Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Celluloid Sam posted:

um it's snuffleupagus that's a grouch stupid

oopsie :blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back
Thank you for the synopsis. I have to go see it this weekend with the ol ball and chain so I'm glad to have read this so that I can pre-emptively adjust my disappointment levels accordingly.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Johnny Walker posted:

Does Apocalypse look stupid?

does he look like a bitch?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Bryan Singer is a hack. Hopefully this keeps him away from more superhero movies. Hasn't made a good movie since Valkyrie.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I had no interest after the first trailer was mostly disjointed shallow action scenes and Apocalypse's very strange costume. Besides, Days of Future Past was already disappointing and a poorly paced mess after First Class was surprisingly good, so I expected very little from this bad movie.

First Class is literally the only good X-Men movie. The franchise is mediocre at best and barely watchable most of the time beyond that one gem.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It's always one step forward two steps back for XMen, I don't know why they can't get their poo poo together. I really liked Days of Future Past.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

wacky tacky kathy posted:

I OFTEN TIMES FIND MYSELF MASTURBATING AND LAUGHINGHYSTIERCALLY WHILE SHOUTING GET OUT OF MY HEAD CHARLES

:same:

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Egbert Souse posted:

Bryan Singer is a hack. Hopefully this keeps him away from more superhero movies. Hasn't made a good movie since Valkyrie.

certainly won't keep him away from molesting children

JazzPaws
Aug 10, 2014

- Ponzi Scheme Survivor -
Thanks OP, your review is probably why Deadpool want's nothing to do with them...

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Bryan singer raped a lot of kids

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Uncle Wemus posted:

Bryan singer raped a lot of kids

:agreed:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Does Apocalypse look stupid?

does a bear poo poo in the woods on a bald head while i masturbate furiously?

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Serious Frolicking posted:

does a bear poo poo in the woods on a bald head while i masturbate furiously?

Sounds like any given Friday night at Bryan Singer's house.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
this movie is loving fail aids do not see it. the acting is the worst part, especially sansa and magneto

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Naerasa posted:

Sounds like any given Friday night at Bryan Singer's house.

singer only likes twinks, not bears

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

There's so many pop culture references in Deadpool that in ten years I'd be surprised if it holds up. Not really complaining, just enjoy it while it lasts.

VRViperII
Mar 17, 2009
I was crying at the end when all the powers it was so awesome. Loved it.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Shinjobi posted:

Howdy folks, Shinjobi here yet again with funtastic superhero movie thoughts. Just got done previewing X-Men Apocalypse, and all of the reviews you've already read were absolutely right: this movie is lazy as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Apocalypse is a body hopping blue dude, the first mute aunt, and is capable of tampering with any power so long as he gets a chance with it. He was buried under rubble for a bajillion years, with the only way to wake up relying on the sun hitting a golden pyramid thing that...powers...his stuff? Like, he only uses it to body hop, and wake up. Not sure why the gold pyramid is so important, but it is. And despite his cult finding his rubble, and golden triangle, somehow none of them ever let a sunbeam hit the golden pyramid doohicky until American CIA lady stumbles upon them mid-prayer.

Okay, that's kinda hokey. Can't get worse, right? Actually yes. Magneto has been hiding away with new wife and daughter in Poland, having a great time working in a steel mill and being happy. One day he uses his powers to save a dude that was about to get crushed by metal. His favor is repaid by his coworkers narc-ing on him to the police, who promptly want to know why the gently caress world criminal Magneto is chilling out and being nice. Part of their investigation involves kidnapping his daughter, and holding her at bow & arrow point. That's not a joke. They come at Magneto armed with bows and arrows. Then his daughter flips out, and she's a mutant that can summon birds and poo poo, which freaks out the police and OOPS policeman accidentally let go of his fully drawn bow in fright, and WHAT ARE THE CHANCES Magneto's brand new wife and daughter are killed with the same accidental arrow. This is what drives Magneto back to murdering people and being angry all the time, and why he joins Apocalypse: because a dude somehow accidentally shot a bow & arrow in the perfect way to kill two people with one draw.

Charles Xavier challenges Apocalypse to a fight in the MINDREALM and punches the hell out of him for a few rounds and it's really cool for a while. Also Apocalypse wants to body hop to Charles because he can talk to everyone with his mind and Apocalypse is intensely interested in brainwashing the masses. The body hop is canceled halfway by Jean Grey, but the influx of Apocapower into Xavier, ever so briefly, causes Xavier to lose all of his hair. Apocalypse made Charles bald.

Wolverine has a cameo. He kills some dudes, then gets creepy with young Jean Grey after she recovers some of his memories. He escapes Stryker's base and runs off into the snowy wilderness clad in a pair of shorts.

Also that stupid speech you hear from Mystique in all the trailers/commercials is like...the last thing you hear the movie. Thankfully. Quicksilver is still cool.

Alright I'm done. Apocalypse was better than BvS, but after First Class and Days of Future Past this movie felt so goddamned dumb and badly written than I wanted to cry. Charles had a STRONG hair game going on up til this point, I will miss it dearly.

EDIT: here have this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSuvOVH0aSQ

is his daughter a magnet???

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

is his daughter a magnet???

his daughter can talk to animals and gets average birds to attack the police that are taking her daddy away

this savage bird attack where they fly around and don't touch a single policeman is scary enough to cause the accidental bow & arrow death.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Shinjobi posted:

OOPS policeman accidentally let go of his fully drawn bow in fright, and WHAT ARE THE CHANCES Magneto's brand new wife and daughter are killed with the same accidental arrow.

Apocalypse made Charles bald.

lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The movie is a crime for ruining the beauty of Oscar Isaac

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Yes it's a bad movie since characters like the 4 horsemen get zero development and it's the classic cliche supervillian tries to destroy the world plot.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

etalian posted:

Yes it's a bad movie since characters like the 4 horsemen get zero development and it's the classic cliche supervillian tries to destroy the world plot.

that's just the diversion, making charles bald was his plan all along

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

movie should be docked for not having a wolverine rear end scene like Days of Future Past.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Shinjobi posted:

this savage bird attack where they fly around and don't touch a single policeman is scary enough to cause the accidental bow & arrow death.

Sounds pretty realistic so far tbh

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Sounds pretty realistic so far tbh

Nah, Magento's kid is white.

Actually though, I think the birds were black, so hmm

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Celluloid Sam posted:

i will get high and watch loving anything and go man that was cool except dances with wolves which ive never been able to stay awake through

its avatar with worse vfx

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

blue jennifer lawrence boobs

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Robo Reagan posted:

its avatar with worse vfx

whenever I get to the part where he starts building his camp or whatever I just immediately fall asleep

HumanDecency
Oct 5, 2015
If you were disappointed by this movie then you have weird priorities.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6HXmYi6Jw8

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

movie should be docked for not having a wolverine rear end scene like Days of Future Past.

Less gay poo poo is always better.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

notZaar posted:

Less gay poo poo is always better.

get the gently caress out

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It was about what I expected.

And I didn't expect much besides quick silver and a few good fights. The Star Wars scene was nice.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
quicksliver died in ultron

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Robo Reagan posted:

Lol you actually like man rear end you homo.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Nah, Magento's kid is white.

no i'm pretty sure magneto is jewish

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

It was bad. sansa is the worst actor , you can see the dead in her eyes. Thanks for ruining jean bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

• Locked thread