Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
2 Dont be daft, the Pirate King has always remained hidden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Voting for 2 here.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

"Permission to sail back to San Alfonso to celebrate?" Suerte asks, and you have a feeling it's a test.

1. Granted. We'll show San Alfonso the strength of the Pirate King's fleet.

2. Granted, so long as they raise their own colors.

3. Better to stay clear of San Alfonso for now.

quote:

There's no sense in revealing the identities of the Pirate King's fleet to pirates who might well sell that information to the Crown. You hear an acknowledgment, and then the shouts of several captains—one a woman in her forties, whose first mate is a young man who bears remarkably similar features to her, another who wears a bright yellow coat and hat—as the ships are given their new headings. It will be a night to celebrate in San Alfonso.

And so it is. You find that by the time you arrive, the Lobo Negro is already filled to bursting, and everyone wants to buy you a drink. You'd like to say you remember every moment, but later it becomes a blur of color and heat and cheers, and all you can recall is the elation of success. San Alfonso, for the moment, is safe, and all that can be well is well.

EPILOGUE

quote:

There is always another adventure off the horizon in the Lucayan. Surely, something great waits for you. After all, you've become a legend. In fact, it's likely you're one of the best-known pirates in all the written history of the Lucayan. And in her storytelling as well, judging by the way your name is spoken.

The name of Captain Deadshot Jarrow is sung and cheered, and people lift their mugs to you in taverns throughout the Lucayan. You are, they say, the Savior of San Alfonso, the one without whom the people of San Alfonso could not enjoy their continued freedom from Crown rule.

The Crown was most displeased that one of their primary agents turned out to be a spy for the Pirate King. And if they've gone after your fleet with some vigor since then… you've handled it. After all, there are very few pirates on the Lucayan who would refuse to come to your aid. They all know you.

As your star grows, so does the legend of San Alfonso. You suspect that someday, long after the Crown has fallen to another government, long after la Universidad de Cambiar has crumbled and faded into obscurity, the legend of the haven of San Alfonso will live on. And your name will live on with it.

And what of the rest of your life? Since you became a captain, you've managed to bring together 11 ships under your command, all of them bringing in their share of booty. It's a lot to support, but you're confident that you've got one of the strongest fleets in the Lucayan at your beck and call. And that's before you became Pirate King. With the Pirate King's ships under your command, it's a whole new ocean. You're very likely one of the richest pirates in the Lucayan, though pirates rarely give honest estimates of their cash on hand. Still, you've done well, and if you were the treasure-burying sort, you'd be considering where to hide a chest one of these days.

Along the way you've developed friendships, rivalries, alliances, and enemies. And things in the Lucayan are changing quickly. Caesar and Tinima couldn't be more proud to have been part of the crew that saved San Alfonso. In Caesar's case, you see a love for the port city you'd never realized. Whenever you dock, you see him getting further involved in the community, working with the town leaders,

1. "Don't tell me this means you're leaving my crew."

2. "What are you going to do with your land?"

3. I don't interfere, as long as he keeps to his responsibilities on ship.

Stats posted:

Ye
Name: Monkey D. Spack Jarrow
Moniker: Deadshot "Ghostbuster" Jarrow the van Helsing
Flagship: The Sea Queen
Flag: A pot leaf wearing shades
Signature Clothing: A hollow glass codpiece containing water and a live goldfish.

Yer Skills
Fame: 91%
Pistols & Swords: 71%
Cambiar: 78%
Skullduggery: 64%
Parley: 48%
Sailing: 83%

Yer Reputation
Ruthless: 32% Honorable: 68%
Greed: 64% Goodwill: 36%
Privateer: 14% Pirate: 86%

Yer Resources
Booty: 4,122 doubloons
Fleet: 11
Lover: none

Yer Relationships
Caesar Lord: 87%
Joaquin de Aviles: 56%
Anne Read: 48%
Tinima Cambiante: 75%
El Sabio: 72%
The Crown: 46%
Your Crew: 85%

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
2. "What are you going to do with your land?" I mean my land is your land is my land.

Espresso Steampunk
Sep 27, 2008
3. Being the chillest pirate seems to be our MO.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Espresso Steampunk posted:

3. Being the chillest pirate seems to be our MO.

This seems about right.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Votin' for 3 here.

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
It sort of looks like the description is cut off at the end there. Anyway I vote 3.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
3, we are the most laidback loving pirate person ever.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

Along the way you've developed friendships, rivalries, alliances, and enemies. And things in the Lucayan are changing quickly. Caesar and Tinima couldn't be more proud to have been part of the crew that saved San Alfonso. In Caesar's case, you see a love for the port city you'd never realized. Whenever you dock, you see him getting further involved in the community, working with the town leaders,

1. "Don't tell me this means you're leaving my crew."

2. "What are you going to do with your land?"

3. I don't interfere, as long as he keeps to his responsibilities on ship.

quote:

-8 Relationship with Caesar

You let Caesar do what Caesar will do. It's none of your concern what he does in port, so long as it doesn't complicate his responsibilities on ship. And thus far, it hasn't; he remains the consummate first mate.

Tinima relishes in how her association with the ships that saved San Alfonso replaces the fear and mistrust that previously met her in port. She starts taking on students when you're in port, and she even asks to go visit her family's village when there's time.

"There's not much money to be made there," she says, "but I can promise some of the best coconut shrimp in the Lucayan."

1. "I'd be delighted to visit your village."

2. "I don't think we'll have time; but you can have leave."

3. I make no promises.

4. "Of course! You owe me a race!"

Stats posted:

Ye
Signature Clothing: A hollow glass codpiece containing water and a live goldfish.

Yer Skills

Yer Reputation

Yer Resources

Yer Relationships
Caesar Lord: 79%
Tinima Cambiante: 75%

Espresso Steampunk
Sep 27, 2008
Well now I feel bad about that -8 Caesar, so... 4! (Never expected we'd be master wizards, based on the first couple of pages!)

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Seems kind of weird we would lose relation points for not micro managing our guy. Regardless, lets race down to the village!

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Obviously, a king of pirates would remember what somebody owed them.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

We lost relationship because he wanted to spend more time on land managing the port, but we told him he still had to be our first mate before anything else.

Anyway, let's have a 4. race.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

"There's not much money to be made there," she says, "but I can promise some of the best coconut shrimp in the Lucayan."

1. "I'd be delighted to visit your village."

2. "I don't think we'll have time; but you can have leave."

3. I make no promises.

quote:

+5 Relationship with Timona

She grins. "I'll even give you a head start."

"No cambiar," you say, setting the terms, and she puts her hands on her hips.

"What fun would that be?" she teases.

Anne has stopped her claims to the title of Pirate King, saying she abdicated to a worthy opponent. You can't quite tell if she means it or if she's saving face. Her fleet continues to grow, and her devotion to San Alfonso never falters. If you're a thorn in the side of the Crown, she's a dagger; but, of course, she plagues plenty of merchant ships as well. You don't think Anne will ever really change, no matter who is in charge of the Lucayan.

As for Joaquin, you're now and forever on opposite sides. His loyalty to the Crown is too strong; when you see him next, it's in Puerta Ballena. He's dressed in continental clothes, rather than as a sailor.

1. I avoid him.

2. I try to convince him to join my crew.

3. I threaten him to leave my fleet alone.

Stats posted:

Ye

Yer Skills

Yer Reputation

Yer Resources

Yer Relationships
Tinima Cambiante: 80%

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
The other options seem like silly wastes of time, so ignore

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Ignore him, we only ever chatted with him for the money and he's hardly going to be worth it now.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Maybe next playthrough, Joaquin.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Throw him on the ignore list.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

As for Joaquin, you're now and forever on opposite sides. His loyalty to the Crown is too strong; when you see him next, it's in Puerta Ballena. He's dressed in continental clothes, rather than as a sailor.

1. I avoid him.

2. I try to convince him to join my crew.

3. I threaten him to leave my fleet alone.

quote:

No sense causing trouble for either of you. For now, there's little else to tell. You and your ship may as well live and breathe together. She's your first thought in the morning and your last thought at night. Some may say you work too hard, but to you, it's not work. Your ship, and life on the Lucayan, riding the winds and waves, are your world. And for now, you're content.

And so you sail, the waves beneath your hull, the winds in your sails, the music of the islands drifting across your deck. You wouldn't have it any other way.

Would you?

END

Stats posted:

Ye
Name: Monkey D. Spack Jarrow, The Pirate King

Yer Skills

Yer Reputation

Yer Resources

Yer Relationships
Tinima Cambiante: 80%

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Yay, we win! And without anything getting close to our indeterminate sex except a rather confused goldfish.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

chiefnewo posted:

Yay, we win! And without anything getting close to our indeterminate sex except a rather confused goldfish.

Yup. That's particularly hilarious since goons voted for "Men or women — doesn't matter, so long as they're a bit of fun" when asked the question "What sort of lovers do you normally seek?", and then proceeded to turn down every subsequent opportunity to have fun.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
We started out as a cunning pirate but due to our chastity, we ended as a Wizard Pirate King.

Espresso Steampunk
Sep 27, 2008
Hooray, Goonmind! And thanks, JosephWongKS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dakona
May 3, 2014
This was a good read and enjoyable.

Still can't help but chuckle that Spack ended up being a wizard in more than one sense of the word. Ah well, least they've got Ghost Grandma to keep 'em company while they sail the seas.

• Locked thread