Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I'm glad he's dead.

Dude needs to chill out and take a hit of the good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlujizeNNQM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Yeah. Agreed! He poisons water like he's sooo better than everyone else, but everyone else didn't destroy the world by moving the three goddess statues!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Pft I break a sweat moving one goddess statue

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
chuck palhanuik is all his fault, and for that he is unforgivable

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I smoked weed now I'm a giant cockroach.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i liked his story about the torture machine that shitposts u to death

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Horniest Manticore posted:

chuck palhanuik is all his fault, and for that he is unforgivable

my wife can be a bookworm and well she just finished a book and is jonesing for more but its gonna take a lil while for amazon to ship but she was antsy about being bored today with nothing to read

i went to the other hole in our cave and dug a palhanuik book from a pile hehahaheh

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I like Kafka, but I think that Chuck Pahlahniuk is the fuckin worst

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

PinkoBastard posted:

I like Kafka, but I think that Chuck Pahlahniuk is the fuckin worst

is chuck still putting out books? havent heard about him in a while

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Commie NedFlanders posted:

my wife can be a bookworm and well she just finished a book and is jonesing for more but its gonna take a lil while for amazon to ship but she was antsy about being bored today with nothing to read

i went to the other hole in our cave and dug a palhanuik book from a pile hehahaheh

NO DONT

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

JiveHonky posted:

is chuck still putting out books? havent heard about him in a while

I don't know JH, the last thing I read by him was a short story about some kid beatin' it and getting his intestines sucked in to a pool drain or some poo poo. It's not that the stuff offends me, it just all seems like it was written by a 15 year old who just got his first grind core album.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

PinkoBastard posted:

I don't know JH, the last thing I read by him was a short story about some kid beatin' it and getting his intestines sucked in to a pool drain or some poo poo. It's not that the stuff offends me, it just all seems like it was written by a 15 year old who just got his first grind core album.

yeah i read a couple of his books back when he was hot stuff author of the week and that was enough for me

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

PinkoBastard posted:

this is his latest book

pretty much tells you everything you need to know imo

Aryu Kiddimeh
Nov 9, 2012
Esteemed Gentlemen of WGBS!

I feel honored by your invitation to post a report on my former life as an ape.

I am afraid, however, that I will be unable to comply with your request. It is now some five years that I have been separated from apedom-a short time according to the calendar, perhaps, but an eternity when you have to gallop through it the way I did. And even though I was accompanied, at least for parts of the way, by fine human beings, good counsel, orchestral music and applause, my journey was in essence a solitary one, for the accompaniment-to stick with the metaphor-kept far away from the barricade.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

yeah her first choice was a book about marxism but instead i put invisible monsters into her hands wtheck am i thinking today?!

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
I heard Kafka hosed a horse in Hanoi in '75.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I smoked weed now I'm a giant cockroach.

*throws ersatz bong made out of an apple at your head*

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I've only read The Trial, but I thought it was pretty baller.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

The Dennis System posted:

I've only read The Trial, but I thought it was pretty baller.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b01Bnr1aXt8

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
jackin' ma dick. what ya think, kafka thread?

Ayeka
May 28, 2016

Germstore posted:

jackin' ma dick. what ya think, kafka thread?

he would have wanted it that way

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i enjoyed his role on taxi

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

Chuck Palanook was a goon favorite what happened?

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
I think he did a good job encapsulating the burdens of manhood in a post industrial era

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

White Phosphorus posted:

Chuck Palanook was a goon favorite what happened?

11th grade happened i guess

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

palaghnick is kinda like the beavis & butthead of "woke fiction"

but hey, some of us like matt and trey judge

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
My favorite part of Pygmy was when the protagonist was hanging from the nipples of jesus' statue.

Which suggests that either the statue was six or seven stories tall, or Pygmy was the size of a cheeseburger.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Anthrovore posted:

*throws ersatz bong made out of an apple at your head*

I am alienated.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

such potential for talent wasted on degeneracy SMDH

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
i havent read any kafka but ive seen the first episode of star trek next generation..

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
palhanuik

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yeah. Agreed! He poisons water like he's sooo better than everyone else, but everyone else didn't destroy the world by moving the three goddess statues!

is this a computer game thing.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

imo mr k wrote some good stuff but a portion of his output is mental_illness.paperback (e.g.: the one where a badger? wonders about if it should leave its' nesthole for 40 pages)

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Did anyone ever read the like 50 page story from the perspective of a burrowing creature and it's just all about the burrow?

Also, the Onion has a great video about Kafka Airport (on phone or I'd link).

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

vug posted:

is this a computer game thing.

computers are for algebra, not games.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

imo mr k wrote some good stuff but a portion of his output is mental_illness.paperback (e.g.: the one where a badger? wonders about if it should leave its' nesthole for 40 pages)

poo poo, I didn't see your post before I posted about that same weird story!

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Pft I break a sweat moving one goddess statue

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

A Strange Aeon posted:

Did anyone ever read the like 50 page story from the perspective of a burrowing creature and it's just all about the burrow?

hello friend. tbh i read the first quarter and skimmed the rest because i am a 21st century human with the responsibilities that ensues. but i did find time to read all kinds of c-tier david foster wallace stories, so.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Kafka is a good poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Or is that Isaac? gently caress I'm high.

• Locked thread