Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
Voyager was bad, but lets not forget ds9s black rights time travel bullshit epps. Partically the waaaa i wanna write scifi one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

I'm Crap posted:

gently caress you, that's a great episode

Good acting but totally out of place. Its a loving space-scifi show. Self indulgent wank.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

numberoneposter posted:

Nope, but however Galaxy Quest rules and is an honorary Trek movie but the best is the The Voyage Home. Stat Trek: There Be Whales Here what is the best.

A double dip poo poo on you.
Yeah its pretty great.

Hard to go past Wrath though. Ear rape just ticks a box.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Bogus Adventure posted:

:lol:

The saddest thing is that Shatner hosed up his friendship with Nimoy before Nimoy died. Why'd you do it, Bill? I know, it's because Bill only cares about Bill.

Because his portrayal of Denny Crane was fairly true to life.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Kitchner posted:

On the other hand Picard is an idiot for not banging her. Why wouldn't you want to bang a horny telepath? Surely it would be the best sex you've ever had.

Consider that one for a moment. A telepath would know either what/who you are thinking of to cum, or what you are using not to.
Worf+anal bleaching WTF Jean Luc??!!

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Danaru posted:

The nazi aliens were like the only good part of Enterprise

Decontamination gel.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

People like Tilly because she has big boobs, I'm guessing

And because she is tubby and not perfect, so more relatable to a lot of the customer base.
But...on that point. Surely fat is entirely optional at that level of tech?

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Literally had Riker, Shatner, Scotty, and O'Brien written out as examples in my post before deciding people would get what I meant by 'in a way' and, giving them the benefit of the doubt and not wanting to look like I was pedantically posting all the fat star trekkers, in the interest of brevity, went ahead and deleted them.

Glad to see people pointing out that there's totally no difference whatsoever in people poking fun at the male actors' gaining weight and barely fitting their costumes and multiple posts about how Tilly has an in-character made-up allergy to cover up her fat snoring or posting deep thoughts on 'why do mildly overweight women even exist in THE FUTURE with all their technology?' and the like.

Totally the same, yeah. Thanks for helping me realize my mistake.

You can take it and apply it to the others if you want. I was responding in the context of the character we were discussing.
She is a record breaking marathon runner, clearly she is fit and otherwise healthy. So my theory is that its a deliberate thing in a universe with laser dermal regenerators and replicators that can no doubt provide delicious zero or even negative caloric food on demand.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Kitchner posted:

In the future though no one gives a poo poo about this. loving Barclay is a lieutenant.

What are you talking about,? Geordi and Riker initially tried to get him the gently caress off enterprise and his reviews were poo poo.
He has a whole story arc about moving from a joke to being accepted and valuable.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Zesty posted:

You’re almost there.

My colleagues might disagree.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Kitchner posted:

He was a lieutenant, so at some point someone looked at Ensign Barclay and said "Hey, let's bump that guy up".

Yeah to get him the gently caress away from his previous job.

"Riker and La Forge attempted to get him transferred off the ship, not believing he was competent enough to serve on the Federation flagship (with Riker even suggesting that Captain Gleason had exaggerated his assessment of Barclay to hasten the departure of a troublesome officer)."

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

The General posted:

This week's Orville is proof that Dr. Brahms wasn't Gerodi's fault.

Was nicely surprised at how well done this was. Holodeck epps are a mixed bag.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002
I liked it when Garek and the Asgard helped the replicators fight the shadows after Scorpius escaped with the salvaged Scarr.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Blistex posted:

I think we're done?

Wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdrjLi0lBM4

Toilet that licks your rear end.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Zesty posted:

Just watch all of TNG. You're not getting more Star Trek.

Yeah we are, its called the Orville.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Preston Waters posted:

Discovery is loving dogshit and I haven't even seen an episode of it. I just know.

It's like everything Star Trek isn't supposed to be.

Yeah avoid. Its poo poo.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'm not sure what the boys where doing in that shuttle to make it look so grimy and run down in just 6 months, but it did capture the grungy Star Wars aesthetic.

Fighting, loving, and reading the news.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Why are Enterprise kids sitting in a boring classroom when they could be having magic schoolbus adventures on the holodeck??

Because the 1%ers have booked it solid.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Warning: hosed up post

You think after Jake helped raise his baby brother for a couple years with dad nowhere in sight, he and Cassidy started hooking up?

I'm going to say almost certainly.

I'd totally put a crying baby in a status field to make it shut up while I sleep, or when I'm at work.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

I love that movie.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Spock's will: Oh you know what my funeral needs, a fuckin Scottish guy playing a Christian hymn on the god drat bagpipes

Allowing his friends, and they were his friends, to grieve and honor him according to their customs, is only logical.

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think Jolene Blalock was hired because her name is like Balock

I think she was hired because some Weinsteinesk decontamination gel action on the casting couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Possibly you might enjoy the federation being corrupt and picard getting told to shut the gently caress up a dozen times.