Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
lol of course not u stupid idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Dude any other intelligent life? There's not any intelligent life at all.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

Dude any other intelligent life? There's not any intelligent life at all.

this guy knows the deal

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
yes but its hiding from you cause it doesn't want to catch stupid.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
probly and they are down to gently caress you can bet on it

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
they are also silicate based so this will be problematic

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
Sweet Jesus, that's pretty solid.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I saw a documentary that followed some real aliens, they had weird looking heads, sort of like traffic cones. They talked funny and slept standing up (more or less). The fact I saw this kind of nullifies all arguments to the contrary (not really IMO, as this isn't opinion at all, this is pretty much an established FACT)

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Microwaves Mom posted:

yes but its hiding from you cause it doesn't want to catch stupid.

Microwaves Mom has an established history of cyberbullying me, mods?

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
fermi's paradox :smuggo:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Outpost22 posted:

fermi's paradox :smuggo:

which part of the bible is that from :confused:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

JiveHonky posted:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

MODS?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Depends what you consider intelligence. Our innerspecial concept of intelligence may just be nothing more than another method of communication. Like maybe birds have their own intelligence, and things they regard as smart, savvy, logical, and their own way of qualifying those values. IQ is probably not by any means universal, and may be no more meaningful to anything else in the universe than a few bird chirps are to us.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Shaquin posted:

idk silicone based lubricant seems to work really well soooo

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
When we do discover intelligent life in the universe, we should invade them lay eggs in their stomach and steal their resources

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

JiveHonky posted:

To be fair if it was real life I would bully you there too. I'd give you so many swirlies and steal your lunch money.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

We are all living in the fraction of a moment occupying identical space as a baby's pointless crying in the middle of the night that two otherwise happy parents ignore. The end of our existence will mark absolutely nothing, and our sun will burn out long before the cosmic baby's single yell ends.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Shaquin posted:

so long as I can still get a nut off

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

satanic splash-back posted:

We are all living in the fraction of a moment occupying identical space as a baby's pointless crying in the middle of the night that two otherwise happy parents ignore. The end of our existence will mark absolutely nothing, and our sun will burn out long before the cosmic baby's single yell ends.

Jeez Kubrick. :stare:

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
op all intelligent life probes Uranus on a regular basis

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
maybe not

like, google the quantum eraser experiment

basically, everything is just what it is, there is nothing more than what you see in front of you, unless you look to see what happened in the past

when you look into space you're looking into the past

so like, if you look into space with super detailed telescopes and learn and discover everything in the universe, you are really just "loading up" the required events that would have been necessary for the earth and life to form, given a given set of rules (the laws of quantum mechanics)

so there could have been originally nothing except for the earth, we really were the center of everything, until we looked out into the universe, then we revealed how big it would have to be in order to make our planet and life

it's kind like the monkeys typing shakespeare, you can have the full play, but when you look to see all the random junk that had to come to pass in order to get the play, there is like a nearly unfathomably huge amount of it

but then, i guess like, you'd ask, are there other plays in all that, and i guess the answer would be probably

so like... wait... what am i talking about?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Microwaves Mom posted:

To be fair if it was real life I would bully you there too. I'd give you so many swirlies and steal your lunch money.

>tell an adult

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

do you think other intelligent species have anime?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Maldoror posted:

maybe not

like, google the quantum eraser experiment

basically, everything is just what it is, there is nothing more than what you see in front of you, unless you look to see what happened in the past

when you look into space you're looking into the past

so like, if you look into space with super detailed telescopes and learn and discover everything in the universe, you are really just "loading up" the required events that would have been necessary for the earth and life to form, given a given set of rules (the laws of quantum mechanics)

so there could have been originally nothing except for the earth, we really were the center of everything, until we looked out into the universe, then we revealed how big it would have to be in order to make our planet and life

it's kind like the monkeys typing shakespeare, you can have the full play, but when you look to see all the random junk that had to come to pass in order to get the play, there is like a nearly unfathomably huge amount of it

but then, guess, you'd ask, are there other plays in all that, and i guess the answer would be probably

so like... wait... what am i talking about?

You're the same guy who insinuated that aliens jumpstarted evolution 20-30,000 years ago and mentioned Dinosauroids. Gonna guess someone got to you in the meantime. :tinfoil:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

JiveHonky posted:

>tell an adult

smart move

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Real posting in GBS: If we really want to bridge the gulf of not only space but also time that separates us from other intelligences, we need to accept that our artificial offspring are basically what carries our legacy out into the stars and into the eons. If we ever make first contact, it will be with another race that may be extinct biologically, but had the same idea.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Otisburg posted:

Real posting in GBS: If we really want to bridge the gulf of not only space but also time that separates us from other intelligences, we need to accept that our artificial offspring are basically what carries our legacy out into the stars and into the eons. If we ever make first contact, it will be with another race that may be extinct biologically, but had the same idea.

I also played the video game Mass Effect.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Kuato posted:

You're the same guy who insinuated that aliens jumpstarted evolution 20-30,000 years ago and mentioned Dinosauroids. Gonna guess someone got to you in the meantime. :tinfoil:

that's lloyd pye

the youtube vid is called "everything you know is wrong"

he's dead now tho :gerty:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

i thought that one was all lesbian sex among blue space aliens.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Otisburg posted:

p sure u are the expert on "artificial offspring"

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

ah, sweat

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
if you didnt just pick the racist human woman concubine in that game you are probably mentally ill. the first one not the strange faced cat suit lady that came later

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Eisenhower was the last president to be briefed on the alliance between the united states and the reptilians. There are alien bases on Earth, specifically Dulc, New Mexico.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
if aliens are so smart why did they crash

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Nation posted:

if aliens are so smart why did they crash

they were drunk as hell

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

do you think other intelligent species have anime?
then they wouldn't be intelligent

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
humans are pretty loving stupid OP

oh look we invented computers

*fights over dirt because of a thing that doesnt exist*

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer