Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Clifford Marshall - Manager of Public Relations

Clifford whispers to The Accountant, "Accountant, you look a bit discheveled. Polish those scuffs and hold your posture high. We're making history here, let's make it look good."

Rally Now! on The Accountant 1cp. The Accountant can spend a recovery.

pre:
Clifford Marshall
Stats			Once Per Battle
HP 23/27 (00)		  [ ]Moment of Glory
AC 16			  [ ]Forceful Command (+2 to an attack roll per cp spent up to ed)
PD 13			Recharge
MD 13		          [X]BTS (11+)	
Recoveries 3/8 (1d8+2)	Command Points: 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The Accountant

"Oh, uh right. Thanks sir, I'll try to be presentable." The Accountant says as an icicle falls off of his wrist and tears his robes.

Recovery Roll: 1d6+3 7

pre:
The Accountant
Stats			At-Will
HP 11/27 (00)		  Chaos Bolt
AC 12			  Scorching Ray
PD 14			Recharge
MD 12			  [ ] Lightning Fork
Recoveries 6/8		Daily
Breath Weapon Active	  [X] Breath of the White

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Avéline "Honest Avé" Lyon, Press Secretary
"Don't be an idiot, Sudd. These Legionnaires aren't going to be as forgiving as me if you strike them." She subtly alters the aura of her ki in an attempt to calm everyone nearby, or at least make them too drowsy to fight. Only Sudd seems to be resistant, requiring Avéline to concentrate on him. Her voice turns harsh, but never loses its composure: "If you're going to act like a child, you'd better not cry when the grown-ups tell you it's nap time."

Quick: Calming Aura (WIS): 1d20+3+5+1 27 attempt to calm Sudd and the others, hopefully Myc too
Standard Precise Mantis Kick: 1d20+4+1+3 21 HIT
Precise Mantis Kick Damage: 1d10+4 12

pre:
Avéline Lyon, Aasimar Monk (Improved) 1

HP 13/21 Recoveries 5/8 (1d8) Ki 4/6
Base defenses AC 16 PD 13 MD 16
Temporary Bonuses +2 AC
Melee Attack 1d20+4+1+ED
JAB 1d6+4 PUNCH 1d8+4 KICK 1d10+4

Powers
Claws of the Panther (form)
Dance of the Mantis (form)
[ ] Halo (1/battle)
[ ] Leaf on the Wind (1/battle)
[x] Phoenix Touch (1/day)

Ki Powers
Certain Vengeance Posture: engaged enemy that hits me becomes vulnerable to my attacks UEOB
Wind's Comrade: gain flight UEOMT
Rise from the Ashes: make immediate normal save against daze/weaken/confuse/hamper/stun
Predator's Return: when finisher misses all targets, can use flow attack next

Consumables
+5 Dwarf King

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Killer Myc- Head of Security

Feeling slightly peeved, Myc lets out a great big cloud of spores as it desires to prove that it ain't no busta. The gigantic fungoid walks past the two protesters currently engaged in a melee with it and, with its claymore ready, cleaves into one of the nearby guardsmen.

"See, Sudd? I ain't no busta."

Spores of Decay (Rabble): 1d20+7 24 1d6 4

Disengage: 1d20 20

Attacking the Legion (Basic): 1d20+7 19 1d10+4 9

Saving Throw (Busta): 1d20 1

pre:
Killer Myc
Stats			Recharge | Daily
HP 13/30 (00)           [X] Spores of Decay
AC 20			[X]|[X] [ ] [ ] Smite the Living
PD 13			[X][X]Spores of Regrowth
MD 12		        [X] Bastion
Recoveries 3/8 (1d10+2)
Melee: 1d20+5+ED; 1d10+4
Current Ailments
~*****busta*****~

Arrrthritis fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Aug 17, 2016

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Myc's sword sends a legionnaire flying back into a groaning heap, which solicits a rain of blows from the guardsmen! Two swords are blocked by his thick arms, but a third finds a weak point, quite nearly knocking the Mycenoid out!

But your repeated pleas for an end to the violence are heard. Slowly, the two sides spread apart, leaving you in the center. Battered, beaten, injured, tired, but unbroken.

Legion reacts, attacks Myc!
Crit! 8, 6. Myc takes 10 damage!

Rabble get their last kicks in.
18 hits Clifford, 9 misses, 18 hits Avé. Clifford and Avé take 3 damage.

With a frown and a hand gesture, the Legion takes a step back and sheathes their swords. Sudd is dragged backwards by a few half orcs as well. For just a moment, its quiet, instead of the shouting and the anger just this side of a full scale battle.
General Mayheim frowns.
"Hmph, no, I suppose this isn't your average rebellion, is it? Throwing down your weapons, refusing combat but staying in your lines... Tell me then, what is this all about?"

Sudd shouts from the edge of the camp, surrounded by half orcs and the poor downtrodden of Rabbleward.
"You say we stand up for ourselves, but we don't fight. You say we're taking charge, but we gotta work with that pasty Nob. What the hell are you fighting for?"

Congratulations, your presence and sacrifice prevented a massacre and senseless death! Now go ahead and answer the question. Everyone's invited, it's PbP after all.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The Accountant

Picking himself up from the smoldering heap of metal inside a cloak on the ground, the Accountant replies to the General.

"What is this all about? Isn't this obvious? This is about protecting people's lives, not treating them as statistics. This is about treating all living things as living things. Something the Legion and the Emperor doesn't seem to care about in the slightest. Why would the Emperor care about the common being? He just sees common beings as a way to ensure his power is complete, and provide him taxes to continue their glamorous lifestyle while the Legion protects him from any uprising. Such as what has happened here."

Spending 2 recoveries.
Recovery Roll: 1d6+3 5
Recovery Roll: 1d6+3 8

pre:
The Accountant
Stats			At-Will
HP 24/27 (00)		  Chaos Bolt
AC 12			  Scorching Ray
PD 14			Recharge
MD 12			  [ ] Lightning Fork
Recoveries 4/8		Daily
Breath Weapon Active	  [X] Breath of the White

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Clifford's pulse is still operating at a higher than healthy level when everyone puts their arms down. He retrieves his weapon and hooks it to his belt. "Yes, these people are fleeing state sanctioned rioting. They are not in rebellion, they are innocent. They no longer have homes to go to, as the district is in flames. This settlement is a stop gap measure until they are able to find permanent dwellings, but I believe the Emperor has a housing crisis on his hands."

He turns to Sudd "As for you, you are fighting for your right to be heard on how this Empire should be run. Up until recently, your only weapon against aggression was to fight back. I don't fault you for quickly resorting to old ways, but now you have been granted a new weapon: The right to vote. Your vote in the election could do more damage to the status quo than any thrown rock or punch to the legion ever could. You could take down the Empire through passionate speeches, rallying the populace behind a better leader, whomever you choose. Just remember where you got this housing from - The Dwarf King, Strong Leadership, Stalwart Defense."

pre:
Clifford Marshall
Stats			Once Per Battle
HP 20/27 (00)		  [ ]Moment of Glory
AC 16			  [ ]Forceful Command (+2 to an attack roll per cp spent up to ed)
PD 13			Recharge
MD 13		          [X]BTS (11+)	
Recoveries 3/8 (1d8+2)	Command Points: 5

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Sudd nods.

"Hah. Fight with words, huh? Bet that fits right for folks like you. Well, we'll see how that works out."

Lord Stieel relaxes. He's sweaty and disheveled, but smiling.
"Hah! Quite a bit more excitement than schooling in Santa Cora. But I think this could be a turning point for us. It certainly won't be quick, but with time I think we can turn these things around. Right General Mayheim?"

He turns to the General, who is gazing south towards Rabbleward. In the distance. He seems distracted by the glow of the fires over the buildings in the distance.

Wait.

Aren't the wards supposed to block the sight of the fire?

The General starts shouting at the assembled Legionnaires.
"All troops! The Fire wards are down! First Company, get to Goldring, spread out and get a fire break! Hopkins, get to the Palace Tower, get some wizards down here."
He turns at you and frowns.
"Those wards are old, but this is... too convenient. But if you're willing to stand between two sides and take a beating like that, then I'll give you a chance. You're deputized. Get those fires controlled before all of Axis burns down!"

The audience you've gathered, and the people you protected, stare at the bright orange glow in shock. But The Accountant was certain the Wards would be fine. Did something happen to them?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The Accountant

"The...the wards were holding. I don't understand, how could those powerful wards be broken?." The Accountant stutters as the General deputizes us.

Standing up with a renewed sense of purpose, the Dwarf-Forged seems have a shine in his eyes as he turns to the Lord. "Lord Stieel, where can we do the most good? What area should we concentrate one?"

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Lord Stieel is waving down one of his friends from the party. He turns to answer, but you're interrupted.

"Plenty of stuff closer to home. Rocs! We're going to Saltpork! Sudd, you too, and bring your lot over too!"
Graysk is already running, followed by the rest of her gang.

Lord Stieel pauses, then grabs his eyepatched bodyguard and a number of other nobles.

"Get all the private guards together, set up on the south end of Uptown. I'm sure we can at least convince them to defend their own homes!
That just leaves the Docks! Adventurers, I don't know how much help you'll find. Most people are watching the Grand Kjess Tournament! We're depending on you, save the city!"

Another wall of fire seems to rise up in another part of the city. Are more of the wards failing?

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

The press secretary wastes no time waiting for the others to mobilize. Muttering under her breath about her damnable luck, she takes off in the direction of the Docks. If the fire is contained just enough that it's noticeable, the Emperor's hand will be forced.

Gotta Go Fast (DEX+Misfortunate): 1d20+4+1+3 19
Recovery: 1d8 5

pre:
Avéline Lyon, Aasimar Monk (Improved) 1

HP 18/21 Recoveries 4/8 (1d8) Ki 4/6
Base defenses AC 16 PD 13 MD 16
Temporary Bonuses +2 AC
Melee Attack 1d20+4+1+ED
JAB 1d6+4 PUNCH 1d8+4 KICK 1d10+4

Powers
Claws of the Panther (form)
Dance of the Mantis (form)
[ ] Halo (1/battle)
[ ] Leaf on the Wind (1/battle)
[x] Phoenix Touch (1/day)

Ki Powers
Certain Vengeance Posture: engaged enemy that hits me becomes vulnerable to my attacks UEOB
Wind's Comrade: gain flight UEOMT
Rise from the Ashes: make immediate normal save against daze/weaken/confuse/hamper/stun
Predator's Return: when finisher misses all targets, can use flow attack next

Consumables
+5 Dwarf King

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
You rush over, Avéline leading the way through the streets. She may not be native, but she certainly remembers which way the Middle Sea is! You get there as some houses on the edge of the district have caught alight. The salt-soaked buildings are slow to catch, but the