Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
:siren: INITIATING OVERWATCH RECALL... :siren:

This is a role super, super crazy-heavy open-setup game for 21 Players. Everyone gets a role!
There is very little chance this game is balanced, so if you want to join in, I really recommend you don't take it too seriously.
It will be mostly flavor-less, except for the role names and their associated powers, so no novelization this time.

Remember: Regular SA Forum Mafia rules apply. Violations will be subject to immediate modkill. If you have any questions for me as a mod, please PM me rather than asking in thread as I will not respond publicly except to clarify unintentional ambiguities or explicit mod errors such as incorrect flips or incorrect resolution of Night Actions.

Rules:

Visits:
+ All Night Actions require a Visit unless otherwise stated.
+ Visits are Trackable and Watchable and trigger Defenses.

Defenses:
+ A Player with Defenses will be defended by them for 1 Night.
+ The Player the Defenses are defending chooses which alignments to defend against that Night; the Defenses will automatically fire at and attempt to Kill any Player with those alignments that Visits that Player that Night. i.e. a Player given Defenses can say to Defend them against everyone, just town, just third-party, just scum, some combination, or no one.
+ Players cannot give Defenses to the same Player multiple times in a row.
+ Players that can give Defenses can give them to themselves.
+ When you get Defenses, you set them with the ##setdefensesto <Team> command.

Shields and Doctors:
+ Shields and Doctors will protect the Player against the first Kill made on them; the effects stack though (e.g. two Doctors will protect against the first two Kills and so on).
+ Doctors cannot protect themselves (unless otherwise stated), nor can they target the same Player twice in a row.

Kills, Sure Kills, Death, and Resurrection:
+ A Kill is a regular attack made by a Player on another Player. If successful, the Targeted Player dies. Kills can be blocked by Shields and Doctors or special abilities.
+ Sure Kills result in a Player's Death regardless of shielding, Doctoring, etc. unless specifically stated otherwise.
+ Night Actions will be resolved simultaneously. e.g. if Reaper is trying to Kill Widowmaker, but Widowmaker is also trying to Kill Reaper, both Actions will occur, even if it resulting in one or both of their Deaths.
+ Lynching is considered a Kill and all the rules associated with it apply.
+ Player's roles will be revealed upon Death unless they are Janitored at the time of Death.
+ Revived Players will maintain their roles as they were at their time of Death. i.e. they will not regain spent powers, nor will they have had any time passed for recharging powers.

The Night cannot end early unless all Players submit a Night Action.
To forgo using your Night Action, PM me the ##forgo command.

Do not post after a Day Action have been used until it is resolved.
Do not fake-post Day Actions.

Voting:
Each Day, all Players vote to elect 1 Player by majority vote to be Killed, ending the Day. Players can vote to end the Day early by gaining a majority of votes for No One.
Each Night, the scum team elects 1 Target to Kill and 1 Player on their team to carry out the Kill (results in a Visit). Players carrying out this Kill cannot take another Night Action. Use the ##kill <Target> command. The person sending the PM will be the one to carry out the Action.

- Town wins when all Scum and Widowmaker are eliminated.
- Scum wins when 50% or more of the remaining living Players are Scum.
- Third-Party Players win when their win condition is fulfilled.

Days will be 36 Hours.
Nights will be 24 Hours.

:siren: Be sure to read every role! Many have a significant impact on the game, especially Widowmaker! :siren:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------- Town (Overwatch [and friends]) ----------

4) Mei: Jailer
Can Target 1 Player per Night, that Player is Role-Blocked, and no Player can Visit them; cannot Target the same Player twice in a row; cannot self-Target.
Ability command: ##freeze <Target>

5) Torbjörn: Gunsmith (kind of)
Each Night, can give 1 Player a Turret, which will act as Defenses, each Turret lasts only 1 Night; can self-Target; cannot Target the same Player twice in a row.
Ability command: ##turretto <Target>

8) McCree: Sheriff
Can use High Noon to shoot 1 Player during the Day once per Game, but then becomes publicly known.
Ability command: ##highnoon <Target>

9) Pharah: Deputy
Can sacrifice self to Sure Kill 1 Player during the Day.
Ability command: ##justice <Target>

11) Soldier: 76: Cop
Can detect the Alignment of 1 Player per Night.
Ability command: ##investigate <Target>

12) Tracer: Tracker :downs:
Once per Night, can Track whom a Player visits.
Ability command: ##track <Target>

13) Lúcio: Celebrity
Is publicly Town; immune to Widowmaker's special ability unless one of the last 4 Players alive. His music is too loud to hear Whispering; i.e. he is not allowed to receive PMs from other Players.
Ability command: ##dance (Does nothing :3)

14) Mercy: Doctor
In addition to normal Doctor powers, during the Day, can revive a Player, but then becomes publicly known. After using this ability, it must recharge for 1 Day before using again.
Ability command: ##protect <Target>
Ability command: ##resurrect <Target>

15) Symmetra: Watcher
Once per Night, places her mini-turrets for that Night on 1 Player to Watch anyone that visits that Player.
Ability command: ##watch <Target>

17) D.Va: Bulletproof++
Can survive 1 Death, even a Sure Kill, but will be publicly known afterwards.
Ability command: [Automatic]

18) Reinhardt: Bulletproof--
Can choose to use his personal shield once per Night to self-Shield; if this blocks a Kill, he will need 1 Night to recharge; if he chooses to use his shield, he will be unable to vote the next Day because he moves so slow; voting requirements for attaining a majority will not change though.
Ability command: ##shield

20) Winston: Doctor and Mayor
Once per game, can deploy a shield to protect 1 Target; all players including Winston that visit the Target also get shielded; can self-Target; does not protect against RIP-Tire.
As the leader of Overwatch, if revealed, he gains the power to Vote twice by using the ##vote <Target> command twice.

Once per game, can deploy a shield to protect 1 Target; all players including Winston that visit the Target also get shielded; can self-Target; does not protect against RIP-Tire.
As the leader of Overwatch, once revealed, he gains the power to Vote twice by using the ##vote <Target> command twice. Is automatically revealed on Day 2.
Because of his constant jumping around and clever positioning of banana peels, Widowmaker can only fire at him when there are 10 or fewer Players remaining.
Ability command: ##shield <Target>

21) Zarya: Doctor--
Has a personal shield and a targeted shield - only 1 of each per game. If the shield successfully blocks a Kill, she gains a Sure Kill on the first next Day, which is downgraded to a regular Kill on the next Day after that, and then disappears if not used after that. Winston’s shield supersedes her own and will protect the Target first; she will not gain a charge unless it is her shield that defends a Target.
Ability command: ##shield <Target>
Ability command: ##shield Self

---------- Scum (Not Overwatch) ----------

2) Hanzo: Role-Cop
Uses Sonic Arrow to detect Role of 1 Player per Night, does not Visit to do this.
Ability command: ##sonicarrow <Target>

3) Junkrat:
Once per game can use RIP-Tire to Sure Kill a Player and anyone they are Visited by that Night; does not require a Visit; fails if the Target has Defenses; additionally, all targets are Janitored, their Characters will not be revealed to any Player, not even Junkrat.
Ability command: ##riptire <Target>

7) Genji: Bomb (Kind of? No, not really)
Reflects Defenses; if a Player is attacked by Genji, and that player has Defenses, Genji's attack will count as a Sure Kill.

10) Reaper: Bulletproof Serial-Killer
Once per Game, can use Wraith Form to escape Death for an entire Day and Night (or Night and Day) cycle, but becomes publicly known; cannot take Actions while in Wraith Form.
As the scum leader, he can also personally carry out a Kill in addition to his team's; this can be against the same Target.
Ability command: ##reap <Target>

19) Roadhog: Roleblocker
Targets a Player at Night; that Player is Role-Blocked; the Target will appear to have Visited Roadhog.
Ability command: ##hook <Target>

---------- Third-Party (Even less Overwatch) ----------

1) Bastion: Survivor - Wins if alive at the end of the game
Has permanent Defenses on itself, but must reload for 1 Night after firing.
Ability command: ##setdefensesto <Team>

6) Widowmaker: Serial Killer++ - Wins if last Player alive
Each Night, can try to guess the exact Character of an unlimited amount of Players, one after the other; on each successful guess, that player is Sure Killed via her sniper; sniping does not require a Visit. If a guess is wrong, the list terminates there, and she must spend 2 Nights reloading and repositioning. Cannot target Lúcio unless he is one of the last 4 Players.
Additionally, she can automatically survive 1 Kill using her grappling hook, but becomes publicly known.
Ability command: ##snipe <Comma-Separated Ordered Target List>

16) Zenyatta: Princess Survivor - Wins if alive at the end of the game
If Killed by Lynching or Widowmaker, Overwatch will be held responsible for inciting more robotic rebellion or for not preventing Zenyatta's assassination, and the Day phase will be skipped once.
Ability command: [None]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

- Becoming publicly known is very bad since Widowmaker will be able to Sure Kill you as soon as Night happens. Widowmaker serves to prevent massclaiming. So, in a break from my usual recommendation, this time I actually highly discourage playing in-character.

- Some roles are especially more powerful than others; this is to to give priority to scum Kills and to the Doctors.

- Because of Mercy’s ability, dead players will not be allowed to join the Observer Doc until she dies.

And the last and most important rule: Have fun!

Mod:
0) Shadow0

Sign-ups:
1) tpink
2) Azuth0667
3) Infinitum
4) Anomalous Amalgam
5) CapitalistPig
6) ImPureAwesome
7) Concerned Citizen
8) Max
9) Absurd Revolver
10) Li Dawny
11) SirSamVimes
12) AnonymousNarcotics
13) imgay
14) Kashuno
15) Moatillata
16) Byers2142
17) Tremendous Taste
18) dongsbot 9000
19) gannyGrabber
20) Mayor Glowku
21) Apocron

:siren: If you'd like to be part of the spectator doc, please click here to request access! :siren:

Game Ending:

Town-Aligned Players:

Scum-Aligned Players:

Self-Aligned Bastion:

Self-Aligned Widowmaker:

Self-Aligned Zenyatta:

:siren: Play of the Game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYzjUf5HlrE

Observer Doc

Scum Doc

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
i will sign up for this

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Give me Junkrat or give me death (in)

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Yesssss I missed the first OW game, I'm so in.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Do I need to play overwatch to be in this? If not, sounds challenging but rewarding.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Bless this mess.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Max posted:

Give me Junkrat or give me death (in)

Junkrat is mine.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Li Dawny posted:

Do I need to play overwatch to be in this? If not, sounds challenging but rewarding.

Li Dawny, I don't know Overwatch but I'm not letting that stop me.
:justpost:

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I like role madness

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
I'm not a huge MOBA or FPS fan, but even I think Overwatch is really good. If you get a chance to play it, you should.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Revolver posted:

Yesssss I missed the first OW game, I'm so in.

Someone else also did an Overwatch game? :0
Or do you mean the real one? Haha

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In, I'm pretty versed in the lore with over 50 hours already put into Overwatch

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shadow0 posted:

Someone else also did an Overwatch game? :0
Or do you mean the real one? Haha

Jakep had an Overwatch game like 2 months ago. His Torbjörn was exactly like yours except it had a 1 night recharge.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
OK

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This game is filling fast!
I don't know if you will all be here over the (American) holiday weekend?
If we fill, do you want to wait until Tuesday to start?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

This game is filling fast!
I don't know if you will all be here over the (American) holiday weekend?
If we fill, do you want to wait until Tuesday to start?

Start immediately

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
hello friends

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ImPureAwesome posted:

hello friends

hello friend

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Shadow0 posted:

hello friend

sorry! sorry. sorry.....sorry

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

Jakep had an Overwatch game like 2 months ago. His Torbjörn was exactly like yours except it had a 1 night recharge.

Oh really? That's surprising. And here I thought I had come up with something novel...
But yeah, I was really playing with recharges a lot. It was a lot to balance.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shadow0 posted:

Oh really? That's surprising. And here I thought I had come up with something novel...
But yeah, I was really playing with recharges a lot. It was a lot to balance.

Thread if you were curious
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3768916

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ImPureAwesome posted:

sorry! sorry. sorry.....sorry

Helden sterben nicht!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone want to play some overwatch btw? I'm unluck#1573

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

I'm a poor and can't afford to play anymore. :(

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I have never played overwatch but I want to play this game.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

imgay posted:

I'm ipa#1683

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
You can add Shadow0144#1539
Though I won't be able to play for at least a year.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Just finished reading all the roles and :holymoley:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Can't wait

My blizzard id is Garadan#1576

I am actually going to a Lan Party this weekend where we will all be playing overwatch together like non stop until sunday with appropriate breaks for sleeping and other bodily functions.

So I may not be around much because I am a nerd and a bad person.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think there might be some confusion on the role labels - the things next to their names are not their roles, just the closest things to them to give you an idea of their role.
The description below is 100% what they do.
e.g., Genki is not a Bomb, his abilities are fully described beneath him. I should probably remove his though...
If it's confusing, I can just remove the labels.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Snipings a good job mate

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Cannot wait :mrgw:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Infinitum posted:

Snipings a good job mate

One death can change everrrrrrything...

Azuth0667 posted:

Cannot wait :mrgw:

Surprisingly, this game is already almost full.
It's amazing how fast everyone pounced on this. :0

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
widowmaker is gonna win

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Concerned Citizen posted:

widowmaker is gonna win

Everyone massclaim Day 1, D.Va survives the first Night, does a neat backflip the next Day, but Widowmaker wins anyway.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shadow0 posted:

Everyone massclaim Day 1, D.Va survives the first Night, does a neat backflip the next Day, but Widowmaker wins anyway.

Heroes never die

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Rule update: I realized the Nights can't end earlier unless everyone PMs me their Night actions, but some people might want to skip using theirs or have nothing to do, so if that's the case, PM me the ##forgo command. I updated the OP as well.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Sure, I'll come out of the wings to play!

I'm just going to assume I'm Lúcio and not read my role PM when it comes in, cool?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hit it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
lol at first iwas like "wow this game looks reall yhard lotta fiddly things to calculate" but then i remembered i could just dongsbot 9000 my way through the game and never try until lylo :whatup:

• Locked thread