Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
A bit sad that the Sharks didn't want, I'd really want to see Thornton and the gang hoist the cup, but on the other hand I love seeing Kessel winning and the Pens deserved it. Hopefully the Sharks won't do anything stupid during the off-season à la Canucks and overreact so they can try again next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

Guys, help. I can't fall asleep. I'm too busy looking at every last scrap and sliver of media related to Phil winning the cup that I can find.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

- kunitz preemptively made up for his pass on the empty net with his backcheck on ward

I have a feeling we're going to see that back-check a lot when Kunitz's contract is up. He really stepped up during the playoffs this year. He just needs to stop missing the loving net so much.

Neitherman fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jun 13, 2016

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Neitherman posted:

Guys, help. I can't fall asleep. I'm too busy looking at every last scrap and sliver of media related to Phil winning the cup that I can find.

Same but also not feeling well

Double sucks because it's not like I can call off work in 3 hours. "Oh you're sick the day after we won the cup? What a coincidence"

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Glorious.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

BiohazrD posted:

Same but also not feeling well

Double sucks because it's not like I can call off work in 3 hours. "Oh you're sick the day after we won the cup? What a coincidence"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB0WvpiUA_I

That man was an Australian Prime Minister. And that was in relation to a boat race.
Pull a fucken sickie mate. You know you want to.

Congratulations to the Penguins of Pittsburgh. They won it fair and square. I would have preferred it if the Bearded men from San Jose won, but thems the breaks. Would also prefer it if LeBron and the Cavs won, but that's not happening either.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Legit surprised the Sharks took it to 6 games

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Roasted Donut posted:

watching your team win the stanley cup is a real rad feeling

yEA

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Pittsburgh averaged 11 more shots per game than San Jose. The shot differential for the series was 206-139. That series was uh... not close.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Dear Americans

Please move your Stanley Cup Finals back towards the morning.

Sincerely

A tired as hell English fan

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Letang can eat a dick

Also why the hell did Crosby win the weird leaf trophy

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

bewbies posted:

Letang can eat a dick

Also why the hell did Crosby win the weird leaf trophy

Phil didn't want to lift anything with a leaf.

Also because Sid was really fuckin' good eh. Drew the tough matchups and still produced admirably.

ThinkTank posted:

Pittsburgh averaged 11 more shots per game than San Jose. The shot differential for the series was 206-139. That series was uh... not close.

Martin Jones was frustratingly good. I was confident going in but honestly I expected the possession to be a lot more even than that. San Jose is really damned good. The Pens were just on another level this year. Their depth was great.

They had some tight series' but I think looking back on it this was one of the more dominant playoff teams you're gonna see. Just pure dominance with the puck.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
This is the kind of behavior the NHL is trying to promote?

Joe Thornton should file charges.

jk gg hockey robot Sidney Crosby

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
E: mm

Shawn Cotureier fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jun 13, 2016

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

VendaGoat posted:

Well that's less than what your mother charged me to bang her. Guess I should up my prices.

This is the kind of behavior SAS is trying to promote?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Dupuis getting to retire on a cup win is pretty much the best thing anyone could ask for. And Cullen too, I guess - though he seems more the sort who'd be willing to play until his body gives out. Goddamn what a season.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

"Sorry, you are not authorized to see this status."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He recognizes that despite Tayne's mother's notable promiscuity, he'd still have to pay for it.

In some ways he's more self aware than anyone.

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
when is game 6 on

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Wilford Cutlery posted:

"Sorry, you are not authorized to see this status."

Well poo poo, I'll try again when I get home

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Confounding Factor posted:

I'm new to Pittsburgh, live in the Mt Lebanon area and I'm dying for good places to eat here. Please help me fellow Pgh goon. I'm open to anything.
Pizza Taglio is good.
Tipsy Cow is good.
Fat Head's is good.
Haven't had Piper's but I've heard it's good.
Winghart's is good.
Il Pizzaiolo is good.
Smoke is good.
Noodlehead is good.
Everyday Noodles is good.

I think I... drove through Mt. Lebanon once? Sorry. I realize most of these places are a hike from there.

Go The Penguins.

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
fiori's pizza

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Pipers is great if you like English food, go there on mornings and watch soccer.

I feel for the Sharks because they don't have any shitheads and are an entertaining team. Would like to see Thornton and Marleau get one before they go, just not at the expense of the Penguins.

I am also in Philadelphia right now and smug as gently caress about this and may get beaten at some point because of it.

As far as goalies, I thought Jones signed a 3x3 deal when the Sharks got him. And I feel like the Penguins will hold on to Fleury as long as possible while the make sure Murray doesn't flame out. Or Bettman will rig the expansion draft so Murray doesn't have to be protected.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Schremp Howard posted:

Pipers is great if you like English food, go there on mornings and watch soccer.

I feel for the Sharks because they don't have any shitheads and are an entertaining team. Would like to see Thornton and Marleau get one before they go, just not at the expense of the Penguins.

I am also in Philadelphia right now and smug as gently caress about this and may get beaten at some point because of it.

As far as goalies, I thought Jones signed a 3x3 deal when the Sharks got him. And I feel like the Penguins will hold on to Fleury as long as possible while the make sure Murray doesn't flame out. Or Bettman will rig the expansion draft so Murray doesn't have to be protected.

Don't forget the good ole bribery options! "We'll give you this guy, and this pick if you don't draft this guy, plus then you get to draft whoever else."

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Those kinds of deals are allowed as part of the rules of an expansion draft, it's not considered cheating or anything.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
There is this forum I post on that had an NHL section and had three posts total, 2 of them are mine

me from Dec 05 posted:

I hate Mike Johnson, his system has neutered the offensive abilities of a team with Letang, Phil Kessel, Sidney Crosby, Hornqvist, and Malkin. Thankfully Malkin has basically said gently caress the system and is scoring goals and MAF is holding this team on his back. Can't wait for MJ and Rick Tocchet to be fired and for the Pens to call up our WBS AHL coach or hope that the Ducks fire Brodeu and hire him immediately
And the very next post

quote:

Holy poo poo the Pens won the Cup!!!

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Schremp Howard posted:

I feel for the Sharks because they don't have any shitheads and are an entertaining team.

Correction: Burns is a loving shitlord. Was hoping all series that someone would grab his bear and slam him chin first into the ice.

Fifty Three posted:

Pizza Taglio is good.
Tipsy Cow is good.
Fat Head's is good.
Haven't had Piper's but I've heard it's good.
Winghart's is good.
Il Pizzaiolo is good.
Smoke is good.
Noodlehead is good.
Everyday Noodles is good.

Cioppino & Osteria are good. Osteria has good pizza, not as great as Taglio, but still really good.
Dish is really good.

Piper's I'm waning on. Was there for the first time in years a couple of weeks ago and was just unimpressed. Still a great draft list though. (Same feelings on Fat Heads)

toxicsunset posted:

fiori's pizza

No.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Have you guys tried getting the food at a different city? It's better.

toxicsunset
Sep 19, 2005

BUY MORE CRABS
you are wrong. 100%. fiori's pizza. it's good pizza. it's probably not the best pizza, because this is a world with a lot of pizza. but it is my favorite pizza, and is a good pizza. food is subjective. let the man decide for himself

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

geeves posted:

Correction: Burns is a loving shitlord. Was hoping all series that someone would grab his bear and slam him chin first into the ice.

Chad Sexington posted:

jk gg hockey robot Sidney Crosby

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Schremp Howard posted:

if you like English food

:lol:

ps: The Pittsburgh Penguins have won the Stanley Cup :siren:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Crosby's just trying to nudge that washed up goon off the ice.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Dish Osteria is really good.

Gnocchi were excellent.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Aphrodite posted:

Have you guys tried getting the food at a different city? It's better.

Ok I did, I moved to Baltimore and I'm not really sure what your point is???

Also I am happy that the Penguins won the cup, and had anyone else been in it I would have been rooting for the Sharks and it is unfortunate that this is the year they made the cup.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

That kinda poo poo happens in every NHL game, it just gets worse in the playoffs because the refs are less likely to call penalties.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

grack posted:

That kinda poo poo happens in every NHL game, it just gets worse in the playoffs because the refs are less likely to call penalties.

http://i.imgur.com/30QsmxW.gifv

:v:

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
So ends my dream SCF. I think the series was closer than the shots give it credit for (the first three games legitimately could have gone either way) but game four and on it was dominated by the Pens. I'm shocked Martin Jones played as well as he did after having to watch him bumble around the regular season, but it was a great surprise. Game five was incredible. My favorite moment of the entire finals probably has to be Justin Schultz's defensive sequence last night where came back to break up a rush after almost finishing one off at the other end. I don't think he'll ever be better than third pairing, but it was hilarious to see.

Watching the SCF while rooting for both teams was a weird experience. After the Pens went up 2-0, I started only rooting for the Sharks and it took away some of the enjoyment of watching my favorite team dominate another. I'm extremely happy it happened and I hope to see two of my favorites match up again soon. Maybe Panthers-Predators next year? Make it happen, Gary. :v:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I like the Pittsburgh Penguins and I am glad they won and I realize it is a privileged position to be a fan of a team that has won twice in the last decade

e: and Phil Kessel is the man

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Stickarts posted:

VendaGoat you are uncomfortable and weird everywhere you post.

Eschew.

gesundheit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/742418415047090176

I think I'll end this thread on that note.

• Locked thread