Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

bongwizzard posted:

Do people not live with half a dozen roommates for most of their 20's or what? I remember being super excited at like age 25-26 when I got a full time gig paying $30k a year. Before that I think I hovered around 20-25k and somehow managed to pay $300-400 per month for a room in a group house.

Yeah, this was pretty much me in my early 20s. I lived with at least a couple roommates until I had enough saved up to comfortably live alone. I still rent in a dirt cheap country area for now because my girlfriend is still finishing school. My job and the company I work for makes my finding work elsewhere pretty flexible, whereas she will almost certainly need to be somewhere other than rural South Carolina to find work in her field. I've been saving aggressively toward retirement and if we eventually get a small house within our means, I could hopefully pay off the mortgage quickly (barring no layoffs/medical emergencies/any other factor that routinely fucks muddle class people for life).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Lots of bickering over who has more stick-to-it-ivness ITT while real wages have declined, worker productivity has increased, CEO and top executive pay have exponentially increased, higher education and medical expenses have skyrocketed.

But no let's all argue about how successful we are while collectively getting hosed by the ultra-wealthy and large business interests to whom we are dust motes

• Locked thread