Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
So Zika is everywhere these days now it seems.

http://www.cdc.gov/zika/

It even has a twitter now, sort of

https://twitter.com/search?q=zika&ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^search

Here is a map of DANGEROUS PLACES, so don't go there. More red the worse it is.

Here is places to avoid in the US specifically,

There is currently no cure for it, so don't plan on having kids if you get infected because you'll get small headed kids. If you want to see it yourself, just type zika baby into a search engine.

But wait there is more!

Antibiotic-resistant superbug surfaces in US for first time

An antibiotic-resistant strain of E coli was found last month in the urine of a 49-year-old Pennsylvania woman, the report said. The report added that Defense Department researchers have determined that the strain is resistant to colistin.

Colistin, the report explains, is the "antibiotic of last resort for particularly dangerous types of superbugs".

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...52700690_1.html

So now we got e coli that can't die.

Honorable shout out to ebola.

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/

SO if you live in a zika area, wear mosquito repellent that probably does nothing, or just stay inside all the time. Have a nice memorial day weekend too.

edit : found a map with Australia on it. New Zealand is gone I guess.

Lime Tonics fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

your mom knows all about viruses and bacteria :boom:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i'm c c c crazy about viruses and bacteria! i've got that disease fever baby, hit me with the info!

Aug 4, 2010

this country is gr8 only virus i need to worry about is an STD

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Good thing I'm gay

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
so now that the bugs have evolved to resist our medicine, when does the euthanasia (aka firebreak protocol) start

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
It's weird to think that we've only really had antibiotics for a century or so. And soon we won't have them any more.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
what if microcephaly is the next stage in human evolution?

like, we don't know it yet but the virus makes all those babies telekinetic or some poo poo

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Harald posted:

what if microcephaly is the next stage in human evolution?

like, we don't know it yet but the virus makes all those babies telekinetic or some poo poo

You need BIGGeR brains for telekinesis/telepathy, dummy

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

better chemtrail the country just to be sure

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Thanks India. Hope the unrestrained growth was worth every woman worldwide over 70 dying from piss bacteria

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

we're over due for a big big earthquake, and also, a superbug pandemic

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
hooray

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

A Strange Aeon posted:

It's weird to think that we've only really had antibiotics for a century or so. And soon we won't have them any more.

It's because it's much more profitable for drug companies to put out dick pill ads and crank out antidepressants which people will be taking for the rest of their lives, instead of putting R&D into something that people only use for 10 days once every few years.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Her name is Rio, she got Zika from the sand

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Lime Tonics posted:

This would be true even if you weren't talking about epidemics.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Her name is Rio, she got Zika from the sand

I approve of this post

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

amusinginquiry posted:

You need BIGGeR brains for telekinesis/telepathy, dummy

Depending on how strong the telepathy is, maybe they could operate as a hive mind and then each brain would just be a node.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

This would be true even if you weren't talking about epidemics.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2016/05/26/the-superbug-that-doctors-have-been-dreading-just-reached-the-u-s/

We're dead.

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
Wow we're gonna have a massive global generation of micro-brain babies.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
lol body integrity

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Fasdar posted:

Fine with me. My own stupid tiny useless brain will seem mightier and mightier in comparison

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

i like this map in the op because australia doesnt exist i would like this to also be the case irl

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Fasdar posted:

only those who never go outside will be spared

hallelujah

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

It's the cure for the virus known as humanity. Start learning survival techniques so if you happen to be lucky enough to live through it, you'll last long enough to start the process over again

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
so that's how children of men started

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Bacteria are this world's true ruler. We are but vessels for their glory.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Thanks, China, for pumping antibiotics into everything that moves whether it's needed or not. No, really, appreciate it, guys.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Farmland Park posted:

Thanks, China, for pumping antibiotics into everything that moves whether it's needed or not. No, really, appreciate it, guys.

you think the chinese will waste antibiotics on our products? ghaheahhaehaheagehaegahe

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Nothing cannot be solved with global-scale nuclear fire.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

you think the chinese will waste antibiotics on our products? ghaheahhaehaheagehaegahe

Well, for one, if you go into a Chinese hospital for any reason at all, you will come out with a carrier bag full of antibiotics. I've had doctors trying to prescribe me antibiotics for a loving cold.

Second, the Chinese meat industry is pumping animals full of antibiotics since it makes them grow bigger.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
what the gently caress is zika some kind of mineral water?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

A Strange Aeon posted:

someone needs to invent a bunch of little robots that go in your body and beat the gently caress out of the virus germs

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Farmland Park posted:

Well, for one, if you go into a Chinese hospital for any reason at all, you will come out with a carrier bag full of antibiotics. I've had doctors trying to prescribe me antibiotics for a loving cold.

Second, the Chinese meat industry is pumping animals full of antibiotics since it makes them grow bigger.

yea, this poo poo is p much china';s fault which is great i cant wait to die of the flu

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

"i like this map in the op because australia doesnt exist i would like this to also be the case irl"

re-added to the OP.

edit : wrong quote and it's broke.

Lime Tonics fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 28, 2016

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Hopefully everywhere on the planet becomes a hotbed for zika, since it doesn't actually do much to adults, but causes birth defects, maybe we'll see a downturn in the birthrate and finally start thinning out the number of humans on this overpopulated rock and then maybe I can finally find a closer parking spot at Target on the weekend.

e: I guess it can cause Guillain–Barré syndrome sometimes but my point still stands

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Robo Reagan posted:

someone needs to invent a bunch of little robots that go in your body and beat the gently caress out of the virus germs

That already happened. They exist. They're inside you.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lime Tonics posted:

So Zika is everywhere these days now it seems.

http://www.cdc.gov/zika/

It even has a twitter now, sort of

https://twitter.com/search?q=zika&ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^search

Here is places to avoid in the US specifically,

There is currently no cure for it, so don't plan on having kids if you get infected because you'll get small headed kids. If you want to see it yourself, just type zika baby into a search engine.

But wait there is more!

Antibiotic-resistant superbug surfaces in US for first time

An antibiotic-resistant strain of E coli was found last month in the urine of a 49-year-old Pennsylvania woman, the report said. The report added that Defense Department researchers have determined that the strain is resistant to colistin.

Colistin, the report explains, is the "antibiotic of last resort for particularly dangerous types of superbugs".

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...52700690_1.html

So now we got e coli that can't die.

Honorable shout out to ebola.

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/

SO if you live in a zika area, wear mosquito repellent that probably does nothing, or just stay inside all the time. Have a nice memorial day weekend too.

edit : found a map with Australia on it. New Zealand is gone I guess.

Where I live is pretty scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Cantaloupe posted:

what the gently caress is zika some kind of mineral water?

No, it's a clear alcoholic drink from the early 90s.

• Locked thread