Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Hogge Wild posted:

Often in these games you can't do everything, but this is a good order to start doing stuff.

since most of that stuff is just things lying around, it's possible to do most of it. I'll just have to dig up the cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Black Brony
Jul 11, 2008

Congratulations on Graduation Shnookums.
Love, Mom & Dad
Let's grab our new buddies and head to that fukken tower, and get our new true union on the road.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
Are we still able to bone the lady witch from earlier or has that boat sailed?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Blizzy_Cow posted:

still totally possible

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Blizzy_Cow posted:

To bad we can't de-bone her.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Solice Kirsk posted:

To bad we can't de-bone her.

Don't.

We'll end up wearing her like the creepiest latex suit ever.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

> Harvest Big Bill

> Check Hardmod for signs of un-life

> Recruit your old SWU buddies

> Recruit Rho'Barr and Adventurers willingly or upon pain of skeletonizing

> Attach EVERYTHING ELSE AVAILABLE to yourself (Harvest dead fighter in hall, loot Hardmod's home, etc)

> Form the Grand Re-Union Party (GRUP) and roll out! :hb::margeball::hb:

(e: we're coming for you Wizard/Warlock/Goblin King!)

This

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Outrail posted:

We'll end up wearing her like the creepiest latex suit ever.
But we need that for the princess ending.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

you're not getting the princess ending, we don't have even one original part!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Oh bummer. I suppose we will go for the Union Queen ending instead. :derptiel:

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Welp, here goes!

Last page completed:

So here's the loot we picked up:

Four of these dudes:

Moderately worthless but better than nothing and they're free.

From the thief:

From the priest:

From the mage:

From the fighter:

And finally, from Big Bill:

We've got enough energy to harvest all this stuff, but I wanted to confirm that y'all wanted to just attach the whole lot. It would mean being kicked out of the SWU, if that's a thing we still care about. If we're not bolting all this stuff on what do you want to keep and what do we get rid of?

I didn't scan the item cards - if you pick one I'll do that next time. They're all pretty good.
The sword gives you +1 ESPRIT in close combat and all attacks use -1 ESSENCE. The bow gives you +1ESPRIT and lets you act as a ranged troop type. The mace causes every hit you inflict to do +1 damage. The staff allows you to act as a mage in battles and adds 1 to any damage done with magic in battles. We'll still have to chuck the garbage we're carrying away to get one of these things.

We move on to 219, to hear what Hardmod has to say:

And with that ominous news, we're outside and at a crucial juncture! We can move on immediately or rest.

Where to?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
RIP Hardmod.

Losing a friend is hard even if we barely remember them; lets go to Bligeton and get pissed in his memory. EAST!

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Do nott attache everything to ye. We be a SWU man through and through.

Grab the Rocking thigh, and replace something with it and change out to the Rogue head, we have a decent army, so we should do more warring than raising from here on out.

Don't we have some demon-dudes waiting for us? Grab the full army and head South to Thin White Duke Lake.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Yeah, can you post our entire inventory and army, i think we're going to go downhill from here so lets bask in the spoils of our collective victory for a second.

Not sure what to get, but we should go east, and that means keeping our SKU membership for a while yet.

Mabye raze the entire town, raise them all and go full on evil dead on the tower.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

No to the Golem arm.
Keep the staff, we can hang back and cast spells while our minions tank
Head to Aggie

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bolt everything on, but don't replace anything either. It's time we start following in our....friend's(?) footsteps! Let us create a two-assed, four- legged, four-armed, twin-headed Bone-ified Asskicking Skeleton!

I guess then we can head to Bilgeton. Maybe there will be an opportunity to get hired as a Rockette line.

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jul 1, 2016

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Form new union that allows multiple everythings on a skele. Staple everything onto self at all opportunities. Become bone-king of flesh-is-for-losers mountain. Sidequest some more.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Stay in the union

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Bolt everything on, but don't replace anything either. It's time we start following in our....friend's(?) footsteps! Let us create a two-assed, four- legged, four-armed, twin-headed Bone-ified Asskicking Skeleton!

I guess then we can head to Bilgeton. Maybe there will be an opportunity to get hired as a Rockette line.

Blasphemaster posted:

Form new union that allows multiple everythings on a skele. Staple everything onto self at all opportunities. Become bone-king of flesh-is-for-losers mountain. Sidequest some more.

