Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Panfilo posted:

My in laws were too brown and immigrant to be put in the baby boomer category. I don't know any Millennials in urban areas that are taking buses hours away to go pick tomatoes or grapes or clean suburban moms' toilets. And they came to the US right smack during the recession of the eighties so those magical factory jobs weren't easy to come by for them either.
with this anecdote, you have brought down the entire millennial conspiracy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sweet, this saves me time trying to find the good and 100% right posts in the thread. thanks!

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

blarzgh posted:

There is a Canyon-Sized gap between having to work more than 8 hours a day, and suicide/homelessness/starvation. The fact that you don't think so perfectly encapsulates the difference between your belief system and mine.

(And is more revealing of your life experience than you intended.)
the difference being that his belief system is right and yours is wrong 😀

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

blarzgh posted:

I'll see your glib false equivalence, and raise you: Yes, earning a penny less than $50,000/year for flipping burgers at McDonalds is the same as working in 19th century textile mills. Its basically slavery.
have you ever worked food service?

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Enforcer posted:

yeah and like 80% of you live within 100 miles of our border.Tell me again of the great Canadian conquests of commerce and amazing discoveries in science and technology?

You might be dicking around with the idea of giving everyone in your country free money, but you fuckers rode in OUR spaceshuttles!

"CANADA LANDS ON MARS!!" Says no newspaper in the any future timeline ever!

Canadians I swear, you know what either just shut the gently caress up on the world stage or....no, you know what? Just shut the gently caress up! Anytime I see some loving Canadian hop in like "US TOO!" I immediately want to smack my monitor.

Jesus. loving. christ. you jackasses are basically just us except with no balls ever, we'd invade you but at this point invading Canada would be like invading Idaho.
you sure are mad, friend

• Locked thread