Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Anime Summer 2016: maybe the girls will kiss this time.

Anyway, that diving one looks kinda neat, hadn't given it a thought before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

a kitten posted:

Anime Summer 2016: maybe the boys will kiss this time.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

So it's gonna be about the dumb teenage romance of the greenhaired girl and the long blackhaired girl

It hasn't been yet, sadly. It is about the romance of the sea.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
They say the sea is a woman...

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
If the Orange anime adapts the manga faithfully I think it's something to put at too hype levels. At least if the ending doesn't poo poo the bed I guess. I'm buying the second half of the manga tomorrow when it comes out so I'll know then. The first half has been incredibly good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Funimation has acquired the rights to the first feature-length animated film produced in Japan, Momotaro, Sacred Sailors.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

its an interesting novelty, but not very good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, I'm sure it's more for historical and educational reasons than reasons of quality.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Funi getting that hot new poo poo

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

DisDisDis posted:

They say the sea is a woman...

It's full of seamen...

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I feel like there's some japanese folklore or something I don't know about. Why would grabbing a ribbon impregnate someone and cause them to give birth ten minutes later?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

khy posted:

I feel like there's some japanese folklore or something I don't know about. Why would grabbing a ribbon impregnate someone and cause them to give birth ten minutes later?

it's not any japanese folklore i've heard of so i'm going to assume it's just a Bad Order

khy
Aug 15, 2005

The Colonel posted:

it's not any japanese folklore i've heard of so i'm going to assume it's just a Bad Order

The show is just all over the place. Lesbian tit fondling scenes, nuclear missiles being punched into oblivion, blatant ripoffs of code geass, etc etc etc. I honestly don't know why I bothered for as many episodes as I did.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sounds like I need to give that show another go

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Holy this is going to be a busy season.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

khy posted:

The show is just all over the place. Lesbian tit fondling scenes, nuclear missiles being punched into oblivion, blatant ripoffs of code geass, etc etc etc. I honestly don't know why I bothered for as many episodes as I did.

That sounds loving badass

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

khy posted:

I'll take up the torch

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I saw some pictures of a dark skinned girl who eats rocks and has shark teeth and a giant hammer and she is apparently a Big Order character.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
hosed up that this show is sounding awesome now even though it apparently sucks rear end

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The Colonel posted:

hosed up that this show is sounding awesome now even though it apparently sucks rear end

It's easy to make a lot of bad shows sound awesome when they're put that way

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

After stuff like Guilty Crown I am always super wary of Geass comparisons!!!

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I'm not 100% convinced it's a BAD show.... but by the same token I am not sure it's a GOOD one. It has its enjoyable moments but there's a lot of just WTF stuff that... yeah.

One particular bit of creepiness that would (and should) drive people away is a HEAVILY implied semi-incestuous encounter. I say semi-incestuous because if they're step-siblings it's OK, right? Right?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that rationale only works for real life. in anime, it is added deliberately because otaku loving love incest.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Big Odor

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

1. big order loving sucks and im gonna call it straight up incestuous

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Davincie posted:

1. big order loving sucks and im gonna call it straight up incestuous

post the euro one

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What happened to make 'celebrity sex tape' jump 39 places?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Erg posted:

post the euro one

Not quite the same, but still funny/horrible:

The Donbass conflict got weird.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

What happened to make 'celebrity sex tape' jump 39 places?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Erg posted:

post the euro one

its all just county name and then teen or milf and local slang for immigrants

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And people say we don't want them here :rolleyes:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

And people say we don't want them here :rolleyes:

cum =/= come

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

khy posted:

Why is it always possible to make apparently terrible things sound so great? I'm gonna watch this now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Why is it always possible to make apparently terrible things sound so great? I'm gonna watch this now.

thankfully the show itself will probably convince you otherwise

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

ChubbyThePhat posted:

There have to be better things to watch. Have you watched all the idol shows?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

There have to be better things to watch. Have you watched all the idol shows?

Twice.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Is Big Order the show where the lead sees a mech's seat restraints choking a woman, but hesitates to help because he might touch her breasts?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Even Kirarin Revolution?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Motto posted:

Is Big Order the show where the lead sees a mech's seat restraints choking a woman, but hesitates to help because he might touch her breasts?

That's Heavy Object. Very different flavour of terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Even Kirarin Revolution?

you made me look

holy poo poo

• Locked thread