Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
So what were you guys watching tonight?
This poll is closed.
Game 7 of the NBA Western Conference Finals 39 19.31%
Game 1 of the NHL Stanley Cup Finals 17 8.42%
WWE Raw, why would you even ask this on a wrestling subforum I don't even 19 9.41%
runs back up the ramp 127 62.87%
Total: 202 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Armbar.

ala Kushida v O'Reilly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The_Rob posted:

I stopped watching after AJ beat up Cena. Anything happen after.

stephen curry turned into a beast that fed on three pointers and he did not go hungry

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

The_Rob posted:

I stopped watching after AJ beat up Cena. Anything happen after.

KO and Jericho had a funny interaction

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So what'd I miss

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Well, I officially don't give a poo poo about Seth Rollins with his stupid fake outs running to the ring. I also got bored quick with AJ running to the ring too many times, just once was enough.

Also the moment of silence at the beginning of Raw was enough appreciation. I didn't need to hear from both Titus and John.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed: ^^ Remember a month ago when people were excited about them possibly not loving up either of them lol

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So what'd I miss

Trash.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

quote:

Roman Reigns was out for a promo to respond to all things Seth Rollins.

He stood in the ring and soaked in the reaction. Plenty of cheers, plenty of boos.

"Two years ago, Seth Rollins sold out when he broke up The Shield. Ever since then he's called himself The Man. That's funny to me, how can you call yourself The Man if you're constantly running from The Guy? I've said it before, I'm not a good guy, I'm not a bad guy, but as long as this (WWE world heavyweight title) is on my shoulder, I'm The Guy. So if you think you're the man, Seth, come on out here and prove it."

He put the mic down and Rollins' music hit. He walked out sans microphone and started walking to the ring. Reigns waited for him. Seth kept stopping and hyping himself up. Before he actually got to the ring he signaled like he was forgetting something.

He went and grabbed a microphone. Roman smirked.

Rollins acted like he was going to start talking multiple times. He looked at the crowd with disdain. Then he threw the mic and started walking to the ring again. He got close, stopped, and started laughing. He backed off again, then RAN for the ring, then stopped and laughed again.

You really got us, Seth.

Reigns just stood there, looking tired of all this.

Fans booed when Seth walked back up the ramp to the microphone. He picked it up, acted like he was going to talk again, then threw the mic and left. Roman's music hit and everyone who wanted to make noise cheered him as his music played.

Suddenly Rollins went hauling rear end to the ring but AGAIN stopped just short and laughed. "We do things my way around here," Seth said as he backpedaled once more.

Roman held the title up in the ring.

That was that.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
from the AV club review:

quote:

The night is filled with similar segments that seem to be completely bungled in execution, and tone-deaf to what’s compelling and exciting in front of a live crowd. WWE has Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns coming face to face for the first time in months and the best they can muster is a goofy, drawn-out segment where Rollins keeps teasing that he’s coming into the ring only to once again retreat up the ramp. He does it over and over again as Reigns stands there with a blank look on his face. It’s a baffling segment that manages to kill all the heat that comes with Seth loving Rollins facing off against Roman loving Reigns.

how long did this bit actually go for

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i'm pretty sure it's still going on

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Seams posted:

from the AV club review:

At least a full minute

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That segment was great because Roman only talked for like 4 sentences, and even that was too much, so him just standing there silent while seth ran back and forth forever was a major improvement.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That sounds really really bad

ijii
Mar 17, 2007

Seams posted:

from the AV club review:

I rechecked the stream. By the time Seth Rollins came out and was standing on top of the ramp I started timing. He literally went back and forth on the top of the ramp without saying anything. Then preceded to run back and forth from ring and ramp without doing anything. I stopped the timing when cameras went off of Roman finally and back to the announcers to continue on to rest of the show.

Total time: 5 minutes even!

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
I for one slept and missed everything, but I am so glad I was right about AJ vs. Cena. It's gonna be real good

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
I didn't watch and I don't care to so somebody post a clip of Ziggler hitting Corbin in the dick and I figure that's all the show was good for

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I kind of wish we got Cena/Styles vs Gallows/Anderson.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

keevo posted:

It would have been cool to do that for the main, and they could have just had aj turn on him there.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

CarlCX posted:

Also: Not that The Shining Stars aren't dumb as gently caress, they are, but did the WWE seriously hype them up for a month and a half, debut them and then immediately have them skip half a month of Raw? It's not like it's a salvageable gimmick, but they're still making videos so clearly the WWE still cares about it to some extent, so what the gently caress?

I was convinced it was an ad for Puerto Rico tourism. I don't understand the gimmick at all.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
A lot of nothing happened in this show.

1. Show opened with Steph, Shane and New Day. New Day asked all the right questions about the brand split. Steph and Shane replied with "Nothing is final."
2. Seth Rollins did absolutely nothing on the ramp for 5 minutes straight! Yea that'll show Roman Reigns!
3. In separate segments, Titus and Cena turning up the level of patriotism to 11 . The Raw intro moment of silence was enough, thanks.
4. AJ Style beat up John Cena in a shocking swerve. Then as he leaves, he jump back into the ring to beat up Cena more. Repeat that last statement 4 times.
5. Dana squashes Natalie (so much for Diva Revolution or furthering Women's wrestling.)
6. Dolph low blows Corbin within a minute, the end.

I turned off Raw.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

keevo posted:

I wish it was stable vs stable feuds. The Club vs Wyatts or New Day makes more sense. This just ends up with Cena burying 3 newcomers.

Raw was real bad. I don't know how you guys watch it live. I have to FF like half the show.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I feel I made the right decision to ignore Raw entirely to play the new Witcher 3 expansion.

CDPR for WWE writing team please

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Niwrad posted:

I wish it was stable vs stable feuds. The Club vs Wyatts or New Day makes more sense. This just ends up with Cena burying 3 newcomers.

Raw was real bad. I don't know how you guys watch it live. I have to FF like half the show.

I usually watch it live because I have Mondays free, and the last couple months raw had been good. Tonight was real bad though. I might stop watching until mitb.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ijii posted:

5. Dana squashes Natalie (so much for Diva Revolution or furthering Women's wrestling.)

You forgot Stephanie getting time to absolutely castigate Charlotte for acting like a heel out of nowhere and stepping all over Charlotte's line, leaving another wrestler completely cowed on camera and sucking out all the heat from that in the end as well.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Niwrad posted:

I was convinced it was an ad for Puerto Rico tourism. I don't understand the gimmick at all.

I think it might be as simple as the travel agent spots giving them something "different" to break up the flow of the show. That it's a colossal misfire that they inexplicably refuse to abandon suggests, like, Vince pet project.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Looking at the upper midcard to the top based on the top 3 matches next month:

Reigns
Cena
Rollins
Styles
Cesaro
Ambrose
Zayn
Del Rio
Jericho
Owens

I can come up with a strong argument that 6 of 9 of these are miscast right now. There should be zero.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

You forgot Stephanie getting time to absolutely castigate Charlotte for acting like a heel out of nowhere and stepping all over Charlotte's line, leaving another wrestler completely cowed on camera and sucking out all the heat from that in the end as well.

What was the point of that? Makes your heel champ look real weak. If Charlotte told her to gently caress off it would have made more sense.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

the only one that's debatable is ADR, every other one should be at or near the top of the card, it's just the writing and alignments are off. the styles/roman feud got it right but going full face for reigns and full heel for styles a week after it's over is a terrible tone deaf idea to do right now

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I'm genuinely surprised that the dumb fake-out segment with Seth isn't getting tanked in dislikes on WWE's official channel.

Other videos... don't do so well.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The thing about the Seth Rollins/Roman Reigns segment for me wasn't Seth taunting us. I liked that, actually. It was Roman just standing there and doing nothing. It made him look as much of a chump as the rest of us and killed the segment such that it was just heatless in the end. If you're gonna do a funny bit, make it a bit. But this was just terribly executed.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sigmachiev posted:

Looking at the upper midcard to the top based on the top 3 matches next month:

Reigns
Cena
Rollins
Styles
Cesaro
Ambrose
Zayn
Del Rio
Jericho
Owens

I can come up with a strong argument that 6 of 9 of these are miscast right now. There should be zero.

When is Jericho mercifully leaving to go back to Fozzy stuff

I like him and he's like, one of maybe 3 good parts about WWE at all in general right now, but even I thought the Dean feud sucked, went long, and wasn't good for either ultimately, especially with that ER match. I don't trust them to keep up a good thing and want him free ASAP

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 06:45 on May 31, 2016

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
It pisses me off that Stephanie is apparently so insecure she can't handle not getting heat. She always has to be a heat stealer. Even during the new day segment when they complimented shanes shoes, Stephanie got in the way of the camera to show her shoes.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Swagger Dagger posted:

That segment was great because Roman only talked for like 4 sentences, and even that was too much, so him just standing there silent while seth ran back and forth forever was a major improvement.

It was literal garbage. I was looking for the trash bin.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

ijii posted:

A lot of nothing happened in this show.

1. Show opened with Steph, Shane and New Day. New Day asked all the right questions about the brand split. Steph and Shane replied with "Nothing is final."
2. Seth Rollins did absolutely nothing on the ramp for 5 minutes straight! Yea that'll show Roman Reigns!
3. In separate segments, Titus and Cena turning up the level of patriotism to 11 . The Raw intro moment of silence was enough, thanks.
4. AJ Style beat up John Cena in a shocking swerve. Then as he leaves, he jump back into the ring to beat up Cena more. Repeat that last statement 4 times.
6. Dolph low blows Corbin within a minute, the end.

