Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm watching a movie right now irl called We Are Still Here. I have no idea what it's about. I'm 9:34 in so far with 1:13 left to go.

So far, a man and a lady have moved into a house and the movers already moved everything in including the pictures. You know this because the man (I'm assuming her husband) responds to her question about "how did they know where to put the pictures?" and he responded with "I told them." :smug:

Anyway, now she's walking around in the basement. She found a baseball glove with the name "bobby" written on it and some random baseball just rolled down the stairs.

THIS IS EXCITING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Dang it, Bobby

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

It's actually a pretty good movie it really turned the whole why is everyone in town who knows about this haunted house not warning people thing on it's head enjoy

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Update: Bobby is their son, I think. The lady just talked about him like she knows who he is with the man.

Now the man is yelling at some lady on the phone about the basement smelling.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Can you liveblog the rest of movie for us please?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Pawn 17 posted:

Can you liveblog the rest of movie for us please?

I think that is almost certainly ops intentions and I for one can't wait until the scene where the house is burning down because when I was watching it I was like holy gently caress for real Oh man Oh my God etc like a black guy at a theater basically

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
If you're going to post about a dumb movie at least make it 12 paragraphs long with several screencaps and GIFs. Ty.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
They just awkwardly met the neighbors. They've been moved in for two weeks and the neighbors are shocked no one's been talking poo poo about them yet.

Now they're just gabbing on the couch about the history of the house and drinking whiskey.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

OP don't read my spoiler by the way it's the climax of the film. You should watch the Visit after it was also good and I didn't even know Shamylan was involved

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So the house was built in 1859 and it was a morgue? Then it wasn't long after that trouble began. Old Dagmar (who i'm guessing was the funeral home director) was selling the bodies and burying empty coffins.

SURPRISE! The neighbor is racist. "Some even said he was selling the bodies to the orientals and they were turning them into chop suey." The town wasn't a fan of this and ran them out of town.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm watching a movie called They Look Like People thanks for telling us abour your movie.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Here's the thing, they were! Just kidding but it's something insanely close to that minus the racism.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The wife of the neighbor got all in a huff when her husband said "dagmar was a shell", and freaked out.

Also, they mentioned fresh souls in the dagmar house and how it will always be dagmars house. I'm guess some sort of fresh offering to ol' Dagmar's Chop Suey is the ending.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Shakill OReal posted:

I'm watching a movie called They Look Like People thanks for telling us abour your movie.

Please recap whats happening, i want to read your movie while watching mine.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I'm guessing you could have tweeted all this garbage if you are even going to include some audience participation than suck my drat balls op

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Celluloid Sam posted:

I'm guessing you could have tweeted all this garbage if you are even going to include some audience participation than suck my drat balls op

As the only person in this thread that's seen the move, i'm appointing you Captain of the We Are Still Here Fanclub. I'll be second in command.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I'm gone

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
help I cant find myself

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
These people sleep with a full set of pajamas on. It's really weird. Also, scary scene with some face reflecting in a photo frame or something.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

The pajamas are a metaphor for their inability to get over their past you-know-what, which led them to live in the house.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There was an accident and i think that's how their kid died.

Now they're gonna have a seance. Cool, that should liven things up. So far this movie should just be called "A SAD COUPLE MOVE INTO A SAD HOUSE."

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Guess what I don't remember anything about the Accident but I think something about infidelity

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The flaslights in this movie are highly unrealistic. They only show one tiny bit of light wherever you point them. Why would you purchase such a lovely flashlight?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Celluloid Sam posted:

Guess what I don't remember anything about the Accident but I think something about infidelity

Did the husband sleep with the guy repairing the basement? He's there now, i'm really hoping it HOLY poo poo SOME TINY DEMON CHILD IS EATING HIM

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
WOAH! That was a little scary, guys.

The electrician was burned as poo poo. Now the husband is yelling at someone on the phone about fixing the basement.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
A picture just fell. You can't go from showing a burnign flame demon in the basement to spooky pictures falling.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
whats it about?

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

dad gay. so what posted:

whats it about?

Ghosts, i think. And people's inability to deal with their son dying.

I honestly have no idea.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

CommissarRed posted:

I honestly have no idea.

And it's not even a child son. Dude was like early 20's. He had a good run, quit crying.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

CommissarRed posted:

I honestly have no idea.

what day was it made?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
WE WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT. WE're going to live on! We're going to survive!

Today, we celebrate our independence! (no will smith tho)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It's a pretty good movie op

I rated it a 4 on my Netflix

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i liked it until the terrible cg wouldn't stop loving around

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
its probably about lilliputins and poo poo boooo :mad:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

dad gay. so what posted:

what day was it made?

Thors Day.

Bobby died in a car crash, on his way home from school. He got hit by a flat bed. Apparently the mom thinks Bobby's spirit is with them in the new house.

I'm betting that's where all the freaky poo poo is coming from. Or Bobby's ghost is their patronus.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

It's a pretty good movie op

I rated it a 4 on my Netflix

I'm really hoping it is. I saw 3 movies I rated 5 stars in a row, and this is going to mess up my streak.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

So is it a horror movie

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
ive attached a camera to a sportsmans model cudgel and you'll be the first in the bid to get Bass Pro Shop to sponsor my product

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Wemus posted:

So is it a horror movie

Horribly slow.

So far 1 scary thing has happened: a furnace shadow demon burned some electricians arm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

CommissarRed posted:

I'm really hoping it is. I saw 3 movies I rated 5 stars in a row, and this is going to mess up my streak.

If you want more low budget good horror movies watch They Look Like People

• Locked thread