Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Interest post for a Rogue (Assassin) Monk (Ki Master). Haven't checked on the updates in a while but the class revisions look much more polished at a glance. Game just needs a better name imo :)

e: I already know & like how the Assassin plays, so let's try something different.

Generic Octopus fucked around with this message at 08:37 on May 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
If you're doing discord/live stuff, I'm on holiday with the wife til next Sunday; PbP can start whenever. I'll get the character up this evening regardless.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Sorry 'bout not getting the sheet up/inactivity, kinda took a back seat to vacation shenanigans.

I like the guild idea for party-building, keeps things simple and open-ended. One thing I wanted to ask was for thoughts on setting; are we looking at Tolkien fantasy? FR? Eberron? Are we all elves/humans/dwarves, or are there magitec robots/kreen/dragonborn?

For my 2 cents, I like either the eberronish take on fantasy, or the 4e points-of-light kind of world.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Malachi, Student of the Serene Tempest Style

They say not all who wander are lost...but many are, as Malachi was in his days before the Guild. An angry youth who lived as a vagabond fighting for scraps, he could have easily ended up part of some bandit gang or pirate crew. Instead, Grandmaster Fiona took pity on him, taking Malachi on as a student after he failed horribly at trying to mug her.

Malachi has grown much through the Grandmaster's teachings, and now serves the Guild as a powerful yet level-headed fighter; the calm at the center of the storm of battle.

HP: 24
Reserves: 4

Trained Skills (+1d10): DEX & AGIL (Performance), Athletics (Adventuring)

Proficient Skills (+1d6): CHA (Knowledge), WIS (Adventuring), Influence

Monk: Flurry of Blows
1. At the start of each of your turns, roll 1d4, and treat 1s as 4
  • Ki Master: You have a number of Ki points equal to the result of this roll
  • Standard Action: make a number of melee basic attacks up to the result of the roll.
    • Ki Master: If you do not successfully attack any enemies with your Flurry of Blows (Standard Action), you gain 2 Ki points.
1b. If you choose to Power Attack with this ability, roll it once, and apply the result to all of the attacks
2. Minor Action: make a reliable basic attack (melee or ranged)
3. No Action: spend one Ki point to either Defend, Withdraw, or Use a Skill; you may spend 3 Ki points to make an additional Flurry of Blows (Standard Action).
3b. Off-turn Action: You may spend Ki points any time before the start of your next turn. (i.e. refreshes at the start of your turn, when you make the roll again)

Monk: Perfect Defense
1. Off-turn Action: You have advantage on defense (d20) rolls against Prone creatures
2. Off-turn Action: When you Counter-attack, you can roll make the trade-off using d4s or d20s (roll both, pick either)
3. If you are Prone when you Disengage, you can remove the Prone condition
4. Off-turn Action: When you roll Defense, add 1d4 (treat 1s as 4)
  • Ki Master: if the result is 1 or 4 and your defense roll was unsuccessful, reduce the damage you take by that amount (i.e. 1 or 4)

Monk: Leaf on the Wind
1. You can make melee attacks against enemies that have High Ground, even if you don't; if such an attack is successful, you gain High Ground (player's choice)

• Locked thread