Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
^^edit: That's what I get for letting the tab open too long, but we really agree about Kimmich.

Good OP, OP.

Anyone else thinking that Sane has the best chances of getting into the final squad? He has some attacking talent, something the team definitely needs. I rate him as the better offensive player between him and Brandt. Weigl is not bad, but we have better players for his position. And Kimmich is overrated in my opinion. He didn't impress me in yesterday's game. None of the youngsters managed to stand out, but I think Kimmich was the weakest of them. Pep might think he's the second coming or something like that (or not, hard to tell what Pep's trying to say sometimes), but I think he's not yet good enough to make the squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

AlexF posted:

- There's a whole group of players (Rudy, Hector, Rüdiger, loving-Gomez, Can and maybe ter Stegen) that should take a look at Mustafi's path at WC 2016 and maybe think about taking the same one. Including Mustafi himself (his Lego fig is still amazing)

I admit, I don't understand what you are trying to say here :negative:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

vivisectvnv posted:

is there beef with low and schmelzer or something? i recall him having a pretty good season and seems like a much more viable fullback option than the rest of that garbage fire

Löw doesn't like him. That's all. Schmelzer is better than all the other garbagemen that are currently on the team.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Not taking Reus because he's injured makes sense, only he should have done the same with Schweinsteiger!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Köpke is getting old :ohdear:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The only one who looks cool in that picture is Müller, but that shouldn't surprise anybody.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Sereri posted:

I keep waiting for pixelated sunglasses to come down but it's not happening for some reason :confused:

I know, right? He's truly the best we have, too bad that he plays at Bayern.

Are Neuer and ter Stegen wearing matching clothes? I can't see any differences, except ter Stegen being a bit too big for his shirt. Even the gloves are the same!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Sereri posted:

A little help for the non-German goons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acOiB13dK-I

Bastian Schornsteinfeger

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Katana Gomai posted:

I feel legit bad for Rüdiger but Tah is a great replacement

He is, and I'm glad that he gets a tiny chance to prove himself. It just sucks for Rüdiger. And the whole team, how many players are injured now?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

AlexF posted:

I continue to be disappointed by our "world class midfielder" Kroos. Am I alone in this? Here's a guy that is able to play the most amazing passes, be it high or low, short or wide. What he does, though, is seeing an opportunity that has a slight chance of failing and never taking it. Instead, he just chooses the safe option every time. He also never seems to do the first and obvious thing that comes into his mind and tries to think waaaay too far ahead which slows us down immensely. His lack of defensive abilities doesn't help either. You always get the feeling that his highness needn't be bothered by such peasantry tasks.

Yet, people keep on gloating and aaawww'ing about how amazing he is and that is he's one of the best midfielders in the world. The potential is there for sure, but what is it good for if he never shows it?

Weigl for Kroos!

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I wasn't terribly impressed with Kimmich as a defender for Bayern. Watch him shine in the national team and Löw prove us wrong about his capabilities as the Nationaltrainer again.

I wouldn't mind.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

elbkaida posted:

Draxler/Hector hasn't really worked well on the left, would rather see Götze in as he is more versatile in switching with Müller and Özil imo. Don't think Draxler will be much of a danger in front of goal either tbh, he is at his best with lots of space and Slovakia will probably be pretty deep so...

I feel your prediction about Draxler's lack of danger in front of the goal was... wrong?

I'm glad that Löw finally has found people who can play as proper full backs.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
We're hosed.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

dogboy posted:

- Get the voodoo puppets ready, don't forget genuine hair
- Try to imagine all day everyday from now on how it feels to win, tell all your friends
- In case of religious: Pray to your god
- Pray to some other gods, too, for good measure
- Get smashed on match day
- Prepare "I totally expected this" and "Didn't want to win it anyways" speeches
- Etc.

"Don't care about the national team, club football is the only thing that counts."

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

belgend posted:

Hello, i'm 1/4th German, don't you fellow Germans agree das es zu Hause kommt?

Welcome! We agree, dass es nach Hause kommt.

I'm speaking of the German squad of course, Italy will win as always :(

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
So, now that we won against Italy, playing against France in the semi-final doesn't seem as exciting somehow.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Gigi Galli posted:

RIP gentlemen. Do you guys honestly think Khedira would've helped? I've never rated him.

Gomez would have scored at least one of those chances. Or Reus, if he hadn't picked up any injury just before a major tournament once again.

At least I'm vindicated in my assessment of Kimmich, good on the offense but not reliable enough in the defense.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

System Metternich posted:

Eh, at least we beat Italy

This. I'm not down at all over tonight's loss to France, but I would have melted down if Italy had thrown us out of a tournament once again.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Smirr posted:

Don't actually close the thread, or the foreigners are going to bully us over it, and rightfully so

And perhaps we even get good news like Löw retiring, which we then would have to discuss in the Bundesliga thread. There's no harm to let the thread open until the Euro is over.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Jürgen Klopp, for all the meltdowns it would cause :cheeky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

elbkaida posted:

Another more exciting path would be getting some young relatively unproven coach together with an ex-player to be the face of the operation (like Klinsmann/Löw in 2004). We could have Scholl/Nagelsmann for Germany!

I will stop watching the national team if Mehmet loving Scholl gets anywhere near the manager post. I nearly have to vomit every time I see his Hackfresse on tv.

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jul 9, 2016

• Locked thread