Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Katana Gomai posted:

What atrocities

I think he's talking about the atrocity of not winning the thing.

Kwagga posted:

Do people believe that the result was convincing enough to absolve them of the atrocities of World War 2?

Most Germans got over the way we unfairly lost WW2 in the last minute when we won the World Cup in '54.

Ibogaine fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

dogboy posted:

Is that Stefan Effenberg as the "expert" on ARD? :catstare: Wtf is he expert for?

According to Elf Freunde he is an expert for these things:

quote:

Schon zu aktiven Zeiten war Effenberg nicht unbedingt das, was man gemeinhin als Leisetreter bezeichnet. Einem Obdachlosen, der in seiner Einfahrt lag, soll der ehemalige Bayern-Kapitän einst die korrekte Durchführung eines Spannstoßes demonstriert haben. 2002 holte »Effe« dann in einem Playboy-Interview zum Rundumschlag gegen die deutschen Sozialschmarotzer aus: »Viele Leute leben vom Arbeitslosengeld offensichtlich so gut, dass sie keine Lust haben, morgens früh aufzustehen und bis in die Abendstunden zu buckeln - nur, damit sie am Ende des Monats schlappe hundert Euro mehr auf dem Konto haben.« Den »Tiger« störte damals auch nicht, dass sein eigener Bruder von staatlicher Unterstützung lebte.

His commentary about lazy bums and his complaints about foreigners who don't want to integrate or learn the language isn't listed here, but it's worth mentioning because in his two years in Italy, he naturally refused to learn the language and spent all his spare time watching German television instead of integrating.

tl;dr: Stefan Effenberg might actually be the most horrible excuse for a human being ever. Naturally, this qualifies him as a role model on German television.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Hitzlsperger as a pundit is the highlight for me so far.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015
Well, I have Italy as cup winner in my kicktipp group, so it's all good.

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

I sometimes wonder whether the Bildzeitung is specifically printed in order to make me hate my own country. In that case: Mission accomplished! Never rooted vor Italy in an ITA-GER game, but there is a first time for everything.

edit: Plus, I am a HSV fan anyway, so I'm well trained in rooting for a team that is rightfully hated by everybody else.

Ibogaine fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jul 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Katana Gomai posted:

People who think carbonara is a cream sauce are the worst

I used to think it was a meat chop. (Karbonade). And back in the day, I never quite understood what this weird food was that Garfield was into, either.

• Locked thread