I turned off Raw.

You forgot
5) addendum: Dana Brooke kinda does a Michinoku Driver finisher....sorta. Drops Nattie at the end but Nattie is a pro and landed so she didnt get hurt. Also Nattie was nice enough to raise her leg as a gentle reminder for Dana to pin her. It was rather amusing.
7) Enzo and Cass vs Dudleyz. Enzo and Cass talk about cheese first.
8) KO, Del Rio and Jericho, the hater of stupid idiots, hang out and chat. It was great. Jericho doesn't like anyone which hurts KO's feelings. Jericho also forgot KO speaks french. They have a match that was nice but heatless. Everyone charged up their finishers for the end and it was bueno.

Del Rio seems to be more motivated in the ring and mic as of late. Maybe its just hanging around KO, Cesaro, Sami and Jericho. I like motivated Del Rio. Also I think Apollo Crews showed up but I can never remember anything about him once he leaves the screen. Once I stop looking at him my memory of him vanishes. Inexplicable.

Also: go Penguins.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 07:03 on May 31, 2016

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's fitting that Enzo and Cass talked about cheese, cuz they certainly don't cut the mustard!

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I like the heeling theory that went into the segment. The crowd hates Roman and anything Seth does will get cheered, so have him do nothing, and worse TEASE the crowd that he's going to do something and THEN do nothing. Not only subvert all normal tropes/expectations, but accept the fact that if the crowd will cheer you for anything, the only way to get boo'd is to do nothing.

"Well, normally a face would get into the ring when challenged, but since I'm a heel I'll act like I will, but at the last minute I won't. Then normally a heel would cut a self-aggradizing promo. But the crowd would like that so I'll act like I'm going to, but at the last minute I won't. Then normally a heel would wait for an advantage and bum rush the ring to get one over on the face... but the crowd would REALLY like that so I'll act like I'm going to but at the last minute I won't. I'll just leave without having done a single thing at all no matter how bad they want me to." It makes sense on paper.

The problem is its not exactly exciting TV/Live Entertainment and the execution was farcical and Roman looked like a passive aggressive idiot for not doing anything about it when he could have made like Ambrose and chased Seth all the way to the drat parking lot if not further.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

The_Rob posted:

It pisses me off that Stephanie is apparently so insecure she can't handle not getting heat. She always has to be a heat stealer. Even during the new day segment when they complimented shanes shoes, Stephanie got in the way of the camera to show her shoes.

... I assumed that was kind of in character, like she's trying to get over but just coming across as dorky and fake.

No, there's no reason for her to get in the face of Charlotte. If they needed someone to ream out Steph for not respecting your wrestling parents, they could have had Paige do it.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Von_Doom posted:

Del Rio seems to be more motivated in the ring and mic as of late. Maybe its just hanging around KO, Cesaro, Sami and Jericho. I like motivated Del Rio.
I love Del Rio's offense and style as a heel, and if he gets a push as we move into the brand split to build up credible heels along with KO, Seth, and AJ, I'm all for it.

Sanguinia posted:

The problem is its not exactly exciting TV/Live Entertainment and the execution was farcical and Roman looked like a passive aggressive idiot for not doing anything about it when he could have made like Ambrose and chased Seth all the way to the drat parking lot if not further.
This is the real problem. Why didn't he just attack Seth? In general, Roman should be attacking and being aggressive. That's what gets him over. Not standing there, looking confused.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm legit shocked they're letting Dana Brooke do a Michinoku Driver

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

Tricky Dick Nixon posted:

This is the real problem. Why didn't he just attack Seth? In general, Roman should be attacking and being aggressive. That's what gets him over. Not standing there, looking confused.

Yeah this is the thing. Roman should loving hate Seth Rollins. It shouldn't be "prove to me you aren't a coward and come out to the ring." Roman should be hunting him down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

jackofarcades posted:

Yeah this is the thing. Roman should loving hate Seth Rollins. It shouldn't be "prove to me you aren't a coward and come out to the ring." Roman should be hunting him down.

Agreed. He looks like he's trying for the Kevin Nash "cooler than thou" type vibe but it comes off forced or confused. Sadly the too cool approach doesn't help Rollins look like a real threat either. I think they are trying for the classic Cena approach as Cena did sell tons of merch but it makes for a crappy feud. Wish I could fast forward Roman to fight Cena. Those two fighting are are about the only thing I have faith in. Probably won't happen for 2+ years. Hate other guys I like getting fed to the rapadoo. I can understand AJ (though I disagree) but Rollins has TONS of potential and if Roman is never allowed to show his rear end it won't do either man any favours.

• Locked thread