Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
All I want from Euro 2016 is for Özil to complete another pass like this one:

https://gfycat.com/PolishedUntidyBadger

I've been raving about it ever since I saw the live replay and I've never seen anything like it ever again. Make it happen, Mesut!

Okay, there's a few other things I want:

- Weigl in the team for every single minute of the tournament. Yes, i'm a 1860 fan so there's some "Unser Junge" thinking here, but this guy has become a midfield machine this year and if there's one thing we desperately need it's a player who plays a good and clean no bullshit pass (I know this contradicts my Özil wish but that was loving MAGIC so it doesn't count) without wasting a second thinking about the less obvious and way harder second, third or fourth option. He'll probably won't even make it to France, though

- There's a whole group of players (Rudy, Hector, Rüdiger, loving-Gomez, Can and maybe ter Stegen) that should take a look at Mustafi's path at WC 2016 and maybe think about taking the same one. Including Mustafi himself (his Lego fig is still amazing)

- Neuer finally being called libero instead of goalie, because that's what he is

- Götze to once again score the most important goal in the tournament, because I want to see that guy as happy as he was two years ago. I've never seen him laugh like that again and it's all because of those evil Bayern-men!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Sorry, double post:

elbkaida posted:

Kind of mean of Löw to send out all the firsttimer kids against some hard cunts like Slovakia without proper leadership on the pitch. Got a deserved bloody nose but in the end they'll just blame it on the weather I fear instead of taking that as a lesson learned.

I thought that Kimmich was the worst in that aspect. Guardiola always praises him as this great player (is he? I've not seeen that many Bayern matches this season) but during the second half he had this constant "Why do I have to play in this loving weather" smugface on. Dude, you're playing the Mannschaft for the first time. Make an effort, would ya?

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Boateng can be my neighbour anytime if he lets me ride in his sweet rear end custom Bentley in exchange!

For real though: He seems kinda dumb in interviews which leaves a strange impression. I've "met" him in person twice (coincidentally, of course...I don't know him personally) in a restaurant we often go to and both times he was absolutely humble and nice to every one there. It doesn't fit his outgoing clothing style and sometimes aggressive fits on the pitch at all. He seems really, really cool!

Torrannor posted:

I admit, I don't understand what you are trying to say here :negative:

Mustafi got injured just in time before everyone realized how badly he sucks, so no one could exploit that weakness. Best thing I've ever seen him do.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Have you ever seen Hector doing something even remotely resembling a sprint? That guy's highest speed is Schmelle's light jog.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
They all make sense IMO. Of course, there's a bunch of other players that should not be there as well, but...yeah... bye bye!

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
"Yeah, but gently caress Löw for not bringing him to France. gently caress HIM RIGHT UP HIS SCARF." :colbert:

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
He looks like not a single day has passed since the WC final. Geez...

Gomez with the "I shouldn't be here, right guys? Right?" thousand yard stare.

And finally Kimmich doing his best "90ies child molester bad guy in a movie" impression.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

Sereri posted:

I was getting more of a Beavis vibe, but yeah I can see it

No, you're absolutely right :D

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Beginner's mistake: We just write 'muellerdancinggif' or something like that (too lazy to check).

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Where can I buy the new Jogi shirt? Wanna wear it and then sniff my crotch just like him.

But seriously: What is it and is it below 200€?

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
I continue to be disappointed by our "world class midfielder" Kroos. Am I alone in this? Here's a guy that is able to play the most amazing passes, be it high or low, short or wide. What he does, though, is seeing an opportunity that has a slight chance of failing and never taking it. Instead, he just chooses the safe option every time. He also never seems to do the first and obvious thing that comes into his mind and tries to think waaaay too far ahead which slows us down immensely. His lack of defensive abilities doesn't help either. You always get the feeling that his highness needn't be bothered by such peasantry tasks.

Yet, people keep on gloating and aaawww'ing about how amazing he is and that is he's one of the best midfielders in the world. The potential is there for sure, but what is it good for if he never shows it?

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
I'd be happy if Weigl gets a chance. Just give him the first half against Northern Ireland and see what happens.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Can anyone tell me which song that stupid little guitar lick on ZDF is stolen from? I know the whole German song, but there's an English / American one that has pretty much the same and it's driving me nuts.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Don't forget Nockherberg. It's nice there...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
I think it'd be good even if it'd be change for change's sake. We're playing well most of the time, but Löw's dislike of certain players that'd make us even better is holding back our true potential.

• Locked thread