And takeover SWU.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Bolt everything on. It's time to take over the union!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Stay SKU

Give Gloem arm to loyal dog buddie as treat, he crawled to our aid :shittydog:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Union for Unlife!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

EzEight posted:

Stay SKU

Give Gloem arm to loyal dog buddie as treat, he crawled to our aid :shittydog:

This

I also vote to keep our current head, it's a good head

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Outrail posted:

Yeah, can you post our entire inventory and army, i think we're going to go downhill from here so lets bask in the spoils of our collective victory for a second.

Not sure what to get, but we should go east, and that means keeping our SKU membership for a while yet.

Mabye raze the entire town, raise them all and go full on evil dead on the tower.

Latest adventure scroll:

Our skele:

Our stuff:

Equipped:

Wearing:

Spells:

Our army:

*injured (-1 to stats)

*injured (-1 to stats)

Looks like most people want to head over to Bilgeton. This is the end game - there's no going back from whichever direction we go. Bilgeton's a good direction to wind up especially since we missed it earlier.

Equally split between keeping and ditching union membershipMost people want to stay in the union. Any parts we don't take I'll raise into our army instead. Whichever way we go the game will restore most of our ESSENCE so don't worry about that.

There's one vote for the staff. If we take that we can't raise the mage because the staff is part of his kit, he'll just raise as a generic skeleton worker instead. Those guys are about as good as Bobs.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I didn't realize we're still wielding the shears :eyepop:

That's actually kind of impressive

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Wouldn't our armor have let us roll to ignore the two injuries we took?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Who What Now posted:

Wouldn't our armor have let us roll to ignore the two injuries we took?

yes but i forgot didn't get any 5s or 6s

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
How come only the Sentry has a fist?

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Gridlocked posted:

How come only the Sentry has a fist?

because he's good (it's to give an early boost in battles otherwise you'd get thumped)

some of the adventurers here have a fist as well, it's not that common in this game

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I'd like to replace our legs.

Horse legs are lame.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Come on people! Let's blow this garbage union and strike out on our own! We've been playing nice all game, I say it's time we go for broke and snap this book (not literally, last I saw at a con these were going for a few hundred even with missing pages and poo poo) over our knees! This is GBS for fucks sake! Let's goddamned act like it!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Solice Kirsk posted:

Come on people! Let's blow this garbage union and strike out on our own! We've been playing nice all game, I say it's time we go for broke and snap this book (not literally, last I saw at a con these were going for a few hundred even with missing pages and poo poo) over our knees! This is GBS for fucks sake! Let's goddamned act like it!

:agreed:

this playthrough has been almost creepily pleasant

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Solice Kirsk posted:

No way man. We stay with the Union till we can murder Skeleton Lenin and become Skeleton Stalin.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Control the union control the world. There's a skeleton in everyone.:skeltal:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

:agreed:

this playthrough has been almost creepily pleasant

Are you saying we should get pleasantly creepy?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Who will stand for the rights of all resurrected workmen regardless of limb number or magical quality?
The UWW(undead workers of the world) will!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Who will stand for the rights of all resurrected workmen regardless of limb number or magical quality?
The UWW(undead workers of the world) will!

we just killed their executive, the One Bone Union is just their friendly name!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Welp.
How about
Benevolent
Organisation of
Nonliving
Employees
?

Everyone needs to get BONEd up!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

no don't, that leaves us open to the Bad End even if it does let us meet a cool dogdragon

cast debone on the union, unleashing the Nothing on the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Let's head on to the bad end Bilgeton!

First of all here's the end of the last page:

Now we've decided to keep the adventurer parts, replacing what we have so as to stay a member of the SWU. We have to decide whether we're throwing away the Monkey Paw or the Six-Fingered Hand to do this.

Since we're not using the golem arm we can raise Big Bill. Here's what we get:

He's a very good addition to the army. The only downside (and it's only sort of a downside) is his size - he will always be the first in line to take damage in the unit he's in. He also gets to add all his FIST dice together in the first round of combat which is useful.

Here's the staff which we picked up, it interacts well with the gimp leg:

We didn't use very much ESSENCE doing all that thanks to our skills and the shears, so 50 ESSENCE is a full recovery.

Anyway so moving on, we're going to Bilgeton. 360:

And of course something stops us. Another witch. What do we do?

and which hand do we chuck away for the priest hand? (monkey paw or six fingered)

Here's the current adventure scroll:

• Locked thread