Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Shaquin posted:

all this time i thought jastiger was a white guy who liked fat chicks but it turns out he's just a black guy who is a black guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The Des Moines view: An opinion of the Windy City from a city that just breaks wind.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I like the part where Jagister fell for the prank of people telling him Chicago was a good Midwestern city.

P.S. It's still better than Des Moines.

Jastiger posted:

Chicago makes a strong showing for 3rd Best in the Midwest!

I will give you credit, Chicago probably is #3 behind Minneapolis and Madison.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 24, 2016

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Besides Detroit and Minneapolis, I can't think of any other "cities" in the Midwest besides Chicago. Then again Chicago is my standard so even cities like New Orleans just seem like suburbs with a couple buildings to me.

Edit:
Indianapolis! Thought of another one!

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 24, 2016

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Madison, WI is the best city in the midwest, just so we're clear.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Solice Kirsk posted:

Besides Detroit and Minneapolis, I can't think of any other "cities" in the Midwest besides Chicago. Then again Chicago is my standard so even cities like New Orleans just seem like suburbs with a couple buildings to me.

Detroit is about as much a city as post-war Hiroshima was a city.

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Madison, WI is the best city in the midwest, just so we're clear.

I'd rate it 2nd. I love Maidson, but Minneapolis really is the crown jewel of the upper midwest.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Madison is a great town. I spent two months there for training back in the early 2000s and had a fantastic time.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I'll never go to Chicago. Thank you, Jastiger.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Des Moines

Minneapolis/St Paul

Chicago

Madison

Omaha

Milwaukee

Top 5, sponsored by the IOWA CHOP.

Shaquin posted:

all this time i thought jastiger was a white guy who liked fat chicks but it turns out he's just a black guy who is a black guy

Jastiger isn't black either :ssh:

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

Solice Kirsk posted:

Edit:
Indianapolis! Thought of another one!

I heard St. Louis is a city. Columbus maybe or Milwaukee. Wichita.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, I can't defend Chicago drivers at all. But I will say this, one time I got into a cab and told the cab driver I had to be at the train station in 15 minutes and we were about a 25 minute drive away at the start of rush hour. Dude got me there in 10. If you've never had a cab driver fly through a red light going 40mph or going the wrong way down a one way street because it is clear and you're only gonna be on it for one block then you've never lived. I just handed two $20s to the man and told him to keep it. It was fantastic. My only regret is that I didn't think to tell a cab driver to "step on it."

I had a similar situation getting to DCA last week from downtown DC. He drove aggressive but still not insane. I m an what's in it for the driver other than a (hopefully) good tip? Lose his license, fir d from the cab company, etc. in short, I question your version of events.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I live in Chicago and I don't question those events at all

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I've told cab drivers if they don't chill the gently caress out I won't tip them

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Wow how does it feel to live the life of an enormous pussy

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
It's not due to fear my friend, it's because they drive like assholes for their own financial benefit, often endangering the lives of pedestrians and cyclists and other motorists

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The faster they get you where you're going and get their money the faster they get another fare. Though I've basically been using only Uber for the last few years. Just way easier and I'm never worried about sitting in piss.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Jastiger posted:

Des Moines

Minneapolis/St Paul

Chicago

Madison

Omaha

Milwaukee

Top 5, sponsored by the IOWA CHOP.

Jastiger isn't black either :ssh:

That's six listed there, Chief. Also, bs you aren't black. You prefer fat chicks.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
so you never actually got to try the local mcdonalds? gently caress talk about a wasted trip

Jive One
Sep 11, 2001

I remember my parents driving on Dan Ryan back in late 80's and early 90's and seeing crap like this all along the highway. Good riddance, but it's too bad the city's urban renewal plans didn't solve the outrageous crime/murder problem.

Best things about Chicago:
Chicago sports
Portillo's
Gyro restaurants
Cute down-to-earth Midwestern girls

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
The Iowa chop is horse poo poo

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Professor Tomtom posted:

The Iowa chop is horse poo poo

Enjoy your ban idiot.

We DID have a really good gyro there down on the pier. All these idiots were lined up like 15 deep at the McDonalds as we walked in and we were like heh OK then, walked over to the Gyro place, spent a lot less than McD's and got boss level amounts of lamb and sauce. Owned hard. Went down well before the boat tour.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

It's real in the field.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuRKh40AT6o

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jastiger posted:

Enjoy your ban idiot.

We DID have a really good gyro there down on the pier. All these idiots were lined up like 15 deep at the McDonalds as we walked in and we were like heh OK then, walked over to the Gyro place, spent a lot less than McD's and got boss level amounts of lamb and sauce. Owned hard. Went down well before the boat tour.

loving love that you're bragging about not eating at mcdonalds like the plebs only after the first one you tried was closed and the second one had too many people

holy lol

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Boner Zone posted:

loving love that you're bragging about not eating at mcdonalds like the plebs only after the first one you tried was closed and the second one had too many people

holy lol

Mayyyybe he's yanking your goon dick

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I think it's funny how before gbs regulars became known for funny stories and Photoshops, but now most gbs posters become known for trying to annoy people with a stupid gimmick because they are desperate for negative attention

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

Mange Mite posted:

I think it's funny how before gbs regulars became known for funny stories and Photoshops, but now most gbs posters become known for trying to annoy people with a stupid gimmick because they are desperate for negative attention

Probably because any attempt at a funny story posted in the last 10 years has resulted in pages of "bullshit" "stdh.txt"

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
who has time and spirit to write a bunch of poo poo like that these days

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mange Mite posted:

I'm not a gimmick

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darth123123 posted:

Mayyyybe he's yanking your goon dick

dude lusts after lena dunham and sings the praises of des moines, he's just got a brain thing

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Boner Zone posted:

dude lusts after lena dunham and sings the praises of des moines, he's just got a brain thing

No you do

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
perhaps i should pick up some big macs and settle in for a night of hbo's GIRLS and get my head on straight

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
luckily im not in chicago so my mcdonalds won't be closed or have long lines, suck it op :D

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The river architecture tours are top tier ways to spend some time in Chicago. Even better if you go on one of the booze ones and get a funny dossier.

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

Mange Mite posted:

No, I think Jastiger is for real. Most of his story focuses on how expensive everything is, which is classic Midwest. There's a reason most chain restaurants serve buckets of toxic garbage for the absolute lowest possible price. Because Midwestern wide loads care only about getting a good deal. (Well, that and the waitress refilling their soda seven times.) They're the reason Applebee's is still in business.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Boner Zone posted:

Sorry for your bad taste :(

Mange Mite posted:

Its more saying anything is good is grounds for immediate attack in GBS. Its normal tho, I"m used to it. Some of us gotta fight the good Des Moines fight.

Giraffe posted:

No, I think Jastiger is for real. Most of his story focuses on how expensive everything is, which is classic Midwest. There's a reason most chain restaurants serve buckets of toxic garbage for the absolute lowest possible price. Because Midwestern wide loads care only about getting a good deal. (Well, that and the waitress refilling their soda seven times.) They're the reason Applebee's is still in business.

I think you are confusing MIdwest with Baby Boomer. Don't loving do that again.

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
$12 per person :wth:

spring for a non-fast food breakfast when you're on a vacation in a major city, gently caress man, let your fat wife live a little

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hey when you're on a tight schedule and parking has eaten up all your budget, sometimes McDonald's makes sense.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Chicago is real good

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Jastiger you should come to NYC

It'll be hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Jastiger posted:

The wild are cool though? You lose.

they fired mike yeo which was not cool because i liked how bald he is now i wont get to see his bald head on tv

• Locked thread