Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
I was on the Price is Right last year. I got tickets through on-camera-audiences and my roommates and I showed up the appointed day. We had the priority tickets which meant as long as we showed up on time we were in - after they cut the line, they filled the rest of the folks in from standby (maybe 15 people tops.).

Once you're in, you sign your life away and an intern gives you your nametag. You must use your first name, no nicknames or middle names. You take a green screen photo that you can buy if you want. After a while, they take about 20 people at a time where you talk to a producer. He basically just asks you where you're from and what you do and that entire interaction is how they choose contestants. Once you're past that, more waiting and a metal detector before they finally load the show. This is probably 4 or 5 hours into your day.

They did have the announcer as a warmup comedian basically, getting the crowd into the mood. Once the show starts its so loud you actually can't hear your name - an intern holds up a giant sign with the name written on it. I got called first, so I went on down immediately. Drew came out basically the same time he does on the show. You guess the first prize and that person plays the game and the rest of us got micced up. They tape at almost the same speed as the actual show. Games and prizes get changed out really quickly.

After you play your game they have seats for you, you don't rejoin your party. After the show they take you backstage and you sign your life away again. Basically understanding that you owe taxes and a breakdown of what you won. I won a trip, so I had to book it through a travel agency and we're going in September. Most of the other prizes showed up quickly. Some were sent Amazon prime, others from their warehouse. I won skis but they never asked for sizes they just sent a random pair. Taxes came out of my cash winnings so I didn't have to pay much. It was an awesome experience and in ten years I can win on the show again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread