Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Mange Mite posted:

Actual fascism - here defined as anti-globalization isolationism along with close collusion between industry and the state - would probably work quite well in the us

Anti-globalization isolationism along with close collusion between industry and the state isn't actual Fascism. While Trump is pushing for some kind of national renewal/rebirth, and is maybe to slight degree utilizing national myth, I don't really see him as being an actual Fascist. I honestly don't think he wants to undermine liberal democracy for instance. Being born and raised in NYC I don't exactly see him being anti-cosmopolitian either, he just expresses paranoid opinions about Islam.

*edit
Also corporations are loving global now, they don't give a rats rear end about your precious nation state.

skeletonotherkin fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

If Trump is Hitler, why isn't he named Hitler? This topic is retarded.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

This is like asking a tulip if it is a rose, its not a freaking rose, its a tulip, what the heck is wrong with you?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

skeletonotherkin posted:

Anti-globalization isolationism along with close collusion between industry and the state isn't actual Fascism. While Trump is pushing for some kind of national renewal/rebirth, and is maybe to slight degree utilizing national myth, I don't really see him as being an actual Fascist. I honestly don't think he wants to undermine liberal democracy for instance. Being born and raised in NYC I don't exactly see him being anti-cosmopolitian either, he just expresses paranoid opinions about Islam.

*edit
Also corporations are loving global now, they don't give a rats rear end about your precious nation state.

That one essay isnt the final word on fascism dude

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

satanic splash-back posted:

Well Donald Trump, AKA Hitle,r could've changed his name at city hall for $40; the baby hands is a dead giveaway that he is Hitler now that I think about it. Like his operation went poorly and that's why he's so weird looking and has baby hands.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

4outof5 posted:

Yeah a guy who wants to decrease our military presence around the world even to the point of taking a lesser role in things like NATO is exactly like the guy who declared war on all of Europe that did not ally with him after a massive military build up. I can see how you could make that mistake.

not to mention the fact that Trump's daughter is a fricken Jew.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ORIGINAL GANGSTER posted:

hosed up if jewe

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Mange Mite posted:

hosed up if jewe

A fricken Jew!!

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Kuato posted:

Well Donald Trump, AKA Hitle,r could've changed his name at city hall for $40; the baby hands is a dead giveaway that he is Hitler now that I think about it. Like his operation went poorly and that's why he's so weird looking and has baby hands.

This is a possibility I had not considered

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

This is a possibility I had not considered

See? Who's the dummy now? :colbert:

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Mange Mite posted:

That one essay isnt the final word on fascism dude

I read a whole book bitch when I was younger and dumber just like you. Too drunk right now to argue with you though.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

skeletonotherkin posted:

I read a whole book bitch when I was younger and dumber just like you. Too drunk right now to argue with you though.

Good

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
Fascism is a meaningless term.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Would a Hitler by any other name have as luxurious a living room?

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

Would a Hitler by any other name have as luxurious a living room?

Being an angry German I'd think he'd hate rococo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ORIGINAL GANGSTER posted:

hitler was 1/4 jewish

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Serious Frolicking posted:

hitler was 1/4 jewish

And that is why he failed

Poz Party Pooper
Feb 16, 2014

Serious Frolicking posted:

hitler was 1/4 jewish

not too shabby

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

skeletonotherkin posted:

so what you saying is Trump wants to take over the world?

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.
Trump as Hitler is too much of a cliche, and I don't see even Trump being crazy enough to propose murdering everyone except white people (unless he's done that in one of his speeches already, which I guess wouldn't be too much of a surprise.)

Trump feels like more of a Reagan to me. Every time I hear about Trump becoming president that line from Back to the Future plays in my head.

"Ronald Reagan?! The Actor? Then who's vice president? Jerry Lewis? I suppose Jane Wyman is the first lady. And Jack Benny is secretary of the treasury!"

Apparently when Reagan first ran everyone thought he was a cheesy, empty-headed old actor, but being a smug blowhard with zero substance ended up working perfectly for him. So I could see Trump taking that route, but I'd still be surprised if he won.

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 22, 2016

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
just coming in to say im hitler guys and im getting my dick sucked in barbados right now lets all move past the past and get on with it

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Shaquin posted:

just coming in to say im hitler guys and im getting my dick sucked in barbados right now lets all move past the past and get on with it

You're what, 117 now? How are you still getting it up?

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
I think hitler was more of a proto-trump

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

skeletonotherkin posted:

*edit

I'm sure Hillary will tell them to cut it out and everyone will be okay

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Trump is a demagogue, so was Hitler. they aren't new

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
Hitler breathed air.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Rutibex posted:

Trump is cool.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im not voting

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I like how my american friends are like nah trump leading in polls has nothing to do with racism and then a month later their facebook feeds are about muslims

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

Shaquin posted:

have the guiness world records guys bothered you yet

also im david bowie, woooo

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Rutibex posted:

All politicians in the last 30 years have been demagogues. Imagine trying to win a modern election with logic rather than with catchphrases and fun posters. loving lol.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Considering Trump didn't pull a McDonalds putsch, I doubt he's anything like Hitler.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
wow you know as actual hitler im seeing a lot of misdirected ire itt. maybe look at the world around you and ask who's running all of these sources you get your news from.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
if you'll excuse me ive got to go get my pubes waxed into a single vertical line one inch across

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Both Trump and Hitler have made us all laugh, countless times, and for that we should thank them. "Good going dudes!" is what I say to Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Al Cowens posted:

Hitler breathed air.

hmm, not sure about this

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

yeah, I'm p sure a DNA test would sort all this poo poo out

we now have the technology to test if anyone is Hitler

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Ork of Fiction posted:

Both Trump and Hitler have made us all laugh, countless times, and for that we should thank them. "Good going dudes!" is what I say to Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSEElcoYBWY
:roflolmao:

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
hitler is less about who is or isn't hitler. any of us can hitler. there's a little hitler in all of us. with a little reflection you too can unlock your hitler and it's potential.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Shaquin posted:

hitler is less about who is or isn't hitler. any of us can hitler. there's a little hitler in all of us. with a little reflection you too can unlock your hitler and it's potential.
You really need to see Er Ist Wieder Da.

Ending spoilers: This is basically what the Hitler in that movie says right before getting shot and falling off a tall building https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RBNd0FiqAw

Al Cowens fucked around with this message at 10:58 on May 22, 2016

• Locked thread