Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

red_dirt posted:

You're really invested in this image you have of OPERATORS. Does Tom Clancy know you're defending his honor?

Shut up nerd I've actually been there done that and have the broken brains from it. (sorry im being a jerk)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
Kyle was an insecure pussy as evidenced by the Katrina tall tale and I have no doubt a significant number of those he did kill were women and children. Here is a real baller and proof that women should be allowed in combat arms:

She actually had to stalk targets and not just kick it in a shaded and well-equipped sniper hide with plenty of water and snacks like Kyle did.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

valor isn't even a finite resource you can't steal it

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Tuxedo Gin posted:

Fox news even proved this by branding every motor T driver serving in the conus during the years of the wars as "heroes."

"I worked as an S2 clerk in the midwest for four years I'M A HERO!"

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Robot Pride posted:

Kyle was an insecure pussy as evidenced by the Katrina tall tale and I have no doubt a significant number of those he did kill were women and children. Here is a real baller and proof that women should be allowed in combat arms:

She actually had to stalk targets and not just kick it in a shaded and well-equipped sniper hide with plenty of water and snacks like Kyle did.

lol props to whoever wasted their time making the meme about the cool soviet sniper lady vis a vis Chris Kyle

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
props indeed

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
Her nom de guerre was "Lady Death" while I'm pretty sure Chris Kyle's was "Lying human being."

red_dirt
Apr 26, 2014

by Shine

King of Bees posted:

Shut up nerd I've actually been there done that and have the broken brains from it. (sorry im being a jerk)

drat it. I'm being trolled.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Honest question: Why doesn't the army make it against policy to wear your uniform during non military functions? I doubt any well adjusted soldier is going to trawl the local mall for compliments and using your military uniform as an alternative to a suit also seems weird and somewhat offensive.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

Honest question: Why doesn't the army make it against policy to wear your uniform during non military functions? I doubt any well adjusted soldier is going to trawl the local mall for compliments and using your military uniform as an alternative to a suit also seems weird and somewhat offensive.

lol soldiers are so well adjusted that gip has copies of threads from other subforums since the troops are too hosed up to post with the general population

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

There's a few already. Namely, you can't participate in politicking or be publicly promoting anything but the armed forces in uniform. I can't recall if that was active duty or applied to people who mustered out as well.

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Young Freud posted:

There's a few already. Namely, you can't participate in politicking or be publicly promoting anything but the armed forces in uniform. I can't recall if that was active duty or applied to people who mustered out as well.

You can't use the uniform as in implicit or indirect endorsement active or retired like doing commercials for even a delicious beverage like cherry coke.

In the Marine Corps you are absolutely not allowed to go out in public in your utility uniform (cammies) but the Army lets soldiers go to bars in cammies so they can mooch beers and wear them in the mall with backpacks on like the true millennial gen service they are.

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
Marine Corps essentially lets you do the same thing in your service B/C uniform (sans daypack), but it's such a pain in the rear end that all but the most motarded of boots would rather hang themselves than actually do it.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Tuxedo Gin posted:

You wouldn't download a valor

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Robot Pride posted:

Fox news even proved this by branding every motor T driver serving in the conus during the years of the wars as "heroes."

So, less 'valor theft' and more 'valor inflation'? If that's the case you should invest your valor in a more stable commodity like gold or bitcoins.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

King of Bees posted:

My British wife is always stunned at the discounts and poo poo I get. Probably because her country pays their military a lot better. Hahahahha

Tell her I said "Hi" ;)

Robot Pride posted:

Her nom de guerre was "Lady Death" while I'm pretty sure Chris Kyle's was "Lying human being."

That's actually wayyyyy cooler than Kyle, who just stole the Punisher logo and made it dumb by association

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 10:49 on May 26, 2016

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Chris Kyle was a braggart and a knave, and his movie was boring.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I am an American seal navy and I will loving kill you!!! I trained for 30 years!

penis man
May 18, 2016

by zen death robot
dunno y ppl dont focus more on rehabilitation and other costs instead of the latest joint strike fighter overwatch game oil war feel good advertisement of the year etc

shiftless
May 18, 2005

That movie was the tamest portrayal of PTSD I have ever seen...

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
When at first they came for our gerbs, I did nothing. Now that they are taking our valor I must take a stand.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I thought the thread was stolen vapor so I buckled in for a wild ride. Imagine the egg on my face right now.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
nothing compared to the ments of the ongoing Jason Blaha stolen valor saga

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011
Why did it take them like 5 years to crack this case? He public told these lies a while ago. Was the Navy just not trying to step on the PR for their movie?

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Last Buffalo posted:

Why did it take them like 5 years to crack this case? He public told these lies a while ago. Was the Navy just not trying to step on the PR for their movie?

Because "hero" story is a mad baller recruitment tool.

Last Buffalo
Nov 7, 2011
Then why bring it up at all? This was an open secret and they didn't care. Why start giving a poo poo? Is this proof our horrible wars on terror or over?!?!?!?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i prefer to call it "borrowed valor"

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I heard he has hard scoping camper just aiming at the same goddamn door, also sometimes he would just camp corners and shotgun people. One time he shotgunned a kid and then stuck an ied in the kids pants.

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

King of Bees posted:

In my defense I'm a senior NCO in the Navy who worked side by side with these guys for years so I do have some experience with these situations (too much...).
You're some kind of bullshit artist. We don't have "NCO's" in the Navy, civilian.

Another case of Stolen Valor in GBS

Gray Matter fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 26, 2016

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs

It's kind of frowned on to walk around in your uniform in public for no good reason... at least where I'm stationed. the only people in Lowe's in their military uniforms are tired O4s who needed to get a new toilet clapper before they get home from work and are too tired to change.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Gray Matter posted:

You're some kind of bullshit artist. We don't have "NCO's" in the Navy, civilian.

Another case of Stolen Valor in GBS

You're right I made it all up! 😭

I'm one of these :chiefsay: which is definitely NOT a senior NCO!

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

King of Bees posted:

You're right I made it all up! 😭

I'm one of these :chiefsay: which is definitely NOT a senior NCO!
Literally nobody in the history of the Navy has ever referred to the E4-E9 ranks as an NCO.

You're a liar.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Well all I know is we have a 96 this weekend and the probably means the senior results won't come out for another week and it's probably my last competitive look.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Gray Matter posted:

Literally nobody in the history of the Navy has ever referred to the E4-E9 ranks as an NCO.

You're a liar.

Btw you are 100% incorrect on this. You need GMT. Dont they issue blue jackets manuals anymore?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

King of Bees posted:

Well all I know is we have a 96 this weekend and the probably means the senior results won't come out for another week and it's probably my last competitive look.

Nice meltdown, idiot!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Gray Matter posted:

You're a liar.

Dude, I heard NCO/Chief used interchangeably all the time by sailors when I was on an LHD avoiding work like a proper Air Winger

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Wow cool Gip chat u guys should gently caress

wacky tacky kathy
May 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Booblord Zagats posted:

Dude, I heard NCO/Chief used interchangeably all the time by sailors when I was on an LHD avoiding work like a proper Air Winger

olag did u play WoW too with kasia k8 or were u busy having sex with big dick black doods to bother with that sperg poo poo? jwing

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Captain Yossarian posted:

Wow cool Gip chat u guys should gently caress

Thats an unlawful order, Captain

• Locked thread