Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Interns. We all have 'em and let's face it, they're a rowdy sexy bunch.

But what do you do when they're acting out of line? These boys plague me to no end!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
please hire me oh god i need to pay my rent

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
keep a cane leaning against your desk

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Windows 98 posted:

you look a bit old to be one of MY interns

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Instead of coffee give them an unapologetic mug of piss. Not to drink, just a reminder of the difference between an intern and an employee.

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000
I address him by an annoying pet-name, Mitchy-poo.

This is usually sufficient to get him to shut up and get back to what he calls work.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Put a net nanny on the wifi, and jam their smartphones..

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
tiny shock collars for the penile.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

ours had to come bring a cheque to get signed today while us big boys were getting drunk hehe :cheerdoge:

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

notZaar posted:

Put a net nanny on the wifi, and jam their smartphones..

ill jam a smartphone straight up your nose butthead >:-|

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
Revoke their twitter privileges.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Windows 98 posted:

You see, this is the kind of lazy, entitled behavior in talking about. My generation went and fought for our freedom, and now you come in here talking about pay. When I was your age I had nothing but a chipper attitude and a strong work ethic. Now look at me. Just pay your dues, and stop complaining. Then get me a latte and if you gently caress up my order so help me god you're getting industry blacklisted

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Segregated seating for those who carry messenger bags instead of briefcases. Sign above said area should read: "The human being Highlands".

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

RedMage129 posted:

You see, this is the kind of lazy, entitled behavior in talking about. My generation went and fought for our freedom, and now you come in here talking about pay. When I was your age I had nothing but a chipper attitude and a strong work ethic. Now look at me. Just pay your dues, and stop complaining. Then get me a latte and if you gently caress up my order so help me god you're getting industry blacklisted

my generation ate beetles b/c we didnt know what else to do

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

scott zoloft posted:

you look a bit old to be one of MY interns

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

spray bottle OP

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It's always really funny when social worker interns accompany me and the Sheriff's Office on a removal where poo poo goes South quickly, they invariably stand in the corner as far away from everyone else as possible with their arms crossed as tightly as possible like they are trying to shrink from the room and the sudden realization of what this job actually entails hits them and they look like they're trying their hardest not to cry during the whole thing, like a Jon pop hooker

T.S. Smelliot fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 20, 2016

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
24/7 buttplugs

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
mosquito anti-loitering devices in the bathrooms, breakroom, and their bedrooms

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

idgaf i just let em do whatever and occasionally dump work i dont want to do on em

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
a fun game to play with your interns is to call them over to help you with the big account and then make them watch you jack off at your desk telling them that the big account is your penis

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

scott zoloft posted:

Interns. We all have 'em and let's face it, they're a rowdy sexy bunch.

But what do you do when they're acting out of line?[/timg]
Sack them and get another one to "start paying within 6 months depending on contribution" (lol)

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

scott zoloft posted:

a fun game to play with your interns is to call them over to help you with the big account and then make them watch you jack off at your desk telling them that the big account is your penis

Another good thing to do with interns is to put them into situations where they are way out of their league and pretend like you expect them to know what they're doing, watching them flailing in terror is pretty funny

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Angry Birds Suicide posted:

It's always really funny when social worker interns accompany me and the Sheriff's Office on a removal where poo poo goes South quickly, they invariably stand in the corner as far away from everyone else as possible with their arms crossed as tightly as possible like they are trying to shrink from the room and the sudden realization of what this job actually entails hits them and they look like they're trying their hardest not to cry during the whole thing, like a Jon pop hooker

this is an excellent analogy that I will be borrowing

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Tell them posting on SA is part of their internship XD :lol: :iamafag:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Iron Prince posted:

24/7 buttplugs

This but the little remote ones that can vibrate. Then you push the drat button all the time.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
make them log their time with a time tracking widget, a timesheet website, and a google doc spreadsheet

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
today an intern asked if he could have monday off so he can go to a job interview and I told him he could have the whole week off. I don't think he understood.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Some have more nerve than others but that's when you know you've got a ripe one

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

A good movie

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Make them do pysichal labour and yell at them if their shirt comes untucked

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
make sure your intern has a safety word

better yet if its the safety school they had to go to because princeton rejected their rear end

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

mdm posted:

make sure your intern has a safety word

better yet if its the safety school they had to go to because princeton rejected their rear end

i went to princeton but my rear end got rejected. hes a yale man now

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
anyway, i punch them in the back as hard as i can

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

We have a 6'6 intern from Sudan who works harder than the rest of the office combined. Frankly if we had another one of her I could fire about 7 people and I could embezzle lots of money and retire at 40.

This is actually looking like a viable strategy

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Have 'em teach me all about sounding, also blackmail for latest party drugs. Will not recognize if seen homeless and begging for change about a year later.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Just hire 4 times more than you need. At intervals, before the need to pay them kicks in, fire them. Let them know this in advance. Eventually, fire all of them, because, you know, interns are essentially useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i kneel down until im on their level, then i do one of those karate moves where you punch straight in front of you with your knuckles pointing upward, and pull your other arm up underneath your armpit with the knuckles pointing downward, and go 'kya!'

• Locked thread