Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Ivor Biggun posted:

India is really loving hot right now.

hot a what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Morherfucker only got one name? A billion goddam people but I guess all you need to say is Urjaram is the whole country is like "oh poo poo Urjaram"

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Windows 98 posted:

Another terrible post by arguably the worst poster in GBS!

dont sign your posts

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I'm watching Family Guy from tonight and in the episode they go to India

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

oldpainless posted:

Morherfucker only got one name? A billion goddam people but I guess all you need to say is Urjaram is the whole country is like "oh poo poo Urjaram"
Urjaram was hosting a party too. Could you imagine going over to his place for some masala cha and Urjaram's like "oh poo poo I forgot to untie my camel brb doods" and he goes out and the camel goes BITE and Urjaram's lost his head

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Windows 98 posted:

I'm watching Family Guy from tonight and in the episode they go to India

is the joke that meg doesn't get raped

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byOw4AYd7-8

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/SMEq8Tq.gifv

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

The Brown Menace posted:

is the joke that meg doesn't get raped

Brian falls in love with an Indian tech support lady and he travels all the way there on a whim of love only for her to tell him it won't work out

So I guess the joke is on me for watching family guy in 2016

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Windows 98 posted:

Brian falls in love with an Indian tech support lady and he travels all the way there in a whim of love only for her to tell him it won't work out

So I guess the joke is on me for watching family guy in 2016

do they have a flashback to that time 20 years ago when family guy was good

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
reading more India news. celebrity this, political blah that. then out of nowhere a MAOIST GUN BATTLE

oh. this happens all the time. two dead in clash with the "CRPF's elite unit Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (CoBRA)"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dukWpk8pMVM

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

India is in a massive heatwave and it is causing a rash of suicides.

Humans are a plague.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Inzombiac posted:

India is in a massive heatwave and it is causing a rash of suicides.

Humans are a plague.
India's crowded enough already.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/tIou1Ls.gifv

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

naem posted:

Padma Lakshmi erotically eating a hamburger dot jepg's

wth is this the phantom menace or something

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Cry Havoc posted:

wth is this the phantom menace or something

Natalie portman petrified and covered with oatmeal

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Mange Mite posted:

Natalie portman petrified and covered with oatmeal
penisbird

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

here's the intro from a bollywood movie about our very own d&d subforum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV0SoO4iwsc

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Indian people are super awesome and friendly as long as they aren't your customer, and their food is great.

thats my story.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Like Chinese and Mexican food, the best Indian food is made in America :911:

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Indian women are pretty cute, but so reserved.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Yeah, reserved for their future obligatory husbands for the purpose of providing at least 2 sons and 0 daughters.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

RIP indian lady

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Will those guys ever get their act together?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
India owns. I'm glad I'm not there at the moment due to the usual summer heat, which is worse this year. I've spent several summers there during May-June, the hottest months of the year, and it's always been an absurd amount of sweating, lethargy, and weight loss.

One of the best things about India is eating. The OP is right that Indian versions of Chinese foods are great (and taste better than anything China came up with), but Indian versions of anything foreign are generally awesome. The only foods that become worse are when they try to exactly match foreign foods because somehow the quality goes to poo poo and the flavor is all off (which is kinda like when a lot of people outside India try cooking Indian food). Indian food is my favorite food in the world, especially South Indian thalis.

Street food is great because every city, or part of a city, has a take on a local, traditional, or national dish that tastes different and has different ingredients. You can eat the same dish at three different carts or shops on the same stretch of road and each dish will taste different in some way. Sometimes it's due to family recipes of people being taught by grandma in a certain way, or just people doing what got them more praise when experimenting.

Here's a Maharashtran take on sandwiches - The Vada Pav.

It's basically gram flour-battered and fried spicy potato paste (the normal name for this escapes me right now) stuck between a white bread bun with dipping sauce. It sounds and looks plain, but somehow it tastes amazing. I made friends with a guy down the street that had a vada pav shop and he would made the sandwich and then fry the whole thing again, bread and all, and serve it that way.

Sev Usal

Sev Usal can't be missed if you're in Gujarat. Even though there are many types of cooking across GJ, this street food is loved by all. It's chickpeas boiled in red chilies and chili oil with onions and a bunch of other stuff, served hot with fresh chopped onions on top and crunchy gram sticks. You get bag of bread rolls to dip and it's loving amazing. A lot of shops/stalls will have a smaller pot of extra-extra spicy soup base, which you can order added on top of your already rear end in a top hat-burning meal.

Then there's Paan, one of the best ways to relax after a big meal.

Paan, or areca nut (betelnut) and a spicy betel leaf are wrapped and chewed. Across Asia people chew this, but Indians made so many recipes that you could create an Indian paan wiki and get lost in it. Chocolate, cherry, coconut, rose jelly, cardamom, tobacco, and so on, fill the recipes with flavor and juicy wonder as you chew this delightful refreshing palate cleanser. I love fresh paan and used to go out almost every night and buy a few from my paan man and store them in the fridge for time pass.

I could just keep writing, but this is just some flashbacks I got at the moment.

Crash74
May 11, 2009

Uncle Wemus posted:

RIP indian lady

Gang rape in 5...4...3...

Then dudes get put in jail for 2 months

Get police protection, they forget their shoes.

Whole town busts in and revenge gang rapes because dudes of first gang rape got sent to jail for 2 months.

Old town shawman orders stoned to death on the count of being a whore due to gang rapes.

r.i.p.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
it's so spiritual to drink from the ganges river

you can really feel the chakras movin through you

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Someone should ban you just on principle the gently caress is wrong with you

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I like India. Because it reminds me how loving lucky I was to be born in Canada.

I also like all of Africa for the same reason.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

de_dust posted:

I like India. Because it reminds me how loving lucky I was to be born in Canada.

not so fast

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Why on earth would you eat Indian food when Burger King exists? :smug:

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country

this is a photoshop right

he isnt really wearing that doo rag is he

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Crazy Ted posted:

Ha yeah please serve me up a delicious salad washed with corpse shitwater mmmm yess

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

TheIllestVillain posted:

(making GBS threads in the) street life

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Has anyone mentioned the toilet witches yet?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

TheIllestVillain posted:

You really think Justin Trudeau would turn down a pander-y photo-op?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Volcott posted:

Has anyone mentioned the toilet witches yet?

Please make a post about this.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Skeesix posted:

Please make a post about this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daayan

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-33980904

>Reshaping attitudes

>People who live in the slums of Chandoliya in Ahmedabad use the railway tracks to do what most would do only in private, especially early in the morning before the crowds and the heat develop.

>"We've made public toilets but people still don't use them," said Anil Prajapati, chairman of the Gujarat Sanitation Development Organisation.

>"Some of these people fear that there are witches inside or that their children will be kidnapped.

>"These people have come from small villages, and so they are not used to the practice."

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Indian insurance scams are weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
that Trudeau pic is just lol.

sorry hundred or so immigrants 102 years ago, sorry

• Locked thread