Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Sodium Chloride posted:

Petra Kvitova is going down in flames. I know clay isn't her best surface but still, if Tomic did this we'd all be making 'choo choo' noises at him.

e: and she lost.

0-6, 7-6, 0-6 is an.... interesting way to lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The point is Djokovic cruising to a comfortable 6-4, 6-3, 6-7, 6-2 win against Murray/Wawrinka in the final and proving once and for all he is the greatest tennis player of all times and a really cool dude everyone loves because he does funny impressions and doesn't eat gluetn and definitely doesn't take drugs at all.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Murray takes the first set 6-4. Very high standard of play so far, in particular Murray has been serving terrifically. Can see this being a classic if it goes 5.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

e: ^^ Stan is playing well, Murray is just better than him so far.

tanglewood1420 posted:

Can see this being a classic if it goes 5.

Or maybe not. Murray is playing tremendous tennis at the moment, Wawrinka is striking his forehand really well but Murray is just repelling it every time and counterattacking with drop shots and backhands and he has no answers.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Chas McGill posted:

He's playing better on his serve this set...

Murray is still serving as well as I've seen him though

He is 100% in "gently caress it, I'm going for it every single shot whatever" mode.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Josh Lyman posted:

T minus 30 minutes. I'm not a Novak Djokovic fan per se, but I would like to see him get it done here finally.

You monster.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Djokovic served like crap in his first two service games. 30 km/h down on speed compared to Murray.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

straight up brolic posted:

it sucks that we went from federer nadal to this in the past five years

Djokovic since the start of 2015 has played the best tennis I've ever seen. He's a better player now than Federer was at his peak imho.

He's still a playacting drug cheat with a fake personality though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

Jose posted:

federer had some actual competition to make it hard

Federer played in grand slam finals against such luminaries as Federico Gonzales, Marcos Baghdatis and Mark Philippousis. Murray is a better player than Hewitt and Roddick were when they were Federer's best opponents in his 2003-2007 prime.

e: Murray has made 10 grand slam finals and played all of them against either Federer or Djokovic, the best player ever and perhaps someone on the way to becoming the best ever, which is a bit unfortunate for him I'd say.

Not that he deserves to win today, he hasn't served well enough after the first set. Djokovic has been near perfect though.

tanglewood1420 fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 5, 2016

• Locked thread