Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Last we saw Spain they got humiliated on the global stage by Holland and others. They got destroyed, embarrassed, raped. Some even accused them of drug abuse. Now a scant 2 years later, Holland is not even qualified for Euro 2016 despite a zillion teams being allowed in, and everyone's favorite Dutch goon oliwan is banned.

But we will always have Netherlands – Spain from 2014. Here is video of Oliwan watching the game live from his twitch. Please excuse the video quality. Oliwan couldn't figure out how to get his pirated sony vegas to deinterlace properly.

https://vimeo.com/168566286

Spain topped their group in qualifying losing only 1 game. But the group was bad.

Spain will be wearing this

quote:

Spain squad
SPAIN: Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Porto), David De Gea (Manchester United), Sergio Rico (Sevilla)

Defenders: Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Hector Bellerin (Arsenal), Dani Carvajal (Real Madrid), Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Marc Bartra (Barcelona), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Mikel San Jose (Athletic Bilbao), Juanfran (Atletico Madrid)

Midfielders: Bruno Soriano (Villarreal), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Thiago Alcantara (Bayern Munich), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Isco (Real Madrid), David Silva (Manchester City), Pedro Rodriguez (Chelsea), Cesc Fabregas (Chelsea), Saul Athleticuez (Atletico Madrid)

Forwards: Aritz Aduriz (Athletic Bilbao), Nolito (Celta Vigo), Kike (Maccabi Tel Aviv), Alvaro Morata (Juventus), Lucas Vazquez (Real Madrid)

I have bolded the players who are the best because they play in the EPL (England Premier League )

Players to watch out for

Nolito - just scored a few goals against Bosnia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIb48WPYegU

Isco - just won the champiopns league
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaQpQ_-SKDc

Gerard Pique - is openly gay
https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/la...-160643080.html

Please post your ideal Spain XI in [code] tags

To get info from those who really know these players I wrote PMs to some big La Liga thread posters to get their take on Spain’s chances and any info on players they could provide

El Hefe posted:

Well Barcelona easily won the title and I just shot 3 looters who tried to steal my last roll of toilet paper and I think Spain will win the world cup easily or whatever they are playing in, Puyol and Xavi and those guys will just really score a lot of goals and whoever they are playing is gonna lose. Gotta go, someone has just set my car on fire

Suqit posted:

Let me share some unique Spanish soccer experience with you, in this very thread, because you are missing the subtlety. Instead of following the ball, follow the off ball movement. Look for triangles to appear, dissolve and then reappear right before your eyes. Watch as player's heads swivel to find the man making the run for the second pass, not the first. Watch the tight control and decision making. Don't appreciate the pass that was made, appreciate the pass that wasn't because it was more difficult and less likely to be successful.

Watch the instant pressure applied once the ball is lost. Appreciate the monumental patience and discipline required to maintain possession without making foolish passes for long stretches. Realize that they are making things that are incredibly difficult to do both physically and tactically look so easy that it becomes boring.

Or you can just say lol Spain matches are boring and hate them.

BWV posted:

Yeah big Spain/Barca fan here. Spain will be unstoppable at Europe TYOOL 2016. Messi, Neymar and Suarez are gonna tear it up and gently caress defenses in the butt hole. Definitely love soccer.

Spain will be in Group D with their fellow swarthy Turks, they are already in 1st place so getting through to the next round should be easy.

Lets all eat tacos and burritos and drink spanish wine like the red stuff and listen to Nelly Furtado and enjoy these Spaniards doing their thing. And let's definitely not accuse them of drug use. Does a team on drugs lose 5-1 to Holland? No they don't.

African AIDS cum fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jun 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Looking forward to Kike scoring all the goals. Who would have thought a Boro reject playing in Israel would have made the squad. It's almost unbelievable haha.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
What did Oliwan get banned for?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

What did Oliwan get banned for?

Bundesliga toxx.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Saul Athleticuez

:wow:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Bojan, Muniesa and Sergi Roberto will be sitting on a couch in Stoke watching spain be poo poo and bad while they laugh at the clowns

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Byolante posted:

Bojan, Muniesa and Sergi Roberto will be sitting on a couch in Stoke watching spain be poo poo and bad while they laugh at the clowns

I don't think Sergi Roberto is going to Stoke any time soon.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

I don't think Sergi Roberto is going to Stoke any time soon.

You say that but

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Visca Espanya

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Modric is going to clown on spain

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Toke City :2bong:

(pretend I posted this in 6 minutes time for an extra joke)

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

African AIDS cum posted:

But we will always have Netherlands – Spain from 2014. Here is video of Oliwan watching the game live from his twitch. Please excuse the video quality. Oliwan couldn't figure out how to get his pirated sony vegas to deinterlace properly.

https://vimeo.com/168566286

lol

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

African AIDS cum posted:

[video type="vimeo" res="hd"]168566286[/]

lmao

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I'd hate to be oliwan right now or hell, ever

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Who is going to start in goal anyway? Overrated De Gea or broken Casillas?

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Del Bosque just announced his definitive list and he dropped Saúl and Isco. Carvajal was already out due to an injury he picked up in the CL final.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Atletico Madrid got to the freaking champions league final, I can think of 10 garbagemen in that list I would send home before Saul and Gabi

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

African AIDS cum posted:

Who is going to start in goal anyway? Overrated De Gea or broken Casillas?

pretty sure they played Casillas for most of the qualifiers because the Spanish are a failed race

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Ewar Woowar posted:

Looking forward to Kike scoring all the goals. Who would have thought a Boro reject playing in Israel would have made the squad. It's almost unbelievable haha.

I thought it was a real player.

Pedro De Heredia fucked around with this message at 18:33 on May 31, 2016

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

poty posted:

Atletico Madrid got to the freaking champions league final, I can think of 10 garbagemen in that list I would send home before Saul and Gabi

Lets hear em

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Bellerin Bartra Azpilicueta

Soriano Pedro Cesc

Aduriz Nolito Kike Vazquez

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Del Bosque is senile and Spain are gonna get trashed again

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

poty posted:

Bellerin Bartra Azpilicueta

Soriano Pedro Cesc

Aduriz Nolito Kike Vazquez

Maybe if Saul and Gabi hadn't played like poo poo in the final they'd be selected.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

El Hefe posted:

Del Bosque is senile and Spain are gonna get trashed again

How did he survive the last world cup? He must have been crucified in the media surely.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Syncopated posted:

How did he survive the last world cup? He must have been crucified in the media surely.

Not really, no.

Turns out winning a World Cup and an European Cup counts for a lot. Especially considering that Spain used to implode at pretty much every major tournament before 2008.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Lladre posted:

Maybe if Saul and Gabi hadn't played like poo poo in the final they'd be selected.

Gabi was great in the final?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Saul seriously owns, can't believe they selected Kike over him

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Lol

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

straight up brolic posted:

Saul seriously owns, can't believe they selected Kike over him

Certain people control the media.

Subbz
Nov 4, 2008
why did you not bold david "le artiste" silva

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Spain's defence looks bad.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Beating South Korea 1-0, noice David Silva freekick

2-0 Cesc after massive keeper cockup.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
lol Del Bosque is definitely gonna start Casillas

what a moron

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Phwoar, guess Spain are [imagine big yet cool racist pun about Asians here, also maybe something about Starcraft???]

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Found a few chinks in the Koreans' armour.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

5-0 against South Korea, huh? That's nice.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

The koreans were upset because Casillas got away with his INSENSITIVE RACISM. That's why they played so badly, you can't play soccer without a safe space free of bullies and bigots.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Those Koreans looked like they were sleepwalking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

• Locked thread