Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i say we put on our roguish good looks and romance the bones out of her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I say we be creeply pleasant to the witch.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Nyaa posted:

I say we be creeply pleasant to the witch.

That other poster had the right idea with pleasantly creepy in my opinion

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

De-bone the witch. Wear her skin as a cloak.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Solice Kirsk posted:

De-bone the witch. Wear her skin as a cloak.

This 100%

Also ditch the six fingered hand. I wanna use that monkey paw.

December Octopodes
Dec 25, 2008

Christmas is coming
the squid is getting fat!
Ditch the six fingered hand, but seduce the witch. Now that we're not decrepit we should do alright.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The proper order of business is bone then de-bone.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
we're on a pretty good setup for this route, we can also use the monkey hand for the 2 pink 1 stink combo, hermans pretty hosed up/real cool.

i think it can be attributed to the fact he blew the insurance money on drugs and orgies, i cant remember whether it was his house he burnt down or the print shop he owned or it was like a home print studio, i just remember reading an interview that was on some fan site that went down in 2001

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I vote this, though we're moving to just creepy instead of creepily pleasant.

Also how much of the game is actually the author trying to predict and manipulate goon responses?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah the goal of the author of these gamebooks was to predict the emergence of a niche internet forum twenty years into the future, and pander to it

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

yeah the goal of the author of these gamebooks was to predict the emergence of a niche internet forum twenty years into the future, and pander to it

It was really avant garde.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Like Devo.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

This, and keep the monkey paw hand.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

now i don't want to get your hopes up about what you're trying to do here. skull's more of an rear end in a top hat than a creep.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The man is a heartless monster. I remember the scenario in The Bastard Elf where the 10 Foot Dungeoneering Pole falls into the well and drowns when you choose the option to throw a coin in to make a wish. Dude just loves making small seemingly pointless choices into monstrous abominations of misfortune.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

oh you sick fucks want to try it on with Aethelchill. I warned ye you:

Last para complete:

On to 352:

Luckily I remembered we were wearing armour this time and rolled a 6 on the armour saving throw from the tabard so this broom to the balls doesn't do us in.

We're still not winning at the game of love but at least we're not dead. Well, we are, but at least we can still shamble around.

Anyway, the world is our oyster. Where to?

No changes to the adventure scroll.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

To do:
Bone the witch
De-bone the witch.

Onwards!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Keep going the wrong way and avoid the tower just to piss her off. :colbert:

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

What about the cauldron? Let's go get it from the goblin king!

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.
That's one of the funniest bits in the whole book. Totally worth the risk of death.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

What about the cauldron? Let's go get it from the goblin king!
Yeah, I'm still yearning for an encounter with that magnificent codpiece.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

go to the tower

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Aint gonna be no update tonight because sunday is as slow af for these things, I'll pick up the responses over the evening and tomorrow and then we'll move right into the end game

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nyaa posted:

This!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Nyaa posted:

First we're friendzoned and then we're racially profiled? Like hell are we gonna do what these witches want. The only person that truly understood us was hardmod, let's go to Bilgeton and get shitfaced in his memory.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

We are an union member.

We expect to get pay for our work.

If someone wants us to do something like "go to the tower'", then they better pay us something because we don't work for free. It's against our intrinsic sense and it is against the law. :colbert:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Go bone ourselves, she says...

I'll show HER a BONE-

> To Bilgeton, to conquer a city wreathed in flames!!!

DEATH ONLY OCCURS TWICE :black101:

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Nyaa posted:

I'm not sure this will piss her off since she said she doesn't care about what happens to Aggie.
Let's go to Bilgeton.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

DEATH ONLY OCCURS TWICE :black101:

Are you suggesting that we amass an army of ninjas and assault someone's secret volcano lair?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

We're going to continue to Bilgeton where this salty adventure will conclude. One or two choices remain and then it's either page 400 or a worse page

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

FoolyCharged posted:

Are you suggesting that we amass an army of ninjas and assault someone's secret volcano lair?

The D.O.O.T. Union doesn't get all salty, it gets assault-y!

Isaiah B 69:12 For only in Life after Death would the restless find succor; and 'DOOT DOOT' came as their rallying cry.

>Find and recruit a Dwarven Bard

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

The D.O.O.T. Union doesn't get all salty, it gets assault-y!

Isaiah B 69:12 For only in Life after Death would the restless find succor; and 'DOOT DOOT' came as their rallying cry.

>Find and recruit a Dwarven Bard

Monteton was North at the start!

:ok: update time. We continue to Bilgeton, ignoring the witch.

Here's the latest past, now complete:

Turning to 312:

Here's our current adventure scroll:

Now one thing about this that might not be obvious unless you've paid too much attention to this book and Sword of the Bastard Elf - this is a squalid little medieval world that teeters on the edge of starvation most of the time and soldiers are expensive. Bilgeton is the region's biggest metropolis with a population of no more than 2,500 and it pretty much supports a couple of dozen soldiers, a few knights and a couple of petty nobles. A guy wandering around with fourteen dudes, especially dudes ready to fight, is a force to be reckoned with.

Anyway, now you know that what do we do here?
(bear in mind our next choice will bring us to, or very close to The End We Deserve)

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Figure out if the CBA preserves the solidarity and autonomy of homo calciensis, and if not ensure a revision that does; after that walk the earth.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Sounds like this will be our last chance to de-bone Sigbort!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Waltz up to the tent, introduce ourselves to the SKU leadership and underhandedly debone them once we put our arms around them in a comradely embrace.

Renegotiate terms with the humans for better conditions for the working skeleton. Then as we have an overwhelming numerical advantage free the rest of the skeletons from their meaty prisons.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Take Part in Democracy

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Debone the SKU Leadership and assert ourselves as the authoritarian leader Bonald Trump. Make the skeletons our slaves

Full bad ending, bitches

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jul 5, 2016

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

(bear in mind our next choice will bring us to, or very close to The End We Deserve)
We can't allow that. Dismiss our followers to get stuck in an endless loop.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Use the monkeys paw, wish to be in charge of the SKU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

the_steve posted:

Use the monkeys paw, wish to be in charge of the SKU

Oh poo poo changing my vote to this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail