Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hello everybody, some of you are probably proud recipeients of a GED. Some of you may work along side people that only have a GED.

But often there is a great debate among what the letters in GED actually stand for. Some folks try to make it sound fancy by calling it a "General Education Diploma" and some comedians have taken to calling it a "Good Enough Diploma"

Well my friends, I am here to tell you today, that neither one of those are correct.

GED is actually an acronym for "Get Er Done"

Hope that helps you folks out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninety
Mar 13, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Heeeere's your sign. XD

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Good Enough, Dipshit

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
CompTIA A+ Special Boy

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It stands for "I WOULD just drop out, but my dad/uncle (mom) says I need to graduate high school before I can work for him for the rest of my life", at least in the area I'm from. I guess it's occasionally used for girls who get pregnant and disappear for a while and miss school.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
phd actually means "prison highschool diploma"

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I don't have one op

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Gay, Enjoys Dick

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
Ghe Erincess Dride

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
is it be bad to claim you have a ged when you dont? is it like stolen valor

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

i think LtCG has a classic style that the ladies love and the guys admire. i'm glad you brought some light to this matter of GED op

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
BS means "Breaks Stuff". BA means "Really good at Bowling" hth

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Test: hth

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Nice

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
H.T.H is the one

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

Flesh Forge posted:

Gay, Enjoys Dick

Professor Shark posted:

It stands for "I WOULD I guess it's occasionally used for girls who get pregnant and disappear for a while and miss school.

Theory busted.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I got my GED when I was 17 because my mom didn't track my homeschooling correctly for years

I scored in the top 99% of dumb people who had to take the GED

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Great at Evading Development

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
grandmas elderly dick

ninety
Mar 13, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

(and can't post for 4 years!)

All jokes aside: "education" is a scam and dipping out with a GED and dipping in to a factory as a teen is the smartest move most people could make in this modern hellscape.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Ged Educated Dummy.

I had a friend in high school who was taking AP classes and dropped out her Sr. year due to "drama" (her words, we never knew what she meant) and got her GED. She never went to college and spend the next 10 years working in call centers and fast food restaurants. She got married to some guy who, come to find out, just stopped paying all the bills for some reason. He skipped town and no one heard from him again.

She friended me on Facebook a few years ago and it seems she is childless and still single. She posts a lot of "share if you think the Pledge of Allegiance should be said every day in school!" and other Tump supporter garbage.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Great Education Discount!

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
Get Educated, Dipshit.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Genital Erectile Dysfunction

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
good enough degree

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
General Education Deficiency

God's Endless Disappointment

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Ghosts Eat Dick

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Great, Even Derrick?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
It refers to a Gay Explosive Device, with various models such as the "fishmech" and the "effeteronica". They cause a lot of damage, grief and expense to American families.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
General Education Diploma?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Genital Enlargement Distopia

• Locked thread