Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/goodbye-empty-nest-millennials-staying-140038879.html

article posted:

For the first time on record, living with parents is now the most common arrangement for people ages 18 to 34, an analysis of census data by the Pew Research Center has found.

And the proportion of older millennials — those ages 25 to 34 — who are living at home has reached its highest point (19 percent) on record, Pew analysts said.

Nearly one-third of all millennials live with their parents, slightly more than the proportion who live with a spouse or partner. It's the first time that living at home has outpaced living with a spouse for this age group since such record-keeping began in 1880.

LOL, good job everyone.

edit: saving money is a wise choice, no hate here

Mokelumne Trekka fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Haha you actually care about this

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

hello, I;m a millenail.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they dont actually live with your mom. that is an excuse your mom makes for all the young people who rotate through her bedroom. also it is very strange that you call your mother mommy as an adult.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
did someone say MILLENIALS

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I wonder if the economy plays into this, at all. Or, perhaps it is because some Oberlin students are dumb. Take your pick.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
holy moley, thats like half!!

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Orkin Mang posted:

holy moley, thats like half!!

millenials?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm moving out because my mom and dad refuse to increase their internet speed. Check and mate parents I guess. :shrug:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
18 to 30 loving 4?

Christ.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Its because millenials dont want to work, and their on their phones all of the entire day...

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
i hear you can get houses for like $2 in a lovely city with black neighbours what is the problem

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Nation posted:

i hear you can get houses for like $2 in a lovely city with black neighbours what is the problem

sounds good, how close is Whole Foods to one those ghettofab shacks

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
there was a good study about how only 7 counties (yes counties) in the entire country now drive all of the jobs (down from like 50 in the 90s) and i thought to myself what pieces of poo poo the people outside of those counties are

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
not sure if I'm a millenial or not but I don't live with my mommy

but to be honest I'd probably have a lot more money if I did

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
god i loving LOVE millennials

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

The Landstander posted:

I wonder if the economy plays into this, at all. Or, perhaps it is because some Oberlin students are dumb. Take your pick.

Wrong! The economy is totally perfect and strong. It is strictly because millenials bad. Weak piss babies. Not strong like old people.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i love my mommy

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
*looks around at my garbage shitheap apartment*

fuckin millenial losers :smug:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i love my mommy

i love your mommy too... physically

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I date millennials. They're usually ok. I barely snuck into Gen X, or the Oregon Trail generation of you accept that as a real one.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

i love your mommy too... physically

what the deuce

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Millennials all need a nice long hitch in the army, that'll straighten them out.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Applewhite posted:

Millennials all need a nice long hitch in the army, that'll straighten them out.

What this generation needs is a good blood-letting!

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx
ITT: people that thinks it's cool to pay rent. Real talk: it's not.

If I could spend 30 minutes with my mom without us yelling at each other and if she wouldn't charge rent because she is such a ball breaker I'd live free with my parents if I could.

Paying rent is for the birds. No rent payment is like a free zip of cocaine per month, nerds. Get your poo poo together.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

super weird how americans want you to move out when you're 18

i feel like you guys were tricked in the 60s or something and it became part of your culture forever

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Fonzarelli posted:

super weird how americans want you to move out when you're 18

i feel like you guys were tricked in the 60s or something and it became part of your culture forever

Nailed it. It was a shame-based scam for rent-seeking republicans to get more money by telling Americans that each and every single one of them needs to have their own ridiculously priced mortgage or lease to have any self-esteem.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Same with weddings, every holiday, taking out loans for everything, insuring everything

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I'm a Willenial

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Solice Kirsk posted:

I date millennials. They're usually ok. I barely snuck into Gen X, or the Oregon Trail generation of you accept that as a real one.

Sex with millennials is ok but as far as dating goes I have to stick with early Gen X or baby boomers to find someone intelligent and well-read enough to have a real conversation between naked lay down time. It's really hard to have a serious conversation with someone that thinks video games are a legitimate hobby or even a legitimate goddamned job.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nah, living on your own is fun and cool. Just don't live outside your means. You can gently caress your girlfriend in the kitchen in the middle of the day and no one can day anything about it. Or watch TV naked while snorting coke off a NIN cd. It's just the way any young person should experience before the crippling reality of your mid 30's beats you to the ground.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Robot Pride posted:

Paying rent is for the birds. No rent payment is like a free zip of cocaine per month, nerds. Get your poo poo together.

drat it, I was told self-sufficiency was cool. maybe if I move back in with my parents and they die I'll get the house and win on all counts

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
the best part of living alone mid 30s is doing acid and regretting every decision that led up to this lonely pathetic existence

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
also posting on internet, natch

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i figure at least 1/3 of any given generation are gonna be total losers

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Parallax Scroll posted:

"No, but this generation these days is way worse and the world is going to hell."
- Every conservative assbag since the beginning of time.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Parallax Scroll posted:

that's true but they parents kick them out before

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Robot Pride posted:

"No, but this generation these days is way worse and the world is going to hell."
- Every conservative assbag since the beginning of time.

broken clock, since they were actually right when they said that about millennials

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Nah, living on your own is fun and cool. Just don't live outside your means. You can gently caress your girlfriend in the kitchen in the middle of the day and no one can day anything about it. Or watch TV naked while snorting coke off a NIN cd. It's just the way any young person should experience before the crippling reality of your mid 30's beats you to the ground.

yeah except put the NIN cd in the stereo and snort your coke off something else while you rock out to march of the pigs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Robot Pride posted:

- somethingawful goon who is Gen X

ftfy

• Locked thread