Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zimboe
Aug 3, 2012

FIRST EBOLA GOON AVOID ALL POSTS SPEWING EBLOA SHIT POSTS EVERWHERE
I'm literally retarded

Toadvine posted:

when I say diversion I mean the first attempt to alter the past.

back to the Hitler metaphor: we all talk about going back to Germany and killing Hitler. The first time someone actually does it is identical to what played out in Ohio with the Gorilla. They know Hitler/antichristkid must die, but everything that happens next is unknown.

also:

That cartoon is heartbreaking.
But this sort of thing could be going on all the time and we would never know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Quote-Unquote posted:

so an ape went back in time and in doing so altered the future, which caused antichristkid to exist, thus necessitating Time Ape's doomed mission?

idgi. and i'm smart; i even made it through inception without getting confused but this script is crazy.

not quite what I'm saying, but maybe! Time Ape went back to kill antichrist kid but was foiled by idiot zoo keepers. Maybe the zoo experience is what motivates the child to destroy the natural world? necessitating the gorillas to revolt and go back in time and kill him? but actually sowing the seeds of their future destruction again and again? cool!

Like Twelve Monkeys and Looper had a kid and it fell in a zoo pit

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

When the object enters the timestream, time begins to correct itself. Let me use this example: Imagine four gorillas on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the gorilla nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of gorillas and takes the place of the first gorilla. The formerly first gorilla becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff.

Time works the same way.

Dignity Van Houten fucked around with this message at 14:13 on May 30, 2016

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

935 posted:

Imagine, if you will, four gorillas on the edge of a cliff

i didnt know all your ex girlfriends went to the seaside together

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Toadvine posted:

not quite what I'm saying, but maybe! Time Ape went back to kill antichrist kid but was foiled by idiot zoo keepers. Maybe the zoo experience is what motivates the child to destroy the natural world? necessitating the gorillas to revolt and go back in time and kill him? but actually sowing the seeds of their future destruction again and again? cool!

Like Twelve Monkeys and Looper had a kid and it fell in a zoo pit

Maybe have it be a team of twelve different species of primate. One can be a human too - maybe tom hardy? Liam Hemsworth? Maybe chris pratt for more of a comedy angle? Naturally he speaks ape and monkey

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

Melmac posted:

Anyone else remember when food columnist A.A. Gills paid to hunt a baboon so he could "see what it was like to kill a person"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._A._Gill#Killing_of_a_baboon

This is a thing that is legal to exchange currency for.

We're talking about africa for the right sum in the right country he could've shot an actual person with the help of a police chief

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I bet George Zimmerman pulled the trigger

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

I just want to say, to those of you who took Time Ape and ran with it,... I love you.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

The Bananana posted:

I just want to say, to those of you who took Time Ape and ran with it,... I love you.

Don't worry bro you'll still get an executive producer credit, plus a 'Time Ape created by' credit if the studio doesn't interfere too much.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Umm, I also want 5 points on the back end, 20% gross on merchandising, and a creator credit on this and any international releases. And a clock radio.

pretty good aggro deck
Dec 31, 2007

Extinct!
i wish they did not shot gorilla

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot
Wouldn't shooting the gorilla with tranquilizers have had exactly the same effect?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
lmao what kind of beta gorilla gets shot to death by a puny human

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

vyst posted:

He is a well known racist, but you're the one connecting the dots.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Quote-Unquote posted:

Don't worry bro you'll still get an executive producer credit, plus a 'Time Ape created by' credit if the studio doesn't interfere too much.

so are we doing time ape or time apes? save teh apes for the sequel?

if so what 12 apes. we have a human, a gorilla, and what else
how about a bonobo that always wants to gently caress that would be funny

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

BONOBOS are chimpanzee's sex-crazed cousin

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
that monkey was part of the drug family that was recently executed in ohio and this was a government coverup

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
With gorilla gone, will there still be hope for zoo?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Applewhite, please make CYOA: Time Ape, thank you and bless your soul

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Baby gorillas must be made of tougher stuff than toddlers.

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

That gorilla was some other gorillas parent. Only fair to shoot one of the kids parents now.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
RIP

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

vyst posted:

actually the kid is still alive so nope

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Now when are they going to shoot all the other Cleveland residents?

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
The parents should've been shot in his place for being mindless fucktards, imo

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I shot the gorilla

But I did not shoot no chimpanzee

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

noctambulous nebab posted:

Wouldn't shooting the gorilla with tranquilizers have had exactly the same effect?

Besides the dosage needing to be pretty exact to stop an animal without killing it, I really don't think you'd want tranqs when time matters.

noctambulous nebab
May 12, 2016

by zen death robot

EmperorFritoBandito posted:

Besides the dosage needing to be pretty exact to stop an animal without killing it, I really don't think you'd want tranqs when time matters.

Yeah that's a good point. I don't see a more graceful solution to this problem, besides banning Disney movies.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
"Mommy's right here!"

Lmao yeah retard where were you a minute ago?

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

lol

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I kwept seeing a lot of really silly jokes about gorillas and apes on my twitter and now I know why.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
finally, proof that god exists. if not for god, there is no way that her child would survive being her child.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
God*

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

So wait

God looked away too when the kid got into the gorilla area

Nobody wants to keep an eye on that kid

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

symbolic posted:

Applewhite, please make CYOA: Time Ape, thank you and bless your soul

This.

OR Atma

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So would a gorilla be able to fight and kill a bear?

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

The Bananana posted:

This.

OR Atma

No, Applewhite

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I agree with all the people who said they should have shot the mom instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

god bless

• Locked thread