Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
Iceland is really cool and good and I'm glad they kicked out my poo poo country full of garbage men during the qualification round.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
Well, that's my point. I love Iceland, you love Iceland, everybody loves Iceland. They were voted the Croatian second choice team.

But would everyone love them the same if they won all the next games 0-1 after 90 minutes of defending and two attempts at goal? Hm? And would Icelanders care?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Doctor Malaver posted:

Well, that's my point. I love Iceland, you love Iceland, everybody loves Iceland. They were voted the Croatian second choice team.

But would everyone love them the same if they won all the next games 0-1 after 90 minutes of defending and two attempts at goal? Hm? And would Icelanders care?

You get a trophy for that.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Greece was not boring in Euro 04 they were scrappy underdogs that made Cristiano Ronaldo cry

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Iceland also made Cristiano Ronaldo angry, so for that they are already the winners of the tournament.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Charlie Mopps posted:

Iceland also made Cristiano Ronaldo angry, so for that they are already the winners of the tournament.

The Iceland flag is just the corner of the greek one with red marker on it, you mit be onto something

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

African AIDS cum posted:

The Iceland flag is just the corner of the greek one with red marker on it, you mit be onto something

Its also the inverse of the Norwegian flag and Norway is poo poo, further proof that Iceland is good

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Doctor Malaver posted:

Yes and yes, because Iceland rules.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Doctor Malaver posted:

The answers to both questions are "yes" :black101:

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster
Can the OP or the second OP guy explain what the deal is with the green one being called Iceland and the icy one being called Greenland? Kinda hosed up.

Anyway I hope y'all gently caress up England, they suck.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Doctor Malaver posted:

There would be nothing greater than Iceland making it to the final and meeting Portugal there and winning 1-0 and taking home the trophy to their tiny volcano island.

nervana
Dec 9, 2010

KFBR392 posted:

Can the OP or the second OP guy explain what the deal is with the green one being called Iceland and the icy one being called Greenland? Kinda hosed up.

Apparently the old school vikings did this to intentionally trick people to move there. "No you don't want to move to ICEland, you should go to GREENland"

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

nervana posted:

Apparently the old school vikings did this to intentionally trick people to move there. "No you don't want to move to ICEland, you should go to GREENland"

Can confirm from watching Viking documentaries. Cunning and manly.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
please beat england tia

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
by odin's spear

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

KFBR392 posted:

First of all, Iceland is a barren wasteland with the occasional hot spring to alleviate some of the misery

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Bye Olaf. Time to send you packing.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Fully appreciating the amount of deluded wankers too stuck living in the perpetual nightmare that is England too see the beautiful dream come to life in the form of the big beautiful and buff squad of Iceland players.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Sorry didnt read your post was it about rotting fish in a jar?

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
In preperation for the fraud exposure bound to happen tonight I and the rest of europe (that means not England) have been chanting, getting smashed and having sex with all the not engilsh (i.e. european and beautiful) women. While every single not english person, even the irish, have been having a jolly old time at the EURO2016, the english fans and team have been agonizing and biting their fingernails trying and failing to find weaknesses in the fully sick viking lineup of Iceland.

England coach Roy Hodgson, actually best known for winning the Britchestershire Hill Possum lookalike contest five-years in a row, was spotted running around Paris frantically buying baguettes and wines in an attempt to momentarily escape his dark fate instead of watching the Iceland team when the vikings sent Hitlerland out of the euros.

More recently, Roy has been spotted in Nice, trying to walk off all the cheese but instead ending up running from the press:
https://twitter.com/Fotboltinet/status/747365606463242240?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Instead the Englanders sent former Valencia manager Gary Neville. Neville has since then been registered to a French hospital on a steady diet of cheese and cigarettes to try to recover from terminal facial cramps leaving him with a grim look:

Meanwhile the cool and good boys in blue have been having a good old time getting in match-day gear.

https://twitter.com/ElmarBjarnason/status/747411342009712640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I heard that Icelandic people use an app to help them have sex with their own relatives.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Basscop posted:

Fully appreciating the amount of deluded wankers too stuck living in the perpetual nightmare that is England too see the beautiful dream come to life in the form of the big beautiful and buff squad of Iceland players.

All cool people in Europe have your backs. England isn't really in Europe anyway.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Fresh news just in: Were gonna win

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Hejja island och Lagerbäck! Beat England like they crushed my portfolio.

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Basscop posted:

Fresh news just in: Were gonna win

2-1 for Iceland now, checks out atm.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

I look forward to eating a fermented sheep's head in celebration at the humiliated sassenach. The heathen army is come again. You will not be spared the fury of the norsemen this time.

EDIT: Will be hosting Up helly Aa round my house this year. The whale blubber's on me.

TomViolence fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 27, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
ISLAND STRONG

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Ragnar Siggurdson man of the loving match. loving legend. The goal, the defending, that loving overhead kick. What a loving guy, love him.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Lagerbäck has still never lost to England.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/rvkgrapevine/status/747359737721688064

need this shirt

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Good poo poo, op's

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I had no idea which Iceland player was good or bad but good job team

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Iceland: Cool And Good

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Iceland played really well and owns and is cool.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

thank you iceland

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Goddamn what a night. First Italy destroys noted garbage team Spain and now this. Best day of the tournament.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Iceland is gonna take the trophy home and throw it in a volcano and there's nothing anyone can do about it

KFBR392
Jan 21, 2016

by Cowcaster

Pissflaps posted:

Bye Olaf. Time to send you packing.

This is v funny to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mans posted: