Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

If I ever start to get tremors IRL, I am going to attempt to blow my loving brains out and then miss and inadvertently shoot my lower lip off. Hope this helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

IT BURNS posted:

If I ever start to get tremors IRL, I am going to attempt to blow my loving brains out and then miss and inadvertently shoot my lower lip off. Hope this helps.

You may get some sweet disability for this. :)

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
trust me. it's not that sweet

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

SHISHKABOB posted:

I like the end where the two other people hide like a hundred yards away from the building and the gun guy is still running like a maniac yelling at them. That was a hell of an explosion.

Burt knows his bombs

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i wish graboids were real

also i was sad when victor wong's character died. and when he died for reals. rip.

quote:

On the morning of September 11, 2001 Wong had turned on the television to watch the news when he learned of the terrorist attacks on New York City and Washington, D.C.. He and his wife Rose spent all day watching the news and trying to discern the fate of Wong's sons, who lived in New York and, as they ultimately learned, were unharmed. While Dawn Rose finally went to bed in the evening, Wong stayed up and continued to follow the news. The resulting exhaustion and the two strokes he had suffered years earlier eventually took their toll, however, and Wong died at some point during the night of September 12.

:rip:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

That70sShirt posted:

Tremors = Best Tremors
Tremors 2 = Awesome
Tremors 3 = Wish I could delete it from my brain
Tremors 4 = Pretty good, honestly. Hiram being the polar opposite of Burt was funny.
Tremors 5 = Surprisingly good.

I've seen Tremors 2 the most because, as a gun-obsessed teenager, I would get a boner when Burt smoked that shrieker with the .50 cal.

I've seen 2 the most as well, for basically the same reasons. I'm going to have to check out the last two because I gave up on watching any more of them after seeing 3. I'm glad you posted this, now I have new Tremors to watch :woop:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Tremors loving terrified me as a kid. When that car got pulled underground.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Tectonis posted:

Anyone who says Tremors 5 isn't good doesn't know how to turn off their brain and enjoy a "bad-movie". A dehydrated delirious caged Burt is the best 5 minutes of footage put to film this decade.

:colbert:

I liked it when that really safa guy died.

Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

Burts truck in Tremors is really Michael Gross's own GMC Jimmy. He drove it to the set.

Rex Deckard fucked around with this message at 11:47 on May 26, 2016

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
they were some big ol worms

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I have a man crush on Fred Ward in the first one. Guy does a good job coming across as a tough but energetic, likeable older guy. He was like 48 or something in it.

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
I couldn't eat pizza pockets for a long time after seeing tremors 2

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Tremors: the prequel to awakenings

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
God drat I love Tremors... just getting excited right now

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

IT BURNS posted:

the doctors say i have 'essential tremor' and if it bugs me to have a couple beers

my uncle needs serious meds for it though!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Captain Yossarian posted:

God drat I love Tremors... just getting excited right now

I know, I kinda want to watch it, but I only have the DVD and not the Blu-Ray :(

BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
boo. watch it anyway

it's still maybe in wide-screen probably

mrlego
Feb 14, 2007

I do not avoid women, but I do deny them my essence.

Iron Crowned posted:

I know, I kinda want to watch it, but I only have the DVD and not the Blu-Ray :(

Tremors 1 Blu ray = $9

Tremors 1-2-3-4 Attack Pack = $11

I think you know what to do.

http://www.amazon.com/Tremors-Attack-Pack-Movies-Blu-ray/dp/B00DNUSG0U

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mrlego posted:

Tremors 1 Blu ray = $9

Tremors 1-2-3-4 Attack Pack = $11

I think you know what to do.

http://www.amazon.com/Tremors-Attack-Pack-Movies-Blu-ray/dp/B00DNUSG0U

No Criterion edition? :(

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

There is currently a Tremors marathon on IFC. Tremors 3 is currently playing. 4 starts at 12:45 and the OG Tremors is after that

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tiny Lowtax posted:

There is currently a Tremors marathon on IFC. Tremors 3 is currently playing. 4 starts at 12:45 and the OG Tremors is after that

Yeah I just watched 2 yet again. That monster gore is loving on point

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I don't get that channel goddammit

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

britishbornandbread posted:

If I ever met someone who said they think Tremors is a bad movie id loving kick the poo poo out of them

I only read up to here so far. But yeah.

It's on IFC right now and I'm watching it. It used to scare me when I was a kid. It's a good movie.

IT BURNS posted:

DTs from alcohol. :smith:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

marauderthirty posted:

Yeah I just watched 2 yet again. That monster gore is loving on point

Tremors 2 was a perfectly adequate and watchable sequel actually, which is kind of surprising.

After Fred Ward packs it in though save yourself the trouble, they loving suck.

SilvergunSuperman fucked around with this message at 09:02 on May 27, 2016

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I watched this a million times in the 90s on basic cable so this became the most hilarious "Screw You!" ever. Also, "Broke into the wrong gall darn rec room didn't ya you big jerk!" Great censoring, right up there with "Yippee-ki-yay Mister Falcon!", and "This is what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps!"

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im a big fan of the scene where the giant worm grabs onto that girls pants and they have to pull off her pants to save her
there should be such a scene in every movie

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Someone on my Facebook just posted about Tremors and watching Tremors 2 so either some people here are on my Facebook as well, or graboid love is spreading :prepop:

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

The American rear end Blaster

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

gary oldmans diary posted:

im a big fan of the scene where the giant worm grabs onto that girls pants and they have to pull off her pants to save her
there should be such a scene in every movie

Makes you think what Citizen Kane could have been

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I am completely. Out. Of ammo!

....thats never happened to me before.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
You didn't get penitration even with the elephant gun

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Abra-abra-cadabra
I want to reach out and graboid ya
Abra-abra-cadabra
Abracadabra

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
The quoting in these last two pages are making me want to watch Tremors op and I am at work

son of a bitch

SON OF A BIIIITCH

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Can someone check if they sell that dank Tremors Blu ray set at best buy?? I can't wait for shipping

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Can someone check if they sell that dank Tremors Blu ray set at best buy?? I can't wait for shipping

Pretty sure walmart or target got them in a bundle pack not sure about bluray tho

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
....ugh... my fidelity!!!!!! 😭

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Can someone check if they sell that dank Tremors Blu ray set at best buy??

Unconfirmed
http://i.imgur.com/YCihCc6.webm

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

I just checked online and it isn't available at any within 250 miles of me... loving disappointing

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I watched Tremors and the sequel countless times. As a fan of Fred Ward I spent a lot of my childhood waiting in vain for Remo Williams the Adventure Continues :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

FlimFlam Imam posted:

I watched Tremors and the sequel countless times. As a fan of Fred Ward I spent a lot of my childhood waiting in vain for Remo Williams the Adventure Continues :smith:

Fred Ward is the best. Within the last week I saw My Secret Admirer and Miami Blues for the first time in years, and he's great in both. Nothing tops Tremors 1 & 2 though.

About fifteen years ago one of my friends gave me a copy of the original Tremors script (titled "Back to Perfection" instead of Tremors) signed by Fred Ward, Michael Gross, and Kevin Bacon. That friend turned out to be a giant sack of poo poo and I haven't talked to him in 10 years, but the Tremors script almost makes up for it.

• Locked thread