Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
lmao if you don't pretend to be a veteran in order to get discounts at applebees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Drink Cheerwine posted:

i like that leftists are back to openly reviling military men, warms my cockles

did that ever stop

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Drink Cheerwine posted:

where is this happening? PTSD got you again?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
SA has always hated fat gamers glued to a joystick, now that the army is full of this the hatred naturally follows

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Are nations fighting men and womyn are TRUE AMRICAN HEROS!

They fully deserve their discount at Golden Corral, AND Sizzler.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
stolen valor videos are one of my favorite things. two combat patches from the same deployment? nice dude!

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Parallax Scroll posted:

did that ever stop

maybe not, but it seemed progressively less prevalent in post-boomer generations

even the ones who still hated seemed to more closely ape the lies of their leaders

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
cockles :3:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Jody stole your moms valor.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
So what exactly is the point of stealing valor. What is there to gain other than maybe a 10% discount at cracker barrel?

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Can't a brotha just get another 9/11?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

stolen valor videos are one of my favorite things. two combat patches from the same deployment? nice dude!

The best one was the one where it turned out the guy was a legit vet and the guys confronting him were just idiots (like every person who films Stolen Valour confrontations)

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Wait, what?

How the hell did that movie make so much money? Movies with a cast of thousands storming the beaches of Normandy as every pyrotechnic effect every made goes off? Nah, gotta catch this flick about a sadbrains sniper who got merced by someone with even more sadbrains.

americans are morons who worship soldiers

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Windows 98 posted:

So what exactly is the point of stealing valor. What is there to gain other than maybe a 10% discount at cracker barrel?

Home Depot and Lowes give a nice discount to vets. It paid for the tax + a little extra when I dropped a bunch of cash on a new dishwasher and 3 toilets last year.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Drink Cheerwine posted:

how cruel of them to dislike hired killers with a minor in rape

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Windows 98 posted:

preferential treatment in employment, feeling tough and generally getting respect and deference from bovine america

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Professor Shark posted:

The best one was the one where it turned out the guy was a legit vet and the guys confronting him were just idiots (like every person who films Stolen Valour confrontations)

link?

Windows 98 posted:

aside from a lot of discounts, you sometimes get free things from starbucks and stuff. the biggest reason seems to be respect from strangers. bragging about something you didnt do. basically a huge indicator that someone has the most broken of brains.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I was at Applebees one time and I saw Hulk Hogan there. He was flexing his muscles in front of a frightened waitress and saying things like "I'm Hollywood Hogan and America deserved 9/11" so I stepped in and slapped him in the mouth with my dick and he started crying like a little bitch.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Wouldn't it be easier to just wear a MIB type outfit and pretend to be secret service? Try making the president pay for his coffee :smug:

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Tezzor posted:

how cruel of them to dislike hired killers with a minor in rape

hi tezzor, nice to see you again :)

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Drink Cheerwine posted:

hi tezzor, nice to see you again :)

good to be back OP

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
has the valor been returned hyet

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

where can i buy a uniform to steal some valor? ebay?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I don't have one, it was about a year ago and I read about it in GBS. It was a standard video, the news article afterwards where it turned out the guy was an actual vet was the funny part.

IIRC it even sounded fake, like he left something that would have proved he was who he said he was at home.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Professor Shark posted:

I don't have one, it was about a year ago and I read about it in GBS. It was a standard video, the news article afterwards where it turned out the guy was an actual vet was the funny part.

IIRC it even sounded fake, like he left something that would have proved he was who he said he was at home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t_Yj7Hb398

?

red_dirt
Apr 26, 2014

by Shine

Tezzor posted:

americans are morons who worship soldiers

Truth.

The first two pages of this thread were filled with a prime example of one.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

The Protagonist posted:

has the valor been returned hyet

Yes, but only a pro-rata portion based on time lost.

You can top up your valor quota for the year though by wearing your uniform around for no reason while you buy groceries or go to the movies or other inane poo poo.

roymorrison
Jul 26, 2005
lmao gently caress chris kyle

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

King of Bees posted:

Sorry, they will beat your rear end to pulp.

Pffft no. Those pussies are all talk.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
My British wife is always stunned at the discounts and poo poo I get. Probably because her country pays their military a lot better. Hahahahha

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

excuse me, i think i might have found some stolen valour

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Yeah I must have combined two in my head, that's what I was thinking of

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

excuse me, i think i might have found some stolen valour

Dude. Turn that in.

afterhours
Jul 1, 2007
We're so weird about worshipping soldiers.

I worked mall retail in college and one day two guys in fatigues came clomping up to the register. Without even looking at anything, they asked if we gave a military discount. I kind of chuckled, because I didn't think that was even a thing other places, and said we didn't. They got huffy and demanded to know why not. I told them it was corporate policy and they turned around and left. On the way out my assistant manager, standing beside me, yelled out: "But we thank you for everything you've done for our country! You're a hero!"

I'd see guys like this all the time. They'd come to the mall in their uniforms, which they probably got from the nearby army surplus store, and walk up and down the halls for hours. People would come up and ask to shake their hands. I saw one older lady ask for a hug. I once saw some girls ask to take their picture with them. It's just really loving weird.

That day I asked my assistant manager if she thought it was strange that they'd even be roaming around in uniform. We live in a small town that is nowhere near a military base, and we do not have a major airport or bus depot. She also got huffy and said, "Afterhours, they're clearly back from deployment. They didn't have time to change into regular clothes."

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

King of Bees posted:

I've worked with tons of them and while they don't particularly like the dude and what he did and said and got paid for., he is still a Seal and they'll beat your rear end if you talk poo poo about him in front of them.

I doubt that any of them will risk jail time for somethign so stupid you are a liar.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Muttonchips posted:

I doubt that any of them will risk jail time for somethign so stupid you are a liar.

You got me :(

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Windows 98 posted:

Actually they won't, because that is assault. I know a thing or two about laws regarding assault.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Actually I'd like to see you put this to the test. Go to Danny's Bar in Coronado CA on Friday night and start ranting about how Chris Kyle was a gently caress up. Make sure the whole bar hears you.Then when you're ground beef do a report back here about how you were treated vs the guys who did it to you. Do it for science.

red_dirt
Apr 26, 2014

by Shine

King of Bees posted:

Actually I'd like to see you put this to the test. Go to Danny's Bar in Coronado CA on Friday night and start ranting about how Chris Kyle was a gently caress up. Make sure the whole bar hears you.Then when you're ground beef do a report back here about how you were treated vs the guys who did it to you. Do it for science.

You're really invested in this image you have of OPERATORS. Does Tom Clancy know you're defending his honor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich

paul_soccer10 posted:

[url]do we have any SEALS Here?
Not a SEAL, but I was a member of the Globally Integrated Joint Operations Entity. AMA but I won't break opsec.

• Locked thread