Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Corey is obsessed with Jozea flirting with him. He says he's going to say "I gayly vote to evict Jozea". Sadly he's warned not to do it.

For the second day in a row Michelle randomly starts talking about reddit. James doesn't know what that is and asked if its like Jokers. That leads Michelle to stress about her Joker's rating.
Tiffany: I watched that every day because of Vanessa.
James: How was I?
Tiffany: You were always at the top.
Michelle: How was Vanessa?
Tiffany: Ha... she started good.

Paul calls Victor and Jozea aside to announce that James HAS to be the target next week because he's been giving him dirty eyes so "its on!" He thinks Frank has Roadkill because he's not worried about going up but the others think Frank is fine. They're happy Paulie will go home this week because he's strong and manipulative. Paul feels good with Nicole and that she doesn't have to be a big target, Victor agrees and they think they can play her. Victor thinks she likes him and Paul thinks she looks at him a certain way. Paul says James is "the brain behind the operations."

This brain trust is interrupted by a mob of people including James who says "There's a meeting up in this bitch!"

They proceed to have an impromptu meeting with Day, James, Bronte, Natalie, Jazea, Paul, and Victor. Its a lot of nonsense and Jozea liking the sound of his voice.

Jozea: Right now we run the house. Point, blank, period!

Jozea: At this stage, its majority rules!
James: I know my vote. Team Unicorn!

Bronte just pleads to everyone not to get paranoid and give in to Paulie trying to scramble.

At one point Jozea counted down from 18 and skipped 12.

Jozea: We own the loving house! Why should we be afraid to announce it?! gently caress with it, get out! Point, blank, period!

Michelle and Tiffany come in and it breaks up.

Michelle: Hmm... why is everyone leaving? Were you talking about me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Jozea: I only have one agenda. When I have that one person out I'm a FREE DANDELION!

Jozea: If everybody stuck together in this world we'd have no armies. I feel like I'm giving a speech like Obama.

He's still wearing a dog costume.

LostRook fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 25, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This meeting is one for the ages. I have no idea how half the house isn't just rolling on the floor laughing.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Jozea is dumb. Not like "I don't know how to play Big Brother" dumb. Although he's that too.

He's like "I'm dumber than a box of rocks" dumb.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm just ready to give James America's Favorite again.

James: I'm team unicorn. DododoDO!

Bronte, Natalie, and Bridget all ran from that crazy. They recognize the sinking ship. Bridget's in HOH complaining about them trying to get her to vote out a teammate.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Preaching like Obama was a think said in that meeting.

I'm sad his crazy as S is going home now

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Zakiya: I'm just tired of being told what to do.
Bridget: Me too.
Zakiya: What are you being told to do?
Bridget: Whatever they think this hour.

Bronte: Its like Hitler status!

Now Bronte and Nat are telling James they're mad that Bridget went to HOH and told Nicole about the meeting. Bronte is fine with Bridget going home. Because, you know, that's an option in play.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I think Tiffany was about to tell Paulie her secret and then Frank and Paul came in the room and interrupted that poo poo

EDIT:

Natalie and Jozea are Bernie bros and are bitching about Hillary. They clearly have no loving idea how the primaries work either.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 25, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paulie's freaking out. Its to be expected with him being on the block but Tiffany and Zakiya have to reassure him that he's 100% safe and everyone was just playing along with that meeting.

Tiffany: The more he does this, the more I want to set him up to be blindsided.

Zakiya reveals that Jozea sent Bridgette to HOH during the meeting to keep watch.

When Paulie walks away.
Tiffany: You're the best. You're the greatest! *rolls eyes*

Bridgette is freaking out because she has no idea what's happening. Jozea accuses of her of ratting out the meeting to Nicole (pretty much everyone but Bridget did). She told the HOH earlier that she felt she was getting bullied by Nat and Bronte into voting out Paulie (her teammate). Paul reassures Bridgette that everything is ok and Jozea is just emotional. Paul is desperately trying to hold his alliance together.

Frankie ends up getting defensive of Bridgette and gives Paul a talking to about keeping his cool and not going after his friends and allies.

Tiffany was starting to tell Paulie her secret but they got interrupted. Paulie's kind of the worst but Tiffany is clearly playing him and trying to buy some trust.

We have our first Election 2016 info.
Jazea thinks "it would be cool to have a woman president."
Michelle thinks "But a liar?" and says she voted for Bernie. Also she thinks Twitter was biased against Bernie.
Natalie just wants "everyone to be nice to each other."

Then Michelle reveals that she really wanted Jesse Ventura. And she's 100% sincere. She wants a president who will leak all the "alien stuff". Jazea agrees that its "all true" and wants to be cryogenically frozen. Now they're just speculating about how weird it would be to wake up in the future.

There's a real brain trust in this house.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

STAC Goat posted:

Then Michelle reveals that she really wanted Jesse Ventura. And she's 100% sincere. She wants a president who will leak all the "alien stuff". Jazea agrees that its "all true" and wants to be cryogenically frozen. Now they're just speculating about how weird it would be to wake up in the future.

There's a real brain trust in this house.

I jumped out of that feed at the wrong time :(

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paul is now promising Paulie his vote and saying he doesn't want to be grouped in with Jazea's "erratic craziness."

Another successful House Meeting.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 25, 2016

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
[sigh] After you pay for your CBS all access subscription, do you need to click a button to activate the free trial, and when that's done, the actual subscription starts?

My mother signed up, paid, and then immediately forgot the log in information. We're trying to figure out which email address she used. I found correct log in credentials for one of her email addresses, but when I click on all access it's offering me a button to click for the free trial and not going to the feeds.

Edit: I got it sorted out. Turns out she has 3 CBS accounts. :v:

violetdragon fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jun 25, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

When I signed up all I remember doing was logging in. But I already had all the signed up stuff from last year so all I had to do was flip the switch on my subscription renewal so I'm not sure how the initial trial offer stuff goes.

Bridget: There are ants in that bed.
Corey: They're not biting.
Victor: I think we just have to accept living with them.

Day 7? 8? That didn't take long.

Vanessa questions James about the BB17 cast. James says him and Clay aren't friends, they "just don't like each other." Says he talks to Shelli. Natalie interrupts and gets James to jump on the bed with him. Natalie's going to be taken out sooner rather than later by James' allies once they start worrying about this.

Natalie bitches to Victor, Jozea, and Paul about Bridgette and the alleged ratting to Nicole. They want another alliance meeting. Victor wants to wait until the backyard opens up. Jozea says they need to do it tonight. Victor doesn't want to stay up but its important. They name their alliance "The Revolution" (because "Death Row" was rejected by Production).

Day recounts the meeting to Zakiyah noting that Jozea was calling himself Obama while dressed like Scooby Doo (costumes from the POV). The two ladies reconfirm their deep bond to each other and then shout out to Obama and Michelle. Its a weird night on the feeds. They spot Tiffany and Paulie playing chess and Day starts throwing shade on Tiffany again. She's worried Tiffany and Paulie have a F2. Zakiya is "leery" of Tiffany and implies she'll have to go at some point.

Zakiyah: You know how they say "you know too much, you have to die"? She has to die.

Tiffany tells Paulie about Vanessa. Paulie is "excited". Its unremarkable. Paulie didn't watch last season and doesn't really know Vanessa. But his dad is a big fan. They basically just chat about mutual acquaintances and the order of Tiffany's outings. Then they do some Jedi Training. Tiffany recounts some minor issue she had with Nicole and Corey over not being initially included in the "who gets HOH" talk. i THINK Tiffany warns Paulie not to trust Corey, but I'm not sure. Victor and Natalie are screaming in the kitchen the entire time so its impossible to make most of this out.

Paul again does damage control with Bridgette. Bridgette's pretty upset that everyone attacked her for being in HOH. Paul blames Tiffany and says she said "Bridgette told us you were having a meeting" and has been saying "all kinds of poo poo." I'm reasonably certain this is a lie, but even if its not its clearly scapegoating for all of Bridgette's allies jumping down her throat. Tiffany's taking a beating tonight.

They have booze.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Corey, Paul, Victor, and Tiffany shotgun beers. Its a classy joint.

They then proceed to play Spin the Bottle with no kissing. Which seems rather pointless but I guess when you're locked in the BB House for a week...

Michelle, being a total weirdo, offers to lick someone's foot. Because that's better than kissing someone?

The whole thing turns into some kind of weird Truth or Dare variation that leads to James licking Paulie's nipples. Then Jozea starts getting all sexually harrassey and pressures Natalie to spit in his mouth or put Paul's beard in her mouth or other creepy poo poo. Natalie thankfully refuses and leaves the game.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jun 25, 2016

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

STAC Goat posted:

Vanessa questions James about the BB17 cast. James says him and Clay aren't friends, they "just don't like each other." Says he talks to Shelli. Natalie interrupts and gets James to jump on the bed with him. Natalie's going to be taken out sooner rather than later by James' allies once they start worrying about this.

Do you mean Tiffany? You use her name in the rest of the post so I'm not sure if you meant her or someone else.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ha. Yeah, I meant Tiffany.

What can I say? I'm not entirely convinced Vanessa isn't a genius who found a way back in the house. I get confused sometimes.

Actually, at that point of the feeds she was sitting there with big sunglasses and a big hat talking to James and I honestly wouldn't have been able to tell you if it was BB17 or BB18 if you had asked me.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jun 25, 2016

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

How many beers did the house get?
Like 8?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

So they played a long game of PG-13 Truth or Dare where Jozea pressured people to do things they clearly weren't comfortable with. It peaked with Bronte being pressured by Paulie to kiss Paul only to exclaim "Need I remind you your rear end is on the block?!" which drove the house into silence for a few moments. Or as Nicole would put it:

In the end Natalie confided to James and Frank that she feels bullied by Jozea and the guys, felt bad that she hurt Victor's feelings for refusing to kiss him, and apologized to Corey for asking him if he'd ever slept with two girls in one day. That's how you know you threw a good party. Immediate shame, guilt, and a feeling of victimization.

Apparently Victor and Jozea were stealing extra booze. Jozea apparently drank a bunch of Nicole's HOH wine. He's really wasted.

By the 5th pep talk today it became pretty clear that Frank has made his BB18 game strategy to be a dad/coach to all the newbies and offer advice and counseling to anyone in need. For the most part it seems to be working as Paul, Bridget, Corey, and Natalie all seemed receptive. Michelle was a little skeptical when Frank initiated a conversation with "I'm proud of you and the way you've played your game" but I think he pulled it through in the end.

Frank also told a number of people that he thinks he could flip Bronte and Natalie easily but they don't need the numbers. But Frank clearly wants to try to prove he can. Which he can because they're clearly already leaning towards abandoning that sinking ship.

Drunk Nicole let it slip to Day that she likes Corey. I dread this showmance. Its Clay/Shelli 2.0. Or like Clay/Shelli Beta, in junior high. Its terrible. Nicole is crazy embarrassed by it. Day has a ball with it and declares to the camera that Nicole is her "friend for life, especially drunk Nicole."

Day: I like drunk Tiffany too. She got drunk and went to bed. She wasn't having it.

The Brain Trust meets again. Paul says Tiffany is now the top target because she "told everything" or something. Paulie joins and Jozea starts going off again about "them" and "they" and "WE RUN THIS HOUSE". Paulie's basically "Yo, I'm on the block. You want me to go home?" and "why wasn't I at this meeting if I'm on the team?" Jozea rants some more about "it ain't on us, its on them" "majority rules" "incoherent screaming" "WE RUN THIS HOUSE." Jozea rants about a "snitch" and Paulie asks him to keep it cool if its one of his teammates (Paulie things its Bridget and isn't aware that the chaos target has shifted to Tiffany) so Jozea starts screaming about "freedom of speech" and poo poo. Now Jozea trying to spin that he's plotting the vote against Paulie by saying if a girl goes up on the block he can't get the house to vote her out because "girls connect with girls" or some poo poo.

Jozea: If its a girl I have no control of that.
Paulie: But you say you control the house.
Jozea: Not if its a woman.

Paulie is mad because he's heard that Jozea is putting out scenarios where Paulie goes home.

Jozea: Scenarios are scenarios.

Jozea just loses it and rambles a lot. At some point he randomly talked about how he trusts Day because they're "people of color." Then he says it WAS Bridgette who ratted out the meeting. I think he lost track from earlier in the conversation. Eventually it just peters out as I think Paulie realizes there's no point in arguing with crazy. And Drunk Zakiyah breaks it up to rub on Paulie in like a silk night gown. Zakiyah brought a full wardrobe to the BB House.

According to Day Jozea doesn't bathe. She also thinks Zakiyah is into Paulie and is lying when she says its just game.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jozea, Paul, and Paulie had a looooooong talk last night that went on for so long and was so mind numbing I just feel asleep. Which was good because it let me function this morning. But I'll try and sum up the gist of it for you guys.

Paul: Lets fix this, guys.
Jozea: We run this house!
Paul: We should just calm down and do no more house meetings.
Paulie: Why did you guys have a meeting without me?
Jozea: You weren't there.
Paulie: I know I wasn't. Why didn't you get me? Why was James there and I wasn't?
Jozea: James just showed up. What am I gonna do, stop talking? Why were you with the vets upstairs?
Paulie: Everyone goes up stairs. They stop talking when I go in.
Jozea: Oh.
Paulie: And why was Day there?
Jozea: Day is part of our alliance.
Paulie: What? When did that happen? Who let her in?
Jozea: I did.
Paulie: I thought this was newbies vs vets?
Jozea: Yeah, but Day's different. We come from the same place and I trust her. I have faith in her.
Paulie: So how come you're trying to get me out?
Jozea: Wha? I don't know what you're talking about.
Paulie: People are telling me you're trying to get me out.
Paul: Are you sure whoever told you that isn't trying to mess with you?
Paulie: You told me, bro.
Paul: Oh. Maybe I didn't mean it that way?
Jozea: Yo, I'm just throwing out scenarios. This and that and this.
Paulie: And in some of those scenarios am I going home?
Jozea: Scenarios are scenarios.
Paulie: Why does there have to be a scenario where I go home? Don't you run this house?
Jozea: I do, but if a girl goes up I have no control.
Paulie: What? Why?
Jozea: Because girls have connections and I can't stop that.
Paulie: But its going to be a girl.
Jozea: And I can't control that.
Paulie: So you're saying you have no control and I'm going home?
Paul: We don't know that. Frank could go up.
Paulie: Come on, think about it. If Frank was going up he would have gone up first. Frank isn't happening.
Jozea: If it did there might be trouble.
Paulie: What? Why? If Frank is up there its easy, right? He goes home.
Jozea: No, he's in the group.
Paulie: Wait, Frank and Day are both in our alliance?
Jozea: Yeah. I made promises.
Paulie: I thought we were a newbie alliance against the vets? But half the vets are in this? Is James in?
Jozea: I dunno. Its just feelings and stuff. I just want to beat Nicole. That's all I care about.
Paulie: So we're not trying to get all the vets out?
Paul: We are.
Paulie: But not Frank or Day?
Jozea: Nah. I made promises.
Paulie: Well you made promises to me first. Shouldn't that matter more?
Jozea: Nah, I made promises and I'm just saying it might be sticky. I can't control what people will do.
Paulie: But you run this house!
Jozea: Yeah, but not if its Frank.
Paulie: So you're saying I'm going home?
Jozea: I dunno. Maybe.
Paul: Guys, guys, lets stay calm. Now, let me ask you a question. If it was just the two of you up who do you think would get which votes?

It was that for loving ever. At some point I stopped hating Jozea and started hating Paulie for continuing to try and reason with him. I have no idea how it ended because I passed out. I checked Jokers and SurvivorSucks and it seems like they all passed and gave up too. We may never know how the great Summit of Doofus, Dingus, and Douchey ended.

As for a current update the backyard is open so game talk should open up more today, but its before noon so the only person awake is Frank because he's the only grown up there. Which is a very weird thing to type but the more I watch the more I'm convinced of it.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 25, 2016

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Listening to frank for like an hour recapping stuff this morning was nice. Frank is easily the most chill person there.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Jozea wants to be a new favorite of Grodner so badly

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Frank talks to the feeds, because he says he "knows how much feeders hate watching people sleep all day."

- He's self conscious about the naked outfit because he's got "a dad bod" compared to the other guys, but he makes peace with it with "someone has to." I mention this because its basically Frank's game philosophy. He's very relaxed.
- would rather Victor go over Jozea because Jozea's "just an idiot" but Victor is a "loud idiot" who can rally people
- confirms that Paulie is NOT in the 8 Pack but says it was basically chance because he wasn't in the room at the time. Frank says he wants him in (but its worth noting no one else does).
- he wishes someone else is up so he can sneak off to the bathroom without the cameras following him.
- He thinks James has a crush on Nicole.
- He wants to pull Corey, Michelle, and Zak close.
- Day wanted a F2 but he says he can't bring Day/James to F2 because they're parents. He's open to a Nicole F2.
- He thinks Day is going crazy already. Says she had some crazy theory that if Tiffany lasts X weeks Vanessa reenters the game.
- Nicole's CD is Justin Beiber

Frank: They all called me old because I took a nap on the first day. Now they're all napping. I'm not napping because I'm old, I'm napping because I'm bored.

Frank: What else happened? The other side of the house... well, its not really a side. Its like five people. But they think they have everyone else which is funny.

Frank: They call themselves Death Row? That's why I wanted to call the 8 Pack The Firing Squad. If they're on Death Row lets send them on their way.

Paulie joins him, which is actually pretty disappointing.

Paulie: I was cross examining Jozea and Paul last night.
Frank: Yeah? How did that go?
Paulie: I honestly think they have no idea.

Frank: They absolutely think I'm voting you out. They're idiots.

- Frank wants a blindside so that anyone who is with Jozea is caught off guard and not thinking during HOH.
- A lot of "Mike (Boogie) did this, Mike did that."
- Expects it to be 7-3 but Jozea is losing votes every day.
- Says Zakiyah was complaining that Bridgette was playing her about being uncomfortable with Jozea/Co but Frank thinks its real.
- They think Jozea just watched Frankie clips online and nothing else.

Frank's rocking this whole "coach" vibe and basically going "I was taught by a BB Legend and I will now teach you" to the newbies, and they seem to be eating it up. He told Paulie that him and Boogie would come outside every morning and vent and get it out of their systems and that Cody would do the same thing with Derrick, and Frank could be Paulie's Derrick/Boogie. Paulie loved that poo poo. And I saw him comforting Bridget and being a dad to her and giving Michelle this pep talk that clearly just won her cynicism over.

I never saw Frank play on the feeds in BB14 but I'm really impressed by him here. I'd say he learned more from Dan than Boogie.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 25, 2016

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

STAC Goat posted:

I never saw Frank play on the feeds in BB14 but I'm really impressed by him here. I'd say he learned more from Dan than Boogie.

Dan definitely gave him a hard lesson in BB.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nicole apologizes to Corey for telling him he's cute and flirting while drunk. I like Nicole a lot but this whole thing proves there's diminishing returns on "adorable." But I may just hate Corey.

Its weird. I hate Paulie and Corey's douchey immaturity but I love Frank and James' immaturity.
Frank: Why's the porta potty gotta be locked? I have to go all the way inside to pee?
James: At least I know you're not peeing in the pool.
Frank: I only go #2 in the pool.

Everyone hangs out in the backyard for awhile but then Day, Zakiyah, and Nicole retreat to HOH to complain about the other side of the house. These three are getting too comfortable doing this and its going to be their undoing. They compare notes on the drama from last night. Its mostly just paranoia and complaining about the Powerpufs and Victor. This will happen a lot.

Horror.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Ants may actually take over this house. I can never remember it getting this bad this fast. I bet they have to call in a loving exterminator while they do an outside comp.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Ants may actually take over this house. I can never remember it getting this bad this fast. I bet they have to call in a loving exterminator while they do an outside comp.
They haven't even done a comp with honey or molasses to really ramp up the ant invasion (that we know of at least).
Either CBS is too cheap to tent that studio before move-in or this crew of hamsters are the biggest group of pigs yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm willing to give the HGs the benefit of the doubt that its a BB problem and not their fault. It happens every year. Clearly they built that studio on the largest ant hill in LA.

But like, the BB15 cast TRIED to stop it. They cleaned and cleared out the kitchen and asked for sprays.

STAC Goat posted:

Bridget: There are ants in that [HOH] bed.
Corey: They're not biting.
Victor: I think we just have to accept living with them.

This is the wrong attitude!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

:gonk:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tiffany asks Zakiyah what she thinks of Paulie. Tiffany says she just told him about Vanessa to cover her rear end. Zakiyah plays off that she's doing anything but chilling and Tiffany just tells her to "watch out."

Paul had a really long conversation with Nicole and Day about mortality and ethics and the meaning of life and a lot of deep stuff. It was sort of draining and one sided IMO but its notable because it shows why the house actually likes Paul while they hate Jozea and Victor. Paul's exhausting and obnoxious and a try hard but there's a sincerity to him that everyone seems to recognize and like. Its the same sort of deal with Caleb. Everyone in that house liked him in spite of his flaws because there was a decent kid under all the try hard. If Paul can let go of his alliance he could follow the same path.

Jozea and Victor discuss whether Bridgette is slipping away and might vote against him. They're not worried about the vote, mind you. They feel confident that they have everyone except Corey and Tiffany, so at worse its 3 against him. And somehow they think it will "5-4-3" at worse by some unclear math. So really they think it would be good of Bridgette slips because then she's exposed and on the wrong side. Paul joins and agrees that they're set. They think its silly Paulie is stressing when they have the votes, which is weird considering I think they're still planning to vote out Paulie. But they seem confused.

Paul recaps the Paulie/Jozea/Paul conversation as thus, which fits well with most talks these folks have.

Paul: That conversation was lit-er-ally, "j/k".

At some point of the conversation Jozea shouted out to "Rachel Ray" for coming back from the jury and winning every veto, getting revenge, and winning the game.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Next year, they should just make the house decor theme ants, problem solved. Put the sand back in the bathroom, let them make ant hills, now it's a feature instead of a bug... so to speak.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Jozea and Victor discuss whether Bridgette is slipping away and might vote against him. They're not worried about the vote, mind you. They feel confident that they have everyone except Corey and Tiffany, so at worse its 3 against him. And somehow they think it will "5-4-3" at worse by some unclear math.
Yeah, but Julie won't be revealing the vote tally this year so they won't have any gauge to how close or how lopsided the votes fell.

thexerox123 posted:

Next year, they should just make the house decor theme ants, problem solved. Put the sand back in the bathroom, let them make ant hills, now it's a feature instead of a bug... so to speak.
Maybe the sand they had in that one room but later removed before move-in introduced much of the colonies that are infested in that dump? That would be hilarious and goes back to Goat's point about BB kind of doing it to themselves.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 25, 2016

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
I was high on Nicole's chances at the start of the season but whenever I see her on the feeds she's complaining to Day and Zakiyah about some minute drama with Corey or Victor or someone. I think taking the first HOH is starting to look like a bad idea because she's the only one in her alliance who doesn't have bonds with the other side of the house.

It's gonna be interesting to see what happens when the big alliance implodes. They have very few actual targets after Jozea leaves, really just Victor and Paul, and I doubt everyone will play along with spending several weeks getting Natalie/Bridgette/Bronte out.

I know that the Jozea group are bad players but it's baffling to me that they can watch Day and Zakiyah spend like half the day in the HOH room with Nicole and not get suspicious. The Survivor thing of watching who sleeps next to who works in BB too.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Day hosed with Jozea for awhile and fed his delusions that he was in control and Nicole was panicked and screwed. I'm not really sure why. I think Day just gets bored and fucks with people. She did the same kind of thing to Paulie yesterday. Jozea rants about Paulie's poison and their alliance was fake and stuff. Day seems to have fun with it. She throws a ton of shade on Bridgette for some reason.

I'm a white dude so I'm gonna stay away from this, so make of it what you will.

Jozea: I got trust for you and Zay because we are a different breed of what's going on here. We have this. [points to his skin] I would be comfortable if one of my kind is here because I know we have color. I know people say "its not about that" but sometimes it is. Lets be honest it is. So I feel more comfortable with this [points to him and her] than this [points out to the rest].

He gave a condensed version of that to Paulie last night and Paulie did NOT do as I did and made the uncomfortable comment to Zak that "if I said I trusted the white people more people would freak." Paulie never learned to walk away.

rafington posted:

I was high on Nicole's chances at the start of the season but whenever I see her on the feeds she's complaining to Day and Zakiyah about some minute drama with Corey or Victor or someone. I think taking the first HOH is starting to look like a bad idea because she's the only one in her alliance who doesn't have bonds with the other side of the house.
She's falling into the common HOH trap. Spends too much time in that room and isolated, makes it worse by the long HOH. The whole thing isn't entirely her fault. Jozea and his crew are genuinely cold to her at best and passive aggressive dicks a lot of the time. But she's falling into it and isolating herself.

But I don't think it will kill her. She's not anyone's target except Jozea. Victor and Paul are open that they think she likes them and don't want to go after her. Plus if the blindside goes off on Thursday it will probably thrust people like Day, Frank, Michelle, and Zakiyah higher on target lists since they're playing the other side of the house while Nicole, James, Tiffany, and Corey are all pretty clearly on the other side.

So if Nicole comes out of HOH and shakes the HOHitis she could be fine. But I definitely worry that she, Day, and Zak are cliquing up. James and Frank are doing a much better job with the newbs.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jun 25, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

ELECTION 2016! Blame James because he brought it up.

Michelle things its rigged and pre-determined that Hillary will win. She hates her.
Corey is a Trumper. Pro wall because "people keep swimming across." "It might be bad but I don't want Hillary." "He likes people who come here to work." "Drug lords come over here." "They can tell if you're a normal person or not."

Jozea: This is not Berlin. There's no Berlin Wall. No Great Wall.
Frank: THE BERLIN WALL AND THE GREAT WALL HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT YOU PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT! THEY BUILT THE WALL TO KEEP THE MONGOLIANS OUT! READ A loving BOOK!

Jozea: Who's gonna pay for the wall?
Corey: Mexico.
Jozea: Oh, that's funny because the ex-president said no.
Corey: Than Mexico will go BLMPH.

Michelle feels her tax dollars are subsidizing drug dealers and stuff. Corey with a lot of the usual "they don't pay for anything/they get away with everything/etc"

Frank thinks Trump is unqualified. Corey agrees but says Hillary is a "liar and psychopath" so whelp. Jozea gets pro-Obama and Corey gets all "nooo..."

Corey: He hosed up our health care.
Frank: And he put his name all over it!
Jozea: He had to fix all the poo poo Bush hosed up.
Corey: What did Bush do bad?
Jozea: He got us into war.
Corey: There's always been war! Bush didn't invent war!
Michelle: Yeah! Vietnam!

Corey rambles something about Iraq being about "trade wars" but then "they started civilizing." It was incoherent even for this conversation.

Jozea: When Bush was in office they didn't catch Bin Laden.
Corey: Yes they did! Dude, you need to read more. You don't know what you're talking about.

Corey: They think if they do this they're going to go to heaven with some virgins.

Corey: Let me know when someone bombs your home and you don't do anything about it.

Corey: What do you think, James?
Michelle: James fought in that war.
Jozea: Yeah, what do you think?
James: I think... um... That's what I got to say about that.

Paul and Bronte are the smart ones and ran away.

This is everything I hoped for. Just pure unbridled stupidity on both sides. No "Liberal vs Conservative" slant here. Both sides are morons.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 26, 2016

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Back to the game.

Day and Zak air their conspiracy theories to James. They think Tiffany and Paulie are working together and that Tiffany lied when she said she only told Paulie about Vanessa yesterday. Zakiyah thinks Tiffany was playing her when she told her to watch out for Paulie even though she's said the same to others. Day asked Jozea and Paulie questions about their conversation last night and says the stories don't match up so she doubts Paulie. She also has theories about Bridgette that she's faking her move away from the Revolution. James responds to the whole "another Vanessa" thing but is mostly quiet.

Frank joins and Day starts making the same arguments but he shoots them all down. He points out that Paulie is just playing the game and lying to Jozea the same way they all are and he has to make sure he's safe since he's on the block. He confirms that Tiffany told Paulie about Vanessa yesterday because he walked in on it earlier in the day. He defends Bridgette as needing to play her game and cover he bases since she's caught in the middle. Day nods along with it all but I'd bet money it changed nothing.

Day and Zak express frustration about Jozea assuming they're with him based on race. James wonders why he's not included.

Tiffany comes in later and Frank and James leave. Things are tense between Tiffany and Day/Zak until Bronte shows up to make it general small talk. Bronte reveals that he original name was Brittany but her parents changed it to Alaska. Her grandma hated it so much she changed it to Bronte.

Natalie, Nicole, Michelle, and Paul talk about the great Natalie/Victor love affair. Nicole thinks Victor's been hurt so turned into a jerk. She thinks he's afraid Natalie would break his heart. Nicole and Natalie are bonding over their shared really awkward no-mances.

Paulie and Zakiyah discuss Bridget. Neither really trusts Bridgette but aren't sure what to make of her. Frank trusts her and they both trust Frank, but they can't make that next step. They think she's playing a much more devious game than she is. Neither like Bronte and Natalie and are sore that Bronte teases Paulie about going home. Paulie thinks they're "pampered, spoiled brats."

Tiffany talks to Vanessa through the feeds. Names her trust circles as Nicole, Michelle, and Corey. Then Zakiyah and Paulie. Then Frank and James. She's iffy about Day and clearly has caught on to Day's sketchiness towards her. She likes Bridgette and thinks she's being used by her alliance. She says she's being obvious about which side she's on but she doesn't think it matters at this stage. Calls Zakiyah "an emotional player" and she doesn't know how it will play out. Skippy cuts her off to show everyone eating dinner.

Robnoxious posted:

Yeah, but Julie won't be revealing the vote tally this year so they won't have any gauge to how close or how lopsided the votes fell.

I hadn't remembered that. That's actually huge because Day and Zakiyah were playing themselves into an uncomfortable position where they had to vote out a teammate despite swearing up and down he was good with them. They don't seem to be considering that at all. But it sounds like this will bail them out. It will help Michelle and Frank too but they could have justified their votes easily as not voting off teammates.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 26, 2016

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I hadn't remembered that. That's actually huge because Day and Zakiyah were playing themselves into an uncomfortable position where they had to vote out a teammate despite swearing up and down he was good with them. They don't seem to be considering that at all. But it sounds like this will bail them out. It will help Michelle and Frank too but they could have justified their votes easily as not voting off teammates.
No one in the house knows Julie will not be giving away eviction tallies.
It was announced after the cast was "abducted".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh yeah. Its still bad gameplay by Day and Zak since they don't know, but its going to end up bailing them out if they keep it as a blindside. They'll be able to deflect blame if they like.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
I'm unconvinced that the vote count not being revealed makes that much of a difference. I feel like lying about a vote is really risky: you have to claim someone else flipped and make an enemy out of them, and people are gonna figure it out quickly anyways since people like Frank have been hinting at not being on Jozea's side. Maybe Day and Zakiyah can say that Bronte and Natalie flipped but it's a really aggressive move. I can't think of anyone ever lying about a vote in BB and having it work out well for them, people always figure it out.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Isn't the "not revealing the vote tally" thing just a rumor? I thought that came from the fake twitter account BB Leaks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In general I agree.

But in this case Jozea, Victor, and Paul are SO deluded and clueless to the house dynamics that its entirely possible Day and Zakiyah could get away with lying about their votes. Jozea literally thinks he has EVERY VOTE except Corey and Tiffany. And he's already convinced himself it will be a three way vote for some reason. So it will be easy for he, Victor, and Paul to rationalize that there was a split vote and the problem was the Powerpufs or something.

Its hard to really explain unless you've heard those three strategize and count votes. But they're SUCH an incoherent mess that Day and Zak could theoretically keep spinning them in circles if they can't actually count the votes.

But its still a dumb thing to lie about your votes and unnecessarily blindside people. If there's a reason, do it, but doing it for fun or spite is as much of a bad move as it is good entertainment.

• Locked thread