Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I've literally never seen any of the Ghostbusters movies. It was before my time and it was all overwhelmingly merchandised by the time I was a small child. Obviously I've seen a few minutes of the movie here and there over the years flipping through bad channels like FX or whatever.

I already knew about Slimer loves wieners/other memes and the Ghostbusters song they play at Halloween since I was a child so I already 'get' the references and have never felt compelled to see the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

emoji posted:

I've literally never seen any of the Ghostbusters movies. It was before my time and it was all overwhelmingly merchandised by the time I was a small child. Obviously I've seen a few minutes of the movie here and there over the years flipping through bad channels like FX or whatever.

I already knew about Slimer loves wieners/other memes and the Ghostbusters song they play at Halloween since I was a child so I already 'get' the references and have never felt compelled to see the movie.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
it's not very good

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

I recognize that from the movie which I have never seen but have been overwhelmingly exposed to via pop culture.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
every year more people are born who will never see the movie predator

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

it's a libertarian's dream

that's the real reason the new one is getting backlash

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

gary oldmans diary posted:

every year more people are born who will never see the movie predator

I will not let the idiom, "a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus" fall out of use!

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
New one looks like some BS Hollywood executives threw together with market data only to make a quick buck off of your nostalgia...again. Never mind the all female cast, it looks like a hollow recreation that missed all the points that made the original good.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

emoji posted:

I recognize that from the movie which I have never seen but have been overwhelmingly exposed to via pop culture.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.

Ahundredbux posted:

it's not very good

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It is literally the greatest film ever made.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Ahundredbux posted:

it's not very good

Alan_Shore posted:

The truth is :siren:somewhere in the middle:siren:.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
It's a fun movie, watch it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i watched it when i was 10 or so. s'alright movie.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Yeah it is fine. Nothing really wrong with it but it sure left me wondering what all the hype is about.

Ghostbusters 2 was pretty lovely. I bet the new ghostbusters will be pretty lovely too.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

FlimFlam Imam posted:

It's a fun movie, watch it.

More fun than being able to freak people out IRL by being able to truthfully say I've never seen it? Doubtful.

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT
The freaky painting in Ghostbusters II gave me nightmares when I was a kid.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

emoji posted:

More fun than being able to freak people out IRL by being able to truthfully say I've never seen it? Doubtful.
this is really fun to do. i was never a big movie-watcher, so whenever someone brings up a well-known movie, i always make sure to mention that i've never seen it.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

It's crap but everyone pretends they like it because they're supposed to.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

symbolic posted:

this is really fun to do. i was never a big movie-watcher, so whenever someone brings up a well-known movie, i always make sure to mention that i've never seen it.

im sure they find your close minded ignorance and lack of interest in things endearing and interesting

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Chrs Gry posted:

It's crap but everyone pretends they like it because they're supposed to.

That's the vibe I always got. I made this thread because I saw in another thread a pic of some guy getting threats for refusing to see the new Ghostbusters movie.

treasure bear
Dec 10, 2012

in the second one egon has sex with the mood slime

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Shaquin posted:

im sure they find your close minded ignorance and lack of interest in things endearing and interesting
except i don't hate movies, i just don't watch them a lot. i've enjoyed my fair share of them.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

treasure bear posted:

in the second one egon has sex with the mood slime

It's always the quiet ones...

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
slimer eat teh hot dogge

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

emoji posted:

Shameful.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Shaquin posted:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

symbolic posted:

Poes law in action right here

But either way, 9/10 classic goonery

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I'm pretty sure I played the Ghostbusters (which I didn't see) game along with some other over-licensed mediocre IP games on Sega Channel.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I should play the Ghostbusters game. It's just been sitting in my queue ever since I bought it for 37 cents during a steam sale.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

emoji posted:

over-licensed mediocre IP

That reminds me, I've also literally never seen any Transformers media product for the same reasons as OP topic except for the gif of the rear end turning into the car.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Shaquin posted:

Get fuckt op

HP Hovercraft
Jan 1, 2006

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
I've literally never seen Shoah.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Ghostbusters and Back to the Future are my favorite movies. Star Wars and Jurassic Park are up there.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
too bad op. you missed out on some prime Sigourney Weaver

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I'm bustin a nut, op

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

ive never seen avatar

Adbot