Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
http://medicalxpress.com/news/2016-05-cell-rats-explores-exposure.html

quote:

"The multiyear, peer-reviewed study, by the National Toxicology Program, found 'low incidences' of two types of tumors in male rats that were exposed to the type of radio frequencies that are commonly emitted by cellphones. The tumors were gliomas, which are in the glial cells of the brain, and schwannomas of the heart."

quote:

The animals exposed to RF had a greater chance of being diagnosed with malignant glioma type of brain cancer, as well as developing a tumor found on the heart. "The incidence grew with greater levels of exposure to the radiation. Some of the rats had glioma—a tumor of the glial cells in the brain —or schwannoma of the heart," said Maron.

looks like having no friends wins again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

so I just have to keep using my phone and I'll eventually die, this is fantastic news

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Everyone send the OP a text :twisted:

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I don't schwannoma bout it

SOME PIG
Aug 12, 2004

Hittin' Switches,
Twistin' wigs with
Phat Radical Mathematical type Scriptures

Son of Rodney posted:

I don't schwannoma bout it

:perfect:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Celluloid Sam posted:

so I just have to keep using my phone and I'll eventually die, this is fantastic news
i pray that we go to war against putin and i can finally join the army without feeling guilty about invading 3rd world poo poo holes but instead die from simple battlefield attrition or maybe even a nuclear bomb if im lucky enough!

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

i thought the conventional wisdom was that everything can give you cancer and that is why people get cancer and then die from getting cancer

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

im gaye posted:

i thought the conventional wisdom was that everything can give you cancer and that is why people get cancer and then die from getting cancer
Nope.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Wanna see the videos of those mice with iPhones duct taped to their heads, listening to endless hold Muzak for weeks on end.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Nice job citing a single study that only showed an effect on male rats.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Skeesix posted:

Nice job citing a single study that only showed an effect on male rats.

:drat:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i don't talk to people on the phone because im smart and dont want cancer, not because im an anxiety riddled mess of a person :gbsmith:

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

like if i eat melted plastic for years that should increase my risk of cancer right

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Aren't radio waves everywhere anyway ? You can listen to radio in a basement so that means they can pass through concrete. They come from space too

RADIATION everywhere !!

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

haha who uses a phone to call people

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Neurotypicals btfo.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
Maybe rats just tend to get cancer more often? :shrug:

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Luckily I live inside an impenetrable Faraday cage.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

typical liberal behavior

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UesvHN3qq4

*sips on normie tears*

OlmanRiver
Mar 30, 2011
I wonder what the tumor chance is from sitting in front of 3 monitors with a huge electromagnet the size of a brick video card does to someone.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
We can still use VR , right ? give me some hope here

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
i cant belief that after all my efforts to distinguish myself im just a goddmned loving normie.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

im gaye posted:

This post gave me prostate cancer

I'm dying

plz give morphine

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
heart cooks brain

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

yeah but mmos give you butt cancer. especially korean ones.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
what's the base probability of getting a shawarma in your heart anyway? also who puts they phone up to they head- the gently caress- just text like a normal person.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I have hand cancer because I text so much.

HAND CANCER.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
good thing in 5 yearts no one will hold a phone to their head any more its all knuckle cancer from here

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop
9 hours a day of exposure, starting in utero?

Those dang chatty embryos, just cant put down their cellphones.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
BS study. Tons of scientists have called it out.

Ayeka
May 28, 2016

imo they should stop giving rats cancer, doesn't seem very nice

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Ayeka posted:

imo they should stop giving rats cancer, doesn't seem very nice

what do you expect ivory tower academics to do if they aren't abusing lab rats? real labor? :cawg:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

i'm jk I FLIPPHONEPING LOVE SCIENCE!!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Commie NedFlanders posted:

i'm jk I FLIPPHONEPING LOVE SCIENCE!!

If you don't have a RAZR V3 you're not really in the game. How can it get any better than this?

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Drink Cheerwine posted:

heart cooks brain

"My heart's the long stairs" may be their best lyric

TheSkeletonMan
Feb 24, 2011

Decebal posted:

Aren't radio waves everywhere anyway ? You can listen to radio in a basement so that means they can pass through concrete. They come from space too

RADIATION everywhere !!

I only surround myself with all-natural, organic radio waves, use focusing crystals to engorge my chakras

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

That's a tiny hot dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Who the gently caress uses their phone as a phone on a regular basis?

• Locked thread