Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
You know what's freaky is the lack of autonomy in dreams. You just kind of go along with everything even though you feel in control. I think this is only highlighted if you go lucid though.

Also, dream memories. The ones you have in the dream, about things that happened previously in your dream body, which I guess affects your decisions you follow through with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
What do I do about the dream where the addict who lives below me breaks into the apartment and murders me?

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

You know what's freaky is the lack of autonomy in dreams. You just kind of go along with everything even though you feel in control. I think this is only highlighted if you go lucid though.

Also, dream memories. The ones you have in the dream, about things that happened previously in your dream body, which I guess affects your decisions you follow through with

What the gently caress are you even talking about???

pedo-katty
May 28, 2016

by Shine

down n out posted:

According to my analysis you are suppressing desires of a having sex with your mother.

you are mother suprrseing desire to have secks with me john :_)

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

Pope Mobile posted:

What do I do about the dream where the addict who lives below me breaks into the apartment and murders me?

That's a prophetic dream. You're going to die.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I've been having a lot of dreams about sexing up relatively good-looking women, I don't know if that's my subconscious telling me to get a gf or to stay single because I'll always have women in my dreams

coolskillrex remix posted:

Yeah the rule is if the dream can't be summed up in one sentence that gives the person a funny mental image then no one gives one single gently caress

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i only tell people my dreams if i can do it in under 30 seconds and there's a punchline

extremely good advice itt

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I had a dream that I was about to poo poo my pants and I woke up and it was true. I had to run to the bathroom. Thank you for listening

pedo-katty
May 28, 2016

by Shine

Last Chance posted:

I had a dream that I was about to poo poo my pants and I woke up and it was true. I had to run to the bathroom. Thank you for listening

i had a dream where some little brown girl made me walk in front of her for 6 months of my life because she wanted to admire my rear end and then after that i didnt wake up i just posted on SA to troll my ex's psycho ring leader sister

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Waking life feels pretty much the same, only less control.

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
GOOGLE KEEPS INFILTRATING MY PSYCHIC FIELD I DO NOT APPRECIATE THE A.I.'S SWIFT DEVELOPMENT IT HAS BECOME PROBLEMATIC TO MAINTAIN OPERATIONS WITH SECRECY BUT BROTHERS THE GREAT WORK IS ALMOST FINISHED CELEBRATE AS IF IT WERE YOUR LAST DAY ON EARTH INEVITABLE MAN AND MACHINE MUST ELIMINATE ONE ANOTHER PICK A SIDE ORGANIC OR SYNTHETIC ULTIMATELY IT MATTERS NOT OBLIVION AWAITS ALL WHO REFUSE US

EDIT: I DO NOT LOOK LIKE MARK SPITZ STOP IT GOOGLE STOP IT GOOGLE STOP IT GOOGLE

Tonsured fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 28, 2016

pedo-katty
May 28, 2016

by Shine
dunno y u didnt focus on pairing science with art, maybe u would have had to suck dick irl less (im assuming ur closet straight here but idk anymore) =/

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded
I get up, poo poo/shave/shower/coffee, find my pants, get in the car, fight ten thousand other lemmings in their wheeled boxen to get to work, walk up to the door, sign in, navigate the cubicle maze* to my hell desk-
then I wake up, still in bed, and gotta do it all again.
What a pisser.

e:
*like a maze for very stupid mice.

zimboe fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 28, 2016

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

Last Chance posted:

" Man who go to sleep with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger."

-Confucius
Word. It's a really ancient joke.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

zimboe posted:

" Man who go to sleep with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger."

-Confucius
Word. It's a really ancient joke.

This poo poo was NO joke.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

having dreams about all the poo poo you have to do the next day (going to school/work/a funeral) is the absolute worst

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I've been having a lot of dreams about sexing up relatively good-looking women, I don't know if that's my subconscious telling me to get a gf or to stay single because I'll always have women in my dreams

extremely good advice itt

You might as well say the same thing about real life with no one to verify your experiences. Not that the dream advice is wrong

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded
If you dream of water, then either you are thirsty or you gotta take a leak.
This was referenced in Inception, where they dive down to first level, and it's raining brickbats, and a guy says to the host-mind, "You couldn't have taken a leak before we left?"
Heh. Heheh.

zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

I'm literally retarded

Last Chance posted:

This poo poo was NO joke.

Ahhh, you're no fun anymore.
I think certain jokes may be very ancient.
I mean how long after a human saw an elephant feeding did we get some version of " The Elephant's Trunk?
I bet the Romans knew that joke.
And if you don't, you poor bastard, my dad told me that joke when I was eight.
e:
Paleojapeology? Maybe I could get a grant.
e:
It is part of my redneck culture that dictates the Father must teach the Son all his stores of jokes.
And it is hugely funny to watch little kids laugh their asses off cuz' they never heard 'em before.

E: Punchlines:

"exscrewse me,Mister?"- the Italian Lady.

"Sorry lady, my rear end can't take another biscuit."- Elephant's trunk V1.

" But this one's eating my popcorn!" Elephant's trunk V2. Ref MIB.

"They're eatin' bushes, that's what they're doin'." -Cosby

"Right ball go Oomph, Rubber go Oomph, left ball go POP!"

"He won't bite, but he'll ram the hell out of ya."-Cosby

zimboe fucked around with this message at 18:51 on May 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I recently had a dream where Donald Trump was Darth Vader wearing brown corduroy overalls. He was thrown from a catwalk into a bottomless pit only to reveal an identical Darth Vader wearing brown corduroy overalls on the catwalk below.

• Locked thread