Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Is there some sort of newbie guide to this game? The OP doesn't say much outside of which starter characters are good and basics of mechanics that I haven't even discovered are. Should I be fusing all my catuars into one person? Should I be fusing my dudes I'm not using into other dudes? Do I need to level up the dudes im not using in order to fuse them with the dudes I am using? What materials should I keep? How does awakening work? These are questions that need answering. I just got to Siren's tower, so I assume I'm not even finished with the tutorial. Should I be using all my Lapis on summons? What about friend lapis or whatever, summon tickets? Should I have used all my summon tickets immediately? Because I did. I got a 5* Kuja out of it, is he good? He's not on the list but he's 5*'s so I assume he's a baller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I've been running the Int EXP dungeon to get my dudes to max. Is that right? I assume there is no use for Awakening Mats if my guys aren't maxed. Once Cactuar thing comes out this weekend I should be running that, yes?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Thanks, I actually forgot to ask one question. For Trust Mastery Rewards... Do I have to fuse the dude who's TM'd into the guy I want the reward on? Or is the TM Reward just like a global thing that just magically applies to everyone as long as the TM'd guy is in my stable.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Also you can run the event with Max level dudes and then use the Cactuars on people not even in your party

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

So I can't continue the game because I have maxed my materials slots and I don't have room for anymore. Which materials is it ok to sell all of? Alternately, which materials should I under no circumstances sell.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Looking through my things I don't have multiple stacks of any material? Do I HAVE to expand my material slots? I have 50

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Where do you get the recipes for the more useful spells? I just started Lanzelt Highlands, but took a break for Cactuar madness, I really like Kuja and his Mag is strong as balls, but his spell selection is kind of rear end, I'd like to teach him some -aga's if possible.

edit: then again I also have Exdeath, Golbez, and Kefka, so maybe I should swap him out for a physical or support. Currently my party is 4*Golbez, 5* Kuja, 3*ExDeath, 3* Vivi, and 3* Fina. I also have a maxed 3* Kefka in reserves, but I don't have the mats to awaken him, and I'm using all my energy to get cactuars. Only having 25 energy sucks during this event btw...

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jul 16, 2016

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

So I should drop Kuja is what you're saying.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Is there a chart or something on roughly how many cactuars it takes to max the different star level characters? I don't want to waste them since I can only reliably get like 1.5 mega per hour or so with my low amount of energy. I briefly checked the wiki but I couldn't find anything obvious.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

How do you level your limit breaks? I see it sitting there, but all my guys have level one despite being up as high as level 64.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

The only thing I've learned from this thread is that all the units that are top tier in the future don't exist in this version. I should just quit until they come out and reroll then.

Edit: Also the Cactuar event goes away along with the increased great success chance on fusion. Curse you game!! Now I have all these Cactuars poisoning my character slots, and I'm afraid to fuse them without the increased great chance :argh:

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jul 18, 2016

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I learned that that doing the siren fight (top level of the tower) counts as an exploration for the purposes of the daily. So while its cheaper energy wise to just sprint through the earth shrine, you can just auto through the siren fight twice much quicker.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I mashed all my Kefkas and Golbezes together and now I have like 35% Trust, suck it thread

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Does Vivi get 6* or even 5* ever? It's really a shame if not because he's such a baller with a huge variety of spells and Dual Black

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

This magicite vortex is nuts. 4-6 colored medium and 2 large for 15 energy? Count me in.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Did they make some kind of stealth change to friend pulls last week? When I first started playing two weeks ago every friend multi pull I did had 4-5 characters, and the rest were gil turtles and tiny cactuars, but I haven't seen even one of either of them since the cactuar dunes event started. Also I just got Indiana (Montana) Jones? His TM is camouflage and rated 5*s. I have never heard of this guy before.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

So I've basically just been crush murdering my way through everything with pure magic. I have Kuja, Kefka, Vivi, ExDeath, and Golbez. So far I haven't encountered anything that has lived through the 2xThundara -> 4xThundaga chain of death (Except the Chimera, where I just used bio things) I beat the game last night in two turns and continue to just plow through the colluseum in one turn.

Any bosses that manage to survive can't do enough damage to kill anyone in one turn and just die on the next one.

Right now Golbez is on the sideline because he's maxed and I don't have the crafting mats so I'm leveling Fina, but she just sits in the back row and does nothing while the mages killrape everyone before they even get to go, I don't see the point of leveling physical attackers or healers. Does the content get harder at some point?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Alright so I have zero physical attackers (my current leveled characters are 5*Kuja, 4*Golbez, 4*Vivi, 4*ExDeath, 4*Kefka, and 5*Fina), like I said earlier in the thread this doesn't seem to be negatively impacting me at all currently, but I feel like I should level some anyway just in case. I'd really like a Churrasco, but I feel like it would be a tremendous waste to try and pull her without a banner. Should I just level Rain and Lasswell to placehold until Lightning/TG Cid/Someone else comes out? I also have Luna, Kain, Edgar, and Galuf, but I don't think they're anything to write home about. Should I try and pull any of the current banner people?

In other news: I need like 60 Mystic Ore and it's a huge pain in the rear end to find. I have like 50 of each Holy/Sacred Crystals, but only 11 mystic ore, of which I need 20 to level every single one of my guys from 4-5*'s.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

So I just installed Nox on my PC, and everything I try to download off the app store says "Your device is not compatible with this version." Is there some special way to get this thing to work? Is there a Brave Exvius APK I can get somewhere to install it directly?

edit: Nevermind, downloading the APK in the OP directly allowed me to get it up and running. Anyone familiar with Nox have any idea why the Google Play Store doesn't work at all?

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 26, 2016

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I was actually just going to ask if the quests are worth doing. I have like 27 ongoing right now and just don't feel like running around doing all that BS if it's not worth it.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

That's where you go to start the third island, so I assume that's why. Should be coming out in like 2 days.

E:f;b

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

ApplesandOranges posted:

Do we know how to get Ramuh yet? I'm still working through the story but I'd probably want to get him as early as possible.

https://exviuswiki.com/Ramuh

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

All of a sudden my maxed Kuja gets a bump in friend request real estate :coolfish:

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plus you guys all seem to hate magic characters anyway and push physical guys for barrage. So..... just don't get a single piece of equipment for characters you don't even like?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Kain, Zidane, Galuf, Penelo, Galuf, Kain, Bedile, Luna, Galuf, Lenna, Xiao, Hayate, Galuf. I'm mostly pleased, I was really aiming for WoL since I have zero tanky characters, but Zidane, Hayate, Lenna, and Xiao are good I guess. 4 loving Galufs though :wtc:

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Shark Tower posted:

Well if you want to farm Lenna's LB, supposedly Galuf is the best for it, having both chakra and entrust.

Except, you know, grinding 4 Galufs up to 4* lvl 55 and all.

(Though he'll get 5*, so maybe not total waste?)

Yea I fused them all into one super Galuf 35% trust whaaaaaatttttt.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I just finished another Google Opinion Rewards survey and was like hey, I'm enjoying this game, I can throw :10bux: at it. Holy poo poo lapis is expensive! $10 will only get me 3 pulls? :wtc:

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

It just seems like much less value for your money against something like.. Clash of Clans say. Where at the beginning stages of the game $10 will get you 1200 gems. Which can get you a 4th builder, and also speed up a significant amount of your buildings for basically the entire rest of the game. I was expecting something similar I guess.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Speaking of actual item descriptions. The wizard hat: it says that that it "enhances magic spells" or whatever, but it doesn't raise your mag any. Does it have some kind of secret effect or did I waste a bunch of spellsilk.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

^^^ Do you have a friend code? You're not in the spreadsheet and haven't posted it....

Speaking of friend characters, I'm still rolling my maxed Kuja, but I'm close to maxing ExDeath, Kefka, Golbez, Lenna, Hayate, and Fina. Who do you think will grab me the most uses?

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 7, 2016

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

What's the ideal equipment setup for ExDeath and Golbez anyway? It seems dumb as hell that they can't use any of the mage equipment

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Speaking of hitting walls, my current party has finally been stopped at Europa at the end of the S rank colosseum. Despite having a maxed ExDeath, Kuja, 68 Golbez, 66 Kefka, and 48 Lenna, I just can't outpace his damage. I'm sure I could beat him by attrition if I leveled Lenna until she got Curaja, but all my casters are running out of mana right about as he gets to 25% regardless. Has my all magic team finally run out of gas and I need to put in physical dudes? Say it ain't so!

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Well Kuja learns Barthundara natively, which has been helping a lot, and also can cast Thundaga, which Europa is weak to, so he stays I guess. His Mag is also higher than Golbez, but Golbez has Paralyzing Cold which has also been helping if it sticks. Unfortunately, I don't have Vaan or Celes. My only real physical characters are Zidane, Hayate, Xaio, Rain, and Lasswell, but they're all super low level still. I did just roll a Tellah with today's portal app reward, but he'd have to wait a few days to catch up with everyone else.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Aug 9, 2016

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

As far as achievements go, what's the best way to get the creation ones? What are the best abilities/equipment to create?

I've been spam making shurikens because they only cost 1 copper, but I can't use them in battle without Hayate, I'd rather create a billion of something that I can then turn around and use in battle to also get the item use achievement.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Oh, yea I've been looking to create a few of those for sure, but to clarify, I meant which have the smallest amount and/or easiest to farm materials. I'm looking purely for the ones I can create en masse to farm up the trophies for items/abilities/equipment created.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Wow I just got booted out of a chamber of crystals because of "emergency maintenance." I wonder what game breaking issue caused them to do that.

Hopefully somebody was pulling WoL at a 100% rate or upgrading people to 6* with no material cost.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

You'll take your Galufs and you'll like them goddamnit

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Whoever Mercer is in game needs to level his Locke up to get treasure master :argh:

Having him on my friend summon choices and then be useless is such a tease.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

It's most definitely worth it for me. Being able to pop open the app every hour and 15, auto my way through the chamber in 10 seconds and come away with 2-3 Megacyte and 2-3 regular on average (sometimes more) is worth way more than having to run around an exploration for 5 minutes, and have to enter commands individually for each battle, even if it's a few points less efficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Auto is still using any queued abilities I have set, but I'm on Android so apparently that's how that works. Which way will eventually be permanent, though? Will they fix the IOS version to use the queued abilities, or will they change the android version so they don't?

It's weird to me the way they did the extra lapis. The regularly scheduled maintenance went like... 40 minute long or something, and they gave us 1,000 lapis.. but then it was down for a full 3 hours completely unscheduled and they gave us 50 to compensate. Seems like it would be the opposite.

• Locked thread