Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

My current setup is D Rain(100), BC Lid(80), Arc(80), Ignus(80), Rosa(71).

With Refia and Cecil on the bench called "working on it".

If I manage to somehow max out both Refia and Cecil do I have a shot at Maxwell or this this garbage strictly Whale/Long time player bullshit?

I have given it about 4 honest tries bringing along some goon COD's and I cant even get past turn 4. The guy is seriously full of poo poo. Why did they drop this guy on us when they already said he comes from the second BF event much later into the game. Yet they drop him on us with the first loving horrible BF event. The guy doesn't let you breathe at all. It is just a massive amount of hits and aoe damage non stop. I honestly have seen him cast Genesis on my team 4 times in a single turn and manage to kill someone with every defense buff up. I use defend on him at the turn 4 dispel and he doesn't give a gently caress and just kills nearly everyone. You guys talk about TMRs but the ones I am going for are all offense TMRs and for the life of me have not seen anyone talking about defensive TMRs.

gently caress this event hard. This drat phone game is literally avoiding releasing my favorite characters from the FF games. For what reason are they avoiding the entire rosters of FF7 and FF8? As well as giving us the poo poo characters of other series first over people like Basch, Auron, Minwu and Steiner? Shadow the cool ninja guy with an attack dog is considered one of the literal worst characters in the game. gently caress these loving japan phone games.

This Maxwell fight being dropped on top of this event really is just a kick in the balls for me. I am legit angry with the drat game. :salt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I've been playing since release, and the only way I could do it involved:

Ok I am gonna just pass on this whole event and save myself the anger. I am sure there is plently of lapis I could be grabbing in the story missions right now for the upcoming banners I am not pulling on. (I as a f2p dumped everything into that FF3 banner and never got Lunith[About 40 pulls]).

I also like the nice touch they did for the second week arena. The only way to beat the whale teams was status effects and well we cant have that so ban all status effects. Now I am gonna just lazy level my 5 Arcs I got and just bomb someone to take the edge off this event.

Edit: Someone tell me the name of some super cheese Elza goon so I can try to make friends with him and climb on his back like the rest of us are. If none exist then I stand by what I said about skipping this dumb bullshit.

Who the gently caress wants anime Jesus in their party anyway.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 20, 2016

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Edit: ^^ You've made the right decision friend ^^

Cursory googling tells me no, so probably not as many salty goons as Maxwell is inspiring

Is Maxwell easy for the whales that didn't pull a Elza? Or is she some kind of key unit? I brought Fenrir along on my first try and I thought his lightning was as dumb as it gets for whale friend units and he could not put out any damage on the loving guy. That was when I know something was gonna be wrong with this poo poo. :salt:

• Locked thread