Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Not satisfied with being laughed out of every serious museum, being part of a shitshow "documentary", having a laughable museum full of stupidity, being part of a group tha thought up and triumphed the Banana Theory, and getting his rear end stomped by Bill Nye (the science guy!), Ham has been pumping money into a life sized Ark.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/2016/02/20/after-legal-victory-noahs-ark-rises/80601668/

Scheduled to open in july it's expected to cost over 90 million and be surrounded by a theme park. Like a Mr. Toad's Wild Ride version of the Creation Museum
Despite being an eyesore, stupid, and discriminating, it's been awarded an 18 million dollar tax break along with other incentives

http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/article73971147.html

Though it is being built as proof that two of every animal on earth could fit inside and manage to float through storms for forty days isn't as far fetched as people realize, it won't be floated in water and requires a multitude of metal supports and parts (95 tons worth) that would not be possible for the "original" biblical ark and won't house any animals (they'll be outside on display).
http://www.curbed.com/2015/7/8/9943156/answers-in-genesis-ark-encounter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
who?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Lol, Ham.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

dibs on being the 'man' on the ark

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Spends 90 million dollars to prove a point

Avoids proving point

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I am Noah's off the shelf fiberglass insulation.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
:argh:

Who?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
should have spent 90 mil on a life size fark instead

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Will they tell the story in the bible when noah got fuckin wasted and then his daughter fucks him

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
He's known as Ken Jamon south of the border

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

vols bitch posted:

Will they tell the story in the bible when noah got fuckin wasted and then his daughter fucks him

the daughters got him wasted so yeah he'll probably tell the bible inaccurately

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
I can't wait until the memos leak where the animatronic studios can't figure out how all of the animals they ordered are supposed to fit.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Wonder how flammable that thing is

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hCeqxJVTQ4

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

90 mil drat i need to scam me some christians

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cNBX6j-ie8

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

wonder how many years until it'll be abandoned?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Can't flen-flam the Ken Ham.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Ok so Noah built the ark by himself and they say it took 100 years. So if he has 100 people working on his ark (which I am sure he has more) it should only take a year right? Has he provided any reasoning why they are completely ignoring all the things they are trying to prove, such as it being feasibly made with primitive technology, you know putting animals on the loving thing, having it float? Or does it all just get handwaved as god's plan or some poo poo?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

vols bitch posted:

oh yeah, there's a tent where your family can re-enact it. They figured that a good percentage of the people who'd go to this place already gently caress their daughters, so why not roll with it?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

One day I want to be a national retard. Aiming high, I know, but I am well on my way!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

This Hamm guy is like the Patton Oswald of building Noah's Arks. A total piece of poo poo @ Arks + Ark-related endeavors.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Ork of Fiction posted:

This Hamm guy is like the Patton Oswald of building Noah's Arks. A total piece of poo poo @ Arks + Ark-related endeavors.

nods thoughtully

i see, thank you

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
Waiting for the sick burns from Richard Dawkins Twitter on this undertaking. Hook me up with some of those rational tweets.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I gotta be honest, a petting zoo, a huge boat, cafes and theaters? That doesn't sound like a bad place to spend the day.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

boom boom boom posted:

I gotta be honest, a petting zoo, a huge boat, cafes and theaters? That doesn't sound like a bad place to spend the day.

They're making their own amusement park in ancipation of gay elsa and the total homosexual takeover of disney

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
How do I become a national retard?

It seems more profitable than my current occupation, retard masturbator.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

do not park at the sunoco. we are not affiliated with the sunoco

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Windows 98 posted:

Ok so Noah built the ark by himself and they say it took 100 years. So if he has 100 people working on his ark (which I am sure he has more) it should only take a year right? Has he provided any reasoning why they are completely ignoring all the things they are trying to prove, such as it being feasibly made with primitive technology, you know putting animals on the loving thing, having it float? Or does it all just get handwaved as god's plan or some poo poo?

I'm pretty sure insurance would be the main thing. No one in their right mind is gonna insure a theme park that packs people and animals on a 500 foot wooden boat that will break apart because of the stresses floating in water.

but of course the gullible that line up for this won't think that far into it, just "praise Jebus, he's doin' the lawd's werk!".
PS, there's gonna be dinosaurs there too

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
how does this guy manage to make all the money to fund his bizarre plans

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

killstealing posted:

god gives it to him

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Dreddout posted:

How do I become a national retard?

It seems more profitable than my current occupation, retard masturbator.

Certainly you'd prefer to keep the liberty of working from home?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
This kind of sounds like that scam amusement park, Wild West World in Kansas, where they opened up a sham religious theme park and scammed all of the local church folk out of their investment.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Windows 98 posted:

Naw it was just Noah and his fam working on it. If I recall correctly (and I probably don't) the ark was made of a prehistoric building material called gopher wood which came from gopher trees I suppose. An ark built to the Bible's specifications wouldn't work made of any modern materials but luckily gopher wood was stronger than steel and more buoyant than regular wood but sadly it no longer exists so insert burden of proof jujitsu and you can't disprove nothing.

Also the animals hibernated for over a year therefore not needing an ark-sized amount of food or trying to eat each other. Yes all animals can hibernate and for that long God just made them sleep whatever, boy you godless heathens are terrible at disproving things.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I love rumham

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Certainly you'd prefer to keep the liberty of working from home?

Better step off my territory, Tiberius. I have YUUUGE chromosomes that number in the billions! I can't be stumped, for I lack a brain, and I will wipe your little 40 IQ head off the face of this Earth if you challenge me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

killstealing posted:

You can make tons of money off the severely mentally devout. They'll dump their money on anything that shines their religion's knob. Look how much they suck on Gibson's dick for the Passion.

It's like those old "prince of Nigeria" scams except the people you advertise to are seven times more gullible. It is Kentucky after all

• Locked thread