Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
-Show opens with Seth basking in rapturous applause and thanking us for all the get well cards :lol: jk he threw all that in the trash and burned it. He's back to get HIS WWE title back from Roman Reigns. He takes the YOU PEOPLE promo about as far as it can go but still can't get the crowd to cheer for Roman. Thankfully Shane is out to play Paul Heyman and spare us from a Reigns promo and make their match for MitB

-Sheamus/Sami is our first MitB qualifying match. Sami seems puzzled wrestling someone paler than him. He wins with Heckuva Kick.

-Sheamus attacks some random CAW backstage, mutter something about "drat millennials, fella"

-New Day are here to celebrate their retaining the belt at EC, and they have a cake so of course someone needs to be pied in the face with it. Big E stalks ringside and the announcers, then Social Outcasts jump them.

-Social Outcasts/New Day is next. New Day wins, the Bo Train pulls out of the station, Heath gets pied with the cake.

-No I don't care if getting "pied" with "cake" makes no sense I'm running with it.

-Miz/Cesaro MitB qualifier is next. Cesaro wins a fun match with the uppercut/neutralizer combo. Sub Zero would be proud.

-Seth is backstage for a quick interview with Renee. He spots Steph offscreen and is denied the bro hug. Apparently his relationship with The Authority has changed and is no longer what it was.

-Jericho/CAW is next. Jericho wins with the code breaker.

-Corbin interviewed backstage and Ziggler calls him out for being a bad technical wrestler. He replies he's trying his best to channel Chris Benoit with the badly receding hairline. Everyone else awkwardly backs out of frame.

-Enzo is back! He and Cass cut a promo on the Dudleys, followed by a quick Cass/Bubba match. Cass wins, they celebrate, no dimes can be found.

-Charlotte promo is next. She welcomes Dana as her new BFF and thanks...herself. She calls her dad an absentee father who she let share her spotlight, now she is the dirtiest player in the game and he can :frogout:. Ric tearfully leaves the ring. Hold the door, Ric. HOLD IT!

-Dolph/Dean is the next MitB qualifier. Dolph shows Corbin how it's done by jobbing clean.

-Ric shares a handshake with Arn and walks out the exit :cry:

-AJ is out to tell us ROMAN IS THE BEST EVER, PLEASE LIKE HIM, buuuut, he would have won if Gallows, Anderson, and the Usos hadn't interfered. Gallows and Anderson take exception to this and let him know YOU'VE CHANGED, MAN! AJ tells him they need space, but they can still be buds. Gallows & Anderson don't take lightly this violation of the bro code and end it. AJ tells them to leave his ring.

-AJ/Owens is our main event and last MitB qualifier for the night. During the match Owens teases an over the top rope spot only to roll out of the ring and just punch him instead, proving once and for all he is a goon. Owens wins with a pop up power bomb. See, now, AJ, if you had ya boys you woulda been in there, but ya had to go and do what you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Also again I will say if Seth is overtly heel tonight I will eat my words.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

They've set up two prospective feuds for Roman: Styles, who's 100% face, and Bray, who it seems was cemented as a face tonight. After those two or maybe even before, Seth will probably be back to reclaim the title he never lost, almost assuredly as a face.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I don't think there's an "if" here. They planned to turn him even pre-injury and the chances of someone being a face after nearly a year off, especially someone as over as Seth, are almost 100% anyway.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait does anyone other than that one doof honestly think Seth isn't returning as a face? Not only do injured guys come back face 95% of the time, they were planning a face turn for Seth pre-injury AND that Reddit insider reported it.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seth IS returning as a face though, and he IS gunning for his title. Neither of those is a question mark. And no, I think that "If they were gonna turn him they would've" argument is a fallacy.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

There's almost no way Rollins isn't face when he returns because injury return and Rollins's offense is tailor made for a babyface and Revise Rebuild Reclaim etc.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Lots of times? Besides, there's no way Seth won't come back to a hero's welcome, so turning him is the obvious choice. He was already getting face pops as champ.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I said he's a top five face and you're a massive dingus to think otherwise. Also you're an even bigger dingus to think they won't have Rollins be a face. Attention idiots: they were going to turn him EVEN BEFORE the injury.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TL;DR yes Seth is still a heel and no the company will never change

Also turns out Anderson/Gallows weren't the reason Styles couldn't win, he just can't win in general

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
congrats wwe on somehow making me feel sad for ric flair

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

There was no Rusev but we got a Shining Stars segment I am very mad

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Mick Foley looks like a hobo, I love it

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
rip scott steiner

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

I wish he was right.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Savage, but fair

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Happy that Cesaro actually won a match. Sad that he won't win MITB.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

get on the reigns train or be left in the dust

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Ragnarok the Red posted:

-No I don't care if getting "pied" with "cake" makes no sense I'm running with it.

I hear you brother.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Crowd wants to boo Reigns and cheer Seth but Vince will have none of that.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I prefer the dust

STAARRRRRRRRRDUSSTTTToh gently caress, right

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Miz was always good.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ric flair cried again

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

The Miz should have won that match. Straight up.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

is vince just full on gently caress you people it's the roman show no matter what or does he honestly think feeding just a few more indie darlings to roman will make fans legit cheer him? i imagine it's mostly the first even if he also believes the second

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
I don't know why I'm so mad with Owens winning. I'm surprised they aren't setting feuds like they used to with interference.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

oatgan posted:

ric flair cried again

Seth's suit was wet with Ric Flair's tears

Tweak posted:

is vince just full on gently caress you people it's the roman show no matter what or does he honestly think feeding just a few more indie darlings to roman will make fans legit cheer him

Roman is good though

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I watched Whose Line in the 9pm hour, so here's a belated HOWUDOIN HOWUDOIN HOWUDOIN HOWUDOIN.

Also, I'm going to use Enzo's newest punctuation mark(achoo)

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Sticky Nate posted:

Roman is good though

oh i know, aj styles told me himself!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tweak posted:

is vince just full on gently caress you people it's the roman show no matter what or does he honestly think feeding just a few more indie darlings to roman will make fans legit cheer him? i imagine it's mostly the first even if he also believes the second

It's 100% the first, although the indie darlings being fed to him will also happen in bunches. Don't be shocked if Finn and Nakamura fall to him this year, 2016's still young

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Tweak posted:

Probably, and like I've said before, until people stop showing up and buying the Network in the end he's wholly justified.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
AJ Styles is the new and improved dolph ziggler

Apollo crews is going to squash sheamus before he bolts for hollywood but without batista's success and good looks

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I like Roman Reigns way more than AJ Styles so I'm glad Reigns is still champ.

jamcadbury
Nov 12, 2004
South Side Mexican
roman reigns

then

now

forever

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Senerio posted:

I like Roman Reigns way more than AJ Styles so I'm glad Reigns is still champ.

Hi Vince!

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i mostly just want to believe vince actually thinks in his insane mind that all the pieces of his master plan will shortly fall into place and we WILL. LOVE. THE GUY.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

haha oh mansies

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Is The Guy The Big Dog Roman Reigns a heel yet?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Sticky Nate posted:

The Miz should have won that match. Straight up.

He's on the absolute run of his life right now and if they run Miz/AJ at MITB it will be a legit MOTYC up until the bullshit bullet club interference finish.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
WCW died, and nobody stood up, because they weren't WCW fans

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

does wwe know what a podcast is because this is just an interview with zero affiliation to an actual podcast as far as i can tell

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Skinty McEdger posted:

He's on the absolute run of his life right now and if they run Miz/AJ at MITB it will be a legit MOTYC up until the bullshit bullet club interference finish.

Really? Miz's runs have been the same since day one.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Remember to subscribe to the WWE Network for just $9.99! Enjoy the Summerslam Main Event of Roman Reigns vs Baron Corbin!

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

schweens posted:

AJ Styles is the new and improved dolph ziggler

Apollo crews is going to squash sheamus before he bolts for hollywood but without batista's success and good looks

Hmm I'm holding out for a love triangle/quadrangle storyline that ruins the heat of everyone involved. Maybe get Bayley in it.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Foochs is a Dingus doof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm very much glad that AJ Styles is being shuffled down the card, and we now have room for wrestlers I like, like Baron Corbin, to be WWE World Heavyweight Champion.

Here's a link for anyone who feels different.

• Locked thread