Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
This is gonna be boring as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Oh wow a game where you fly around to look at things made by procedural generation. No way that will get old after about twelve minutes!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Roylicious posted:

The secret to not hating games as you get older is to pay 0 attention to any kind of 'video game news' or media or hype and just be pleasantly surprised by good things when they are released.

Wisdom

Phlairdon posted:

Also to never buy anything on release. At least wait a year or two for all the patches to remove the game crashing bugs and expansions to come out. Why bother playing something half finished?

Also wisdom

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

symbolic posted:

people who preorder in general are nuts. you're basically taking a gamble that the game is finished and playable when it comes out.

No but you see if I pay $60 for a product sight unseen I'll get the exclusive Power Hat item FOR FREE. It's just like the regular hat skin but with some blue lines on it I can't miss this hot bargain.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Aralan posted:

I'm really excited for this game to come out so I can watch the games thread go from blowing their autistic nerd loads over it, to completely abandoning it because it's boring and bad within about a week maybe two

So basically most Games threads.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Aralan posted:

Yeah sometimes you can pick out the same people across multiple threads and it's like lol come on man figure it out already

Or literally every poster if you go to MMO HMO.

But that's basically cheating.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

8 track betamax posted:

So here is the thing about infinite universe procedural generation garbage...........nothing matters and resources are infinite and there is no skill involved beyond having the time to sit around and left click on the mountain of space ore over and over again. And here you can't even make cool creations and show with your friends, you just have to listlessly wander around and periodically dogfight with the computer......I hate this game almost as much as I hate my self It is like looking into a fun house mirror only the reflection is exactly true and just it is me, I am the one who is a fun house

:same:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Can't wait for the Chinese version: "No Man's Why"

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SciFiDownBeat posted:

e: oh I get it, No Man's Sky, because it's a play on "No Man's Land" except you're in the sky and no one's there because no one bought the game

lmao

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Developer: "we have multiplayer"

That Man's Lie

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Revenants Return posted:

christ when they were designing this hunk of salami its like no man tried!

lmao

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
lol it's being made by "Hello Games".

Hello, game? Is there a game here? Hello.....

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

SciFiDownBeat posted:

at this point they should just not release it and blame nazis or mra's or something

The MRA's took down our game.

No Mansplain.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Death threats are really good publicity for no risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

criscodisco posted:

My first week joining the forums I took part in a thread among the lines of "poo poo you get away with at work". A goon who had been here forever emailed me with my full name and my bosses phone number and threatened to let her know what I was getting away with.

:eyepop:

• Locked thread