Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BirryJoru
Mar 21, 2012

GRAMAGEDDON ISN'T OVER YET. SORRY.-RA TEHUTI :smuggo::smug::smugdon::grin::parrot:
What do you do? Do you read the TOS, travel to the store, rely on the internet and stream or download, agree to the TOS or decline, pirate, or digitally back up your physical copy for personal use and not exhibition then wind up with a leftover hard copy?

maybe you spice it up with a little mix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I just use my imagination

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
I don't copy that floppy my friend does it for me

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
shut up u 'jive honkey', u 'piece of poo poo'.may the four winds meet in banquet 'pon ur soul op.

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

I'll purchase and rent media as long as it's easy and convenient. Otherwise i'll torrent that poo poo because gently caress having to wait a week for a 60 dollar japanese Blu-ray without subtitles to show up at my doorstep when I could just download fansubs instead.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Orkin Mang posted:

shut up u 'jive honkey', u 'piece of poo poo'.may the four winds meet in banquet 'pon ur soul op.

U shut up dOrkin mang I'll suck out your eyeballs and piss in the sockets

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
guys chill this is gbs we all suck and are lovely here

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im drank imo

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
i pay for my poo poo. if there isnt a physical version available, i dont buy it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

i pay for my poo poo. if there isnt a physical version available, i dont buy it.

don't lie

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

JiveHonky posted:

U shut up dOrkin mang I'll suck out your eyeballs and piss in the sockets

Not if I suck your balls first you won't.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
:ninja::yarr::ninja:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
I buy what I can afford (nothing).

I went to concerts, upon a time ago. I will again, just not at the mo'.

Takane
Aug 24, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

I buy what I can afford (nothing).

That's enough to buy OPs mom

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Takane posted:

Not if I suck your balls first you won't.

You got me on that one. I can't think of a way out of this prickly situation!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there is no legal way to watch macross delta in english. i will die if i do not get my fix of idols singing while transforming fighter jets have dog fights.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*

Serious Frolicking posted:

there is no legal way to watch macross delta in english. i will die if i do not get my fix of idols singing while transforming fighter jets have dog fights.

you havent dedicated 10+ yeears of your life to learning japanese for the sole purpose of watching anime? disgraceful

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

A ILL BREAKFAST posted:

you havent dedicated 10+ yeears of your life to learning japanese for the sole purpose of watching anime? disgraceful

i like anime but i dont give a poo poo about japan or japanese culture outside of that one niche product

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
life is too short to buy things

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I want to buy media, but more and more the people who make it don't want me to actually own it when I do, so gently caress that. :shrug:

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I pay for Netflix, Sling, Prime, WWE network & Google Play. If your precious digital nugget isn't on one of the five loving content services I pay for, gently caress you, it's off to the land of torrents.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
I will still buy physical books

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

bloodysabbath posted:

I pay for Netflix, Sling, Prime, WWE network & Google Play. If your precious digital nugget isn't on one of the five loving content services I pay for, gently caress you, it's off to the land of torrents.

you are an adult admitting you pay to watch wrastlin

please think about this

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

vols bitch posted:

you are an adult admitting you pay to watch wrastlin

please think about this

Eh, it's 10 bucks a month, you get the live PPVs which used to be $60 a pop from cable companies, and it has all the stuff from the late 90s-early 2000s when fake fightmans was actually good and also ECW. Plus NXT is actual good wrestling so there's that.

Wrestling is stupid as poo poo but really it's just another set of roided out millionaires to watch on Sunday while getting drunk.

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

down n out posted:

I will still buy physical books

Me too but I also like library books.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
I have this thing where I like to be able to hear music without being connected to the internet.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I have the internet everything should be free

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

On a whim I rented a CD from a library because it was there ATM and I didn't want to go through the hassle of DLing it. Plus I could get legit good quality rip from the CD itself. But when I jammed it into my CD drive, my laptop spat it out as though it wasn't a music CD and refused to recognize it at all.

Thanks windows 10 you garbage slut.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

whatever it takes, op

(imagine i put on some sick shades and press a big red button that says gently caress YOU)

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Wedemeyer posted:

On a whim I rented a CD from a library because it was there ATM and I didn't want to go through the hassle of DLing it. Plus I could get legit good quality rip from the CD itself. But when I jammed it into my CD drive, my laptop spat it out as though it wasn't a music CD and refused to recognize it at all.

Thanks windows 10 you garbage slut.

Wait. Update. Restarting the computer inexplicably fixed the problem of it spitting the CD out whenever I porked it in.

What the gently caress windows 10.

OUTDOOR VOICES
May 30, 2016

by Shine
micro transactions are coming with micro aggression court if you people focus on that instead of destroying each other or trolling or nonconsensual polyamory sad brains gently caress fest 2016

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I get all my stuff via the five finger discount OP

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem

Kuato posted:

I get all my stuff via the five finger discount OP

Opposite: If its digital (and thus physically untouchable by fingers) it's free.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I don't use computers, OP.

I get my media from the public library. Read a book.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The media companies wanted me to be a slovenly, lazy, glutton who does nothing but consume their media by any means necessary....they got their wish.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
if by 'media' you are referring to the newspaper I rolle up and jame in mine anus then I buy it??

BoldFrankensteinMir
Jul 28, 2006

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

digital (and thus physically untouchable by fingers)

Unless you mean the other "digital" as in "touching with fingers" exactly.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

My computer being not super great I usually torrent games before I buy to see if they will run, then buy if they do. Steam now has refunds though so I'll probably do that now like I did w/ dark souls 3 (does not run).

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BirryJoru posted:

What do you do? Do you read the TOS, travel to the store, rely on the internet and stream or download, agree to the TOS or decline, pirate, or digitally back up your physical copy for personal use and not exhibition then wind up with a leftover hard copy?

maybe you spice it up with a little mix

i like to mix it up. a lil netflix, a hulu, and everything else i torent a few mins after it airs.

basically if its not on netflix or hulu it is a torrent or a shady download site that spams me w/popups until i get the capcha right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the ol pump-n-bump
Jul 27, 2004

by Smythe
I obediently purchase media in all formats because Im a piece of poo poo that believes I should sacrifice hours of my life wasted at work in order to find out why hodor is just saying hold the door or whatever

• Locked thread