Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

So, what is a sheep game? Here's you answer (shamelessly stolen from forums user Xenophon):

What the gently caress is a sheep

The game is not complicated.

1. There will be a list of questions at the bottom of this post. The object of the game is to provide the MOST COMMON response from the people playing the game, kind of like Family Feud. You receive one point for each person who provided the same answer. In other words, if the question was "What is best in life," and 10 players said "To crush your enemies," each of those players would receive 10 points. If 5 players said "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist," they would each receive 5 points. If 1 player said "Hello Kitty," he would receive 1 points (and the public condemnation of his peers).

2. Every question scores points, even if only one. The player with the MOST points, after all the questions are added up, wins the game.

3. There are no right or wrong answers - your job is to provide the MOST COMMON answer. So even if you really, really think that "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist" is best in life, it might still be in your best interest to answer "To crush your enemies." This means that even a factually incorrect answer can score the most points! You have to decide what you think everyone else will say.

4. Some of the questions are vague - intentionally so! It's your job to interpret them as you think the majority of AI will.

Send your answers along with your SA Username (seriously) to AIsheepgame@gmail.com (seriously, make sure your username is in there somewhere!) with the tag Sheep Game in the subject line. Format is important, so please send your answers like this:

code:
Miatas
Dead hooker smell.
The reason why I ask for the answers to be submitted without numbers (or written into the questions, holy poo poo you guys) is because with the program I use to organise this, I can just do a three-second copy/paste to create your entry. Anything else adds time and manual correction to the process.

Once you have sent your entry, please post in this thread as confirmation.

You have until 11 PM Pacific Time on Satruday, June 11th (0600 UTC on Sunday, June 12th to submit your answers. The big reveal will be in this thread starting at or about 3 PM Pacific Time on Monday, June 13th (2200 UTC on Monday June 13th), so set your calendars/alarm clocks/crude sundials made from old Jeep parts for the big day! I will be doing the reveal two questions per day with each reveal being posted at or about 3 PM Pacific Time, so you have some time to ridicule each other discuss your successes and failures.

:siren: This Sheep Game is a little more high-stakes than before - the winner of this edition of the Sheep Game will receive a free Steam copy of Automation: The Car Company Tycoon Game (thanks to the generosity of Camshaft Software). Also, the publishers of Jalopy have been kind enough to provide me with two Steam keys to give away in for this Sheep Game as well...many thanks to them! So, there is a bit of extra incentive this time around! :siren:

Without further ado, the questions:

1. When I buy a new car (or new to me car), this is the first thing I do with it.
2. On the other hand, this is the last thing I do with my old car before the new owner (or the scrappers) comes to collect it.
3. Based on what I've seen/heard, this country has by far the worst drivers in the world.
4. In previous Sheep Games, we have asked and discussed at great length which decade had the best cars. This decade, however, had the worst cars by far.
5. This person is, in my opinion, the greatest racing driver of all time.
6. Race cars over the years have had some iconic paint schemes. This is the best one of all.
7. If the iconic paint doesn't interest you, the cheating that goes on in motorsports probably will. This is without a doubt the most devious cheating scheme I've ever heard of.
8. What is your greatest automotive-related fear?
9. If you ask me, I think this car on sale today offers the best performance-for-price ratio of all.
10. Looking back on the history of this car model, it was consistently awful across each generation it was made.
11. Conversely, this car model was consistently awesome across each generation it was made.
12. This particular car's pedigree was the most bipolar of them all; it reached the highest highs and the lowest lows looking back on its history.
13. This figure from automotive history did by far the most harm to the reputation of the automobile than any other.
14. In the first ever Sheep Game, I asked what the second-best engine of all time was, now it's time for the big one. This is the best engine of all time.
15. On the other hand, this is the worst engine of all time.
16. Speaking of engines, this is the worst example of bad engineering I've seen or heard of in any engine.
17. Top Gear is back soon, but it has a lot of detractors with the new hosts. How many seasons will this new version of the show last?
18. Of all the cars I've seen in AI, this is by far my favourite.

Where it is appropriate, I will group answers together in an entirely cruel and arbitrary way. Until the submission deadline, discussing your answers in this thread is not allowed, as it will affect how other people will vote!

Once again, send your answers to AIsheepgame@gmail.com before 11 PM Pacific Time on Satruday, June 11th (0600 UTC on Sunday, June 12th). See you all for the reveal!

MrChips fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Lets do this! :getin:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Done! Please drink 5 shots of popov to decipher my email.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Yassssss. This is gonna be good.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'm so in.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Sent in my answers.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Send'd

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

In like Flynn.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
i done it

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3
We can use the same answer twice correct?

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

TheFonz posted:

I forget who it was last shep gaim but they used the same answer for everything.

edit: Sent/in/submitted

scuz fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 24, 2016

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Some more good news; the publishers of Jalopy have been kind enough to provide me with two Steam keys to give away in for this Sheep Game as well...many thanks to them!

TheFonz posted:

You can do whatever you like for answers...as scuz said, you can answer all eighteen questions with the same answer if you so desire.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
The correct answers have been sent to you from me!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I don't think noted BBC program Top Gear will last any number of seasons.

It might, however, last some number of series. :smug::britain:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

And I'm in.

Pretty sure I've missed the last one

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
gently caress yes. :getin:

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

My answers are in!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Oh hey, welcome to the stickies!

Anyhow, I have received answers from 17 players:

Bajaha
Cached Money
CornHolio
cursedshitbox
Enourmo
freelop
Geirskogul
Liquid Communism
literally a fish
Maksimus54
Naked Bear
scuz
Seat Safety Switch
Slung Blade
SSJOnizuka
TheFonz
Wrar

If you don't see your name on here and you submitted answers, please let me know!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
I cant decide if I want to play seriously or do my usual and have some fun

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
In.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

In like Flynn.

Don't give no shits about no drat game, I just answered honestly.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Couldn't think of any good or funny answers for most of these questions, so I answered most of them honestly... So I fully expect to be well into the lower portion of the middle of the pack this time!

GrantC
Nov 1, 2011

Read the friggin rulebook before you build your "racecar", stupid ricer.

The Locator posted:

Couldn't think of any good or funny answers for most of these questions, so I answered most of them honestly... So I fully expect to be well into the lower portion of the middle of the pack this time!

That's what I usually do. I figure it's a test to see how much my opinions have been shaped by AI...

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
I'm in. I just make my first pass on answer, but will mull them a bit before sending them in.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

23 entries so far. Keep them coming in guys and gals!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

MrChips posted:

23 entries so far. Keep them coming in guys and gals!

I put the numbers in front of my answers because I'm bad at following instructions. Do you need/want me to resend without the numbers?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I've done that every time, and I've not received any complaints so far.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

The Locator posted:

I put the numbers in front of my answers because I'm bad at following instructions. Do you need/want me to resend without the numbers?

The reason why I ask for the answers to be submitted without numbers (or written into the questions, holy poo poo you guys) is because with the program I use to organise this, I can just do a three-second copy/paste to create your entry. Anything else adds time and manual correction to the process.

If you have already submitted your answers, you do not need to resubmit them, as I have already made the changes.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

MrChips posted:

If you have already submitted your answers, you do not need to resubmit them, as I have already made the changes.

Ok, sorry about that, I'll try to remember the next time. I did get rid of the questions though!

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The Locator posted:

Ok, sorry about that, I'll try to remember the next time. I did get rid of the questions though!

Likewise.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Sent

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
I apologise for being poo poo at following directions.

It's my first time please be gentle

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

MrChips posted:

Sawwy :smith:

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Answers submitted! Hopefully in easily copypastable format.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
I'll send in this afternoon.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Answers sent, this time without numbers, sorry Chips.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

It's OK, I still love you guys! :glomp:

Updated the list, I've had responses from 29 players:

1500quidporsche
Astrollinthepork
Bajaha
blindjoe
bolind
Cached Money
CornHolio
cursedshitbox
Enourmo
ephphatha
freelop
Geirskogul
GrantC
Jeherrin
KozmoNaut
leica
Liquid Communism
literally a fish
Maksimus54
Naked Bear
scuz
Seat Safety Switch
ShittyPostmakerPro
Slung Blade
some_admin
SSJOnizuka
The Locator
TheFonz
Wrar

If you've sent your responses and you don't see your username here, let me know! Otherwise, keep them rolling in!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

A bit less than a week to go, and I've had responses from 31 players:

1500quidporsche
Astrollinthepork
Bajaha
blindjoe
bolind
Cached Money
CornHolio
cursedshitbox
Enourmo
ephphatha
freelop
Geirskogul
GrantC
Jeherrin
KozmoNaut
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
leica
Liquid Communism
literally a fish
Maksimus54
Motronic
Naked Bear
scuz
Seat Safety Switch
ShittyPostmakerPro
Slung Blade
some_admin
SSJOnizuka
The Locator
TheFonz
Wrar

Just a friendly reminder that the deadline is 11 PM Pacific Time on Satruday, June 11th (0600 UTC on Sunday, June 12th); keep the responses coming in everyone - the more people we have in the game, the better the end result!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
sent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

Let's see if I can be above average this time

• Locked thread