Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
also sorry if one of those nerds already answered that question, I didn't get a chance to watch all 22 loving minutes of another lovely youtube video

:sicknasty:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i doubt i will play it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

no the idea is that you will entertain yourself in a bad survival crafting shooter by naming all the planets and animals penis

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Is this a game where you spawn in and don't see anybody else for 21 hours?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Voltage posted:

Spore 2.0 will disappoint, no doubt about it. Might be fun for a few hours but it's going to get real boring, real fast going to different randomly generated planets that are a slightly different neon color with long neck dinosaurs instead of long neck dino robots. Looks like a dope as gently caress tech demo but I can't see it working as a game you would want to sink time into.

its a loot driven survival/exploration game, with a pokedex

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SweetKarma posted:

Is this a game where you spawn in and don't see anybody else for 21 hours?

only if you're speed running

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
man if you cant vibe that sense of Spore level failure off this poo poo you need to reevaluate some things

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
im not even throwing it under the bus baselessly every interview with the creator he has been unable to articulate what the "game" part of his video game is without just resorting to buzz words

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Shaquin posted:

man if you cant vibe that sense of Spore level failure off this poo poo you need to reevaluate some things

spore was much more than it released as in like a bait and switch after the first vision proved impossible to pull off.

this game has always been pretty much nothing but a terrain generator but they've had the right strategy of marketing and sending out the super nerd dev to talk in circles about maths to obfuscate the lack of game

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

what do you do in this game

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
space games are pretty boring theres like three good ones

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Kanish posted:

Shaquin posted:

im not even throwing it under the bus baselessly every interview with the creator he has been unable to articulate what the "game" part of his video game is without just resorting to buzz words

Happy Bear Suit
Jul 21, 2004

Kanish posted:

it's ~~**sandbox**~~

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Happy Bear Suit posted:

it's ~~**sandbox**~~

full of cat turds

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

chaosbreather posted:

i hadn't heard about loot. i thought it was just resource collection for your crafting with some alien trading

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
"99.9% of the planets in No Man's Sky will never be visited."

" ...Coming across somebody else's planet is reasonably rare."

Cool multiplayer game.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

SweetKarma posted:

Cool multiplayer game.

it's like the real universe dude!

which is also a multiplayer game

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
"You will not do anything meaningful in this game. It's vastness is so all encompassing that your chance of encountering anything other than a barren rock too small to sustain an atmosphere is effectively nil. You will drift forever, in a ceaseless void of content, using the one time you saw the warp signature of another player in 700 hours of bland netflix/play sessions as a vehement defense against all criticism. Suck my dick, suck my god drat balls suck them."

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
alright how do you buy this stupid poo poo, is it steam? I bet it's steam. gently caress steam

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
are there hats? do you discover hats?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Real hurthling! posted:

i hadn't heard about loot. i thought it was just resource collection for your crafting with some alien trading

your ship, your suit and your tool/weapon are all craftable and componented, and progression is based off that. for instance, theres' good poo poo in freezing cold planets or burning hot planets or underneath oceans and poo poo, so your ability to go get those things and survival is gated by the poo poo you stick into your gear to make it go. and you got to get a better hyperdrive to go other places, which as you get closer to the center get weirder, more lucrative and more dangerous. you can find blueprints to build entirely new poo poo or find poo poo on the ground, from killing poo poo or in boxes and so on

the same slots you use for components you use for resources, so you have to make tuff choices whether to have better gear or carry more poo poo

the ships, suits and tools are all procedural too so everything you find is unique to you, and it usually comes from one of the four intelligent species in the game, who have different priorities and style

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

rabble rabble posted:

are there hats? do you discover hats?

you discover a shame hat that you can never remove or wipe clean from your tainted sense of who you are and the decision making abilities you possess

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

i've never really put in on a giant sandbox disappointment game before so i'm looking forward to this.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I dunno, seems kind of interesting. If anyone wants to gift me a copy my Steam name is Jerjare :spergin:

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This is going to be cool just like Minecraft.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

SirEvelynTremble posted:

i'm terribly sorry here's 21 minutes of gameplay with Sean Murray

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-uMFHoF8VA

This game looks like fun. I don't know why hardcore gamers are mad, except they're always mad and have lots of the less cool mental illnesses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6rW_1VZTRo&t=103s

Keg fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 24, 2016

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
I can't wait to look at all 6 of the different basic animal shapes :shepspends:

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 04:15 on May 24, 2016

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Keg posted:

This game looks like fun.

say that in front of synthy

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
So is this like Spore in space?

Sporce?

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
*slams the door to thread open breathing heavily*

hey guys did anyone say No Man's BUY yet

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

I doubt people who buy this game will put in more than 10 hours on average before getting bored and procedurally uninstalling.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
yes but waht do you do in the game?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

SweetKarma posted:

Cool multiplayer game.

15 minutes in you land on the purple planet you've been trying to get to for over an hour.

"ILuvDaCoxNomNomNomWorld founded by Brian13"

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

ElectricSheep posted:

*slams the door to thread open breathing heavily*

hey guys did anyone say No Man's BUY yet

1st post smart guy

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Outpost22 posted:

yes but waht do you do in the game?

I think they added spaceship battles.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
If it's not powered by voxels I'm not interested

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
I think i caught autism just reading this post

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Vim Fuego posted:

I think i caught autism just reading this post

which post, this post?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
So judging from the screenshotd this is the first lesbian-themed space gsme, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheNightmanCum-eth posted:

I put this on my Steam wishlist ages ago, and I want it to be great, but the more I look at it, the more worried I get, and the better I feel about putting it on my wishlist instead of like, actually pre-ordering it.

Lol who preorders games

• Locked thread