Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
This is one hell of a pitch for a game. Quick question though, that thirty dollar tier, is it just the book or the book and the PDF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
I decided to make the plunge and make a pledge, when are the backers going to get the beta? I know it's a big goal for backers to do some imput on this and my gaming group just got done with a year long DnD campaign.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

clockworkjoe posted:

Pretty soon after the campaign ends.

Thanks.

Maybe I should save this for the Facebook community, but the default game from the AARPs and podcasts seems to be for mostly Enclave economics. But the way the setting is set up, there is an almost completely sanctioned black market facilitating trade between the Recession and the Loss. Are there options to act as smugglers/pirates? Like buying cheap necessitates and foodstuffs in the Recession and then jacking up the prices for Loss settlements or robbing Enclaves for semi plentiful and useless luxuries, and bringing back to wannabe middle class back in the Recession?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Thank you for answering so many dumb questions for me man. The idea of a mid level government official and Takers setting up a smuggling ring by both dead dropping supplies through an old blasted bridge on the Mississippi River sounds suitably corrupt and sketchy to paint a picture on the world.

Yeah it's understandable/reasonable that the Loss is the focal point of the game and the Recession isn't because of gaming opportunities. I was just curious if the relationship between the Takers and Recession had to be a one sided goal of "retirement home", and if the players can interact with it on it more than antagonistically or as an end goal. Like having it as a schizophrenic permissive or violent but profitable business partner makes it more interesting and let's the players see more of the setting firsthand.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Forget Vampires as the main threat, go all out Apocalypse. Satan is rising up from Hell, demons infested Earth and are invading heaven...and God's smacked his rear end back down when he reached the Gates of Heaven. Thing is a lot of Medieval Kings, lords, and priests were seduced by his promises and lying ways, so God has turned his back on his Creation. A few of the Dukes of Hell rule over vast stretches of Europe/NorthAfrica/Middle East/ or the Fantasy NOT equivalents even if pure human rulers maintain larger stretches. Are you a Bad Enough/Des prate Enough Knight Errant/murder hobo to brave Inferno to maintain trade between the remaining middling kingdoms of Europe and Middle East, the Free Cities, and cooperative Princes of Hell's domains?

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 03:23 on May 26, 2016

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Doc Aquatic posted:

And the 'idiotic tech bro' stuff seems like kind of a weird misreading of the setting. I've never seen so many people think that a horror game where the horror comes from the state of society was positive about the state of society.

This game leans to the left of me, the bernie sanders support who will sit out this election because Hilary is too right wing for me to vote for in good conscious. I mean the remaining human nation is literally called "the Recession" and the pitch spends a large time mocking "sovereign citizens", bankers, and the idiots obsessed with self reliance.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
So to clarfiy, thanks to the MBA level, we have rules on running caravans between Enclaves (Selling goods on a regular basis)

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Twibbit posted:

He hasn't updated the stretchgoal graphics, but Red Markets hit 52k so now it will be in color!

It's going to hit the trades by Monday, which outside of Carrion Economy it's the goal I wanted hit most

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

clockworkjoe posted:

Its major export would still be entertainment - livestreamed performances would be incredibly popular in the Recession, as people want something happy to forget about the Crash. They have enough actors, singers, and playwrights to put on great live shows that bring back the magic. It also makes the enclave very popular as a destination for refugees, which leads to overcrowding, shanty towns outside the enclave etc, which leads to fierce competition for new spots in the enclave, which leads to princess deathmatch - which is livestreamed to a very different audience - so the Disney encalve is very two-faced. There's a happy kingdom as one of the only places in the world creating new happy entertainment and vacations for uber-rich assholes in the Recession and there's a wicked kingdom that feeds into people's dark sides and maintains the safety of the enclave.

Disney of course would have state of the art infrastructure before the Crash and extremely talented imagineers to keep it running, so it's more or less self-sustaining for food, water, and solar/wind power. It needs more heavy weapons and security tech to keep out intruders and refugees. Takers who prove themselves loyal to the enclave are allowed to stay without being a performer or worker but they have to prioritize jobs for the good of the enclave. When the Mouse asks for help, you oblige.

Walt Disney's frozen head runs the Enclave of course. There are rumors why there are no Jewish princesses.

The two Enclaves I have kicking around my head I kinda digg.

One involves those doomsday apocalypse bunkers rich assholes are building around America, incase nuclear war breaks out or (literally) the poor rise up. Giant subterranean missile silos and bases converted into more comfortable and longer lasting human living space. Things legit built and prepared with hyperbolic gardens, weapons, hospital worthy medical equipment, and even high end electronics/entertainment equipment. A place a well equipped army would have a hard time getting into, let alone zombies. Like most though, they need a poo poo ton of fuel because most of those places are built with the assumption that whatever world ending crisis happens...it'll blow over in a couple of years. Likewise spare parts and people who can maintain their little bomb shelter Instead of closing themselves off from the world and laughing as the poor kill themselves they find themselves entirely reliant on constant trade. Dozens if not hundreds of traders, Takers, and customers coming to give gasoline or a water value or scarp metal in return for bullets, tomatoes, water or medical attention. gently caress rich dudes going from in from the Recession renting out the place like a five star hotel mixed with a safari. All the fun of killing zombies, with little to no risk since your doing from a watchtower that leads right back a tunnel that leads to a nearly impenetrable military base. Hell they could be buying jewelry and gold cheaply from those Ayn Rand asshats. A perfect place for Takers to set up shop, if they can get over the fact the locals hate them for relying on them so much.

The other is one of those megaprisions. Those places are loving industrial farms and entire factories building everything from car engines to body armor. Unlucky assholes (as in both the unlucky and legit evil fuckheads or a combo of the two) have their fortune turn around as they run the equivalent of a superpower in the Loss. Hell the Recession is literally negotiating with them with the starting pitch being "we will expunge all records of yours crimes and full citizenship rights" and is likely to end with "also great wealth and mid to high ranking positions in reconstruction Loss government" in return for heightened unofficial trade right this moment. They still need fuel, trade route protection, and of course help with "expansion" from Takers. They are building a new reputation in the Loss and need deniable assets.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Jun 16, 2016

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Yeah, was hoping someone would run a pbp or skype game from here.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
It's been mentioned that the game's playstyle is modular, from it being super lethal and the players being regular joes to being way more actiony and the PCs being Rambo, is that reflected in character creation?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
all stretch goals have been hit

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Anyone interested in doing a campaign with the playtest rules here next week/week after then?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Weird question, but since this is a near future game are there military exoskeletons to carry/use extra gear?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Going try an set up a campain/maybe just a oneshot on here to run either Fri, Sat, or Sun. Keep your eyes open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Recruitment thread is up.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3782068

• Locked thread