Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its going straight into his mouth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgaeL5Iuil0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZbn0D101RI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

https://twitter.com/WernerDoye/status/742111996590624768

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
So uh, what do you expect this team will do against anyone who's offensive isn't utter garbage?

This really is gonna be the Werder approach, just score more goals than the opponent and you win.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Tahirovic posted:

So uh, what do you expect this team will do against anyone who's offensive isn't utter garbage?

This really is gonna be the Werder approach, just score more goals than the opponent and you win.

Score many, many goals, yes.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Tahirovic posted:

I'm not overly concerned with the german performance. Especially the second half was p much what I expected.

In the later stages of the first half the defense looked shaky at best, where the Ukrainian pace and pressure put Neuer to the test time and time again.
But that seemed to be resolved in the second half with far more coordination in central midfield and better defensive coverage by the offensive players.

Müller is especially noteworthy here, he helped out far more in the second half than in the first.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
How's the mood in Germany after last night's match? Do people believe that the result was convincing enough to absolve them of the atrocities of World War 2?

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Kwagga posted:

How's the mood in Germany after last night's match? Do people believe that the result was convincing enough to absolve them of the atrocities of World War 2?

What atrocities

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Katana Gomai posted:

What atrocities

I think he's talking about the atrocity of not winning the thing.

Kwagga posted:

Do people believe that the result was convincing enough to absolve them of the atrocities of World War 2?

Most Germans got over the way we unfairly lost WW2 in the last minute when we won the World Cup in '54.

Ibogaine fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 13, 2016

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

http://www.der-postillon.com/2016/06/gauland-ukraine.html

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

lol

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
Is that Stefan Effenberg as the "expert" on ARD? :catstare: Wtf is he expert for?

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

dogboy posted:

Is that Stefan Effenberg as the "expert" on ARD? :catstare: Wtf is he expert for?

Tattoos apparently, when they were doing the pre-match wankfest about Zlatan.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

dogboy posted:

According to Elf Freunde he is an expert for these things:

quote:

Schon zu aktiven Zeiten war Effenberg nicht unbedingt das, was man gemeinhin als Leisetreter bezeichnet. Einem Obdachlosen, der in seiner Einfahrt lag, soll der ehemalige Bayern-Kapitän einst die korrekte Durchführung eines Spannstoßes demonstriert haben. 2002 holte »Effe« dann in einem Playboy-Interview zum Rundumschlag gegen die deutschen Sozialschmarotzer aus: »Viele Leute leben vom Arbeitslosengeld offensichtlich so gut, dass sie keine Lust haben, morgens früh aufzustehen und bis in die Abendstunden zu buckeln - nur, damit sie am Ende des Monats schlappe hundert Euro mehr auf dem Konto haben.« Den »Tiger« störte damals auch nicht, dass sein eigener Bruder von staatlicher Unterstützung lebte.

His commentary about lazy bums and his complaints about foreigners who don't want to integrate or learn the language isn't listed here, but it's worth mentioning because in his two years in Italy, he naturally refused to learn the language and spent all his spare time watching German television instead of integrating.

tl;dr: Stefan Effenberg might actually be the most horrible excuse for a human being ever. Naturally, this qualifies him as a role model on German television.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Ibogaine posted:

According to Elf Freunde he is an expert for these things:

His commentary about lazy bums and his complaints about foreigners who don't want to integrate or learn the language isn't listed here, but it's worth mentioning because in his two years in Italy, he naturally refused to learn the language and spent all his spare time watching German television instead of integrating.

tl;dr: Stefan Effenberg might actually be the most horrible excuse for a human being ever. Naturally, this qualifies him as a role model on German television.

Do not forget his Paderborn engagement as trainer: He is also very good at voluntarily jumping into a meatgrinder and cooking tasty failburgers out of the result!

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Wer spielt denn heute?

Österreich - Ungarn

Und gegen wen?

:downsrim:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Sereri posted:

Wer spielt denn heute?

Österreich - Ungarn

Und gegen wen?

:downsrim:

As a history teacher I appreciate that joke and wish I had made it in class

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

quote:

Lukas Podolski erntet Beifall für seine Aussage zu Löws Griff in seine Hose. "Das ist in der Mannschaft kein Thema. 80 Prozent von euch Journalisten kraulen sich auch mal an den Eiern. Also ist alles gut."

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

he's right.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=195kaGa5p4w

loooooooooooooooooooool

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
that doesn't excuse the sniffing which is really the worst part

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
bruh have you never done a scratch and sniff, ball freshness is important.

I mean him doing it in public is loving retarded but knowing if your balls are stanky or not is important and valuable info.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

This justifies Poldi being part of the squad

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Dunban posted:

This justifies Poldi being part of the squad

Absolutely.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
Poldi is the best. His statement on Schweinsteigers possible marriage at the same press conference was also good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaivTsKNOEQ&t=192s

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

just speak english. gently caress.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Bea Nanner posted:

just speak english. gently caress.

Unterschreib deine Posts nicht

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Smirr posted:

Unterschreib deine Posts nicht, NÄ

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

quote:

“I saw the pictures as well and obviously sometimes you do things subconsciously. It happened and I am sorry,” said the World Cup-winning coach on the eve of Germany’s Group C meeting with Poland in Paris on Thursday. “It was adrenaline and concentration. I will try to behave differently in the future.”

Joachim noooo, do not cave to the critics!

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Scratching your balls in front of the entire world is alpha as hell and its lame that hes apologizing for it.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

That was like, the one cool thing that bitchboy has ever done so of course he goes ahead and apologizies for it. I bet Nivea made him do it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

Joachim noooo, do not cave to the critics!

God damnit Low don't apologize, your endearing weirdness is the best thing about you

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I'm freaking out. I'm panicking.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

antidote posted:

I'm freaking out. I'm panicking.

Why, the second game is always bad and we played a pretty strong team.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I was kind of joking. We will beat Northern Ireland 1 - 0 and then return to regularly scheduled programming. I know the drill.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

It was a boring rear end match and I'm still mad the boys have not turned up yet except for Boateng, Hummels and Neuer.

Hector and Höwedes don't work at all if your aim is to have at least okay fullbacks.

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Löw is a terrible-accented, booger-eatin ball-sniffin teeth-breathin fraud

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Actually, still Weltmeister

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Truth, but i just had to end that otherwise true sentence somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Höwedes trying to go forward and play 1-2 with other players near the box is hilariously bad. Hopefully once some better teams come along he'll just stay back and defend because he is actually good at that.
As soon as we go 0-1 down we are completely hosed with the current setup though, any decent opponent will just realize there is zero threat from out wide and will barricade the centre like Poland did.

• Locked thread