Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emoji
Jun 4, 2004

lonesomedwarf posted:

ive never seen avatar

Same, but I know a lot of people who haven't seen it. It looked like a FernGully ripoff in space and there's no reason to see it at this point on a screen that's not 150ft wide and 3D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
The original is quite good. Very campy. Certainly Bill Murray in his prime.

New one will perhaps be less so.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
That's okay, but make sure you see the new one or the EssssssJaydubyas will make you register as a misogynist and get The Mark on your wrist.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You should seriously watch at least the first movie. It's a major part of our shared cultural vocabulary and a masterpiece of cinema.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I rewatched the first movie for the first time since I was a kid recently. It's still good, but not nearly as good/epic/huge as I remember it being. Still worth watching.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Watch Ghostbusters. It's fun.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
OP, when someone asks you if you've seen Ghostbusters, you say yes!

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Applewhite posted:

You should seriously watch at least the first movie. It's a major part of our shared cultural vocabulary and a masterpiece of cinema.

I feel like I've picked up its contributions to cultural vocabulary through immersion.

ElGroucho posted:

OP, when someone asks you if you've seen Ghostbusters, you say yes!

No one would ever ask that because it's like asking if you breathe. When I tell people they are in disbelief and sometimes insist on scheduling a time to watch it. I have this friend who has never used Amazon.com which I think is more insane.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ghostbusters works because Bill Murray's deadpan humor in the face of a literal apocalypse is an unexpected reaction by a person were we in their shoes!

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

emoji posted:

More fun than being able to freak people out IRL by being able to truthfully say I've never seen it? Doubtful.

christ, what an rear end in a top hat

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I've never seen Ghostbusters because I don't even own a TV.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

christ, what an rear end in a top hat

This is what I'm talking about. It's the most inconsequential thing I can think of but people react so strongly, which is funny. I'm just not a big movie watcher :shrug:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Germstore posted:

I've never seen Ghostbusters because I don't even own a TV.

oh yeah? I don't even own someone not owning a tv :smuggo: :paradox:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i dont care what movies you watch :shrug:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Vastarien posted:

I rewatched the first movie for the first time since I was a kid recently. It's still good, but not nearly as good/epic/huge as I remember it being. Still worth watching.

There's definitely some stuff that comes across as kind of weird nowadays. Like how everybody smokes like a chimney or how there's a bad guy from a government agency trying to shut them down even though his concerns are all totally reasonable. Also Bill Murray comes off as a total creeper in his pursuit of Sigourney Weaver's character.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Ahundredbux posted:

it's not very good

Yeah I just re-watched it again the other day and... It's kinda just mediocre? I really like Bill Murray and the movie isn't bad I guess but I really don't get why it is so popular.

Suntory time

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

JiveHonky posted:

Same. Nice attempt at trolling though, OP.

Only thing that gets me all salty is if anyone bashes my favorite tv show Heathcliff.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
My favorite part is where the mayor is all like "G-e-T--Me- ThE - GhOsTbUsTeRs" in that warbly rear end voice, haha, politicians

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Mange Mite posted:

Poes law in action right here

But either way, 9/10 classic goonery

I'm the same as that guy, except in my case that conversation always leads to me watching said movie with said person, and a good time is had by all. People's reactions are fun though.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

JiveHonky posted:

What the...

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I'm the same as that guy, except in my case that conversation always leads to me watching said movie with said person, and a good time is had by all. People's reactions are fun though.
that's actually what ends up happening most of the time for me as well. the last time was about Team America: World Police, so my friend and I sat down and watched it and it was very good.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Ghostbusters is a good movie but I'm not sure if I can watch it again. I saw that movie too many times when I was growing up.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I don't even interact strongly with electromagnetic radiation in the visible spectrum.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

It has one of the best lines in any comedy ever. So its a good movie.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

its a good flick with a good soundtrack. watched it again last year and it held up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Now that we've found love, what are we going to do? With it?

• Locked thread