Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Abstract of 'Just awful enough: the functional dysfunction of the something awful forums' posted:

The Something Awful Forums (SAF) is an online community comprised of a loosely connected federation of forums, united in a distinctive brand of humor with a focus on the quality of member contributions. In this case study we find that the site has sustained success while deviating from common conventions and norms of online communities. Humor and the quality of content contributed by SAF members foster practices that seem counterintuitive to the development of a stable and thriving community. In this case study we show how design decisions are contextual and inter-dependent and together these heuristics create a different kind of online third place that challenges common practices.

http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2557193

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

not gonna lie, SA is pretty unique and that's why somehow I've stayed with this piece of poo poo forum

that and Stockholm syndrome

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone with university access want to post the pdf?

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

dethkon posted:

There is a rule, it's "be funny." I break it every single day.

rebel lyfe

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Prince posted:

Pol

Pot

Pol

Pot

Pol

Pot

Pol

Pot

PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
PolPot
(repeat x3)

sir please leave this is a serious academic conference.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

a turnip posted:

If i was this whale's tutor i would fail her, then ridicule her to the point of a mental breakdown (probably pretty easy i guess), then riduclue her more for being a sadbrains sack of poo poo who goes to a mental doctor

Coz you loving know she does

If you're reading this, HI OP!

hello.

not the author bee tee dubbs

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

a turnip posted:

which one are you then matey

edit: oh i said OP when i meant author, whatever, same diff. Are you a sadbrains whale who gets mental treatment? Iff so, pls, neck yourself asap

okt hanks.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

We're all for Digital Disruption of traditional communities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Prawned posted:

I hope to see a course on something awful being offered by major universities soon

GOON101: Studies in internet losers

• Locked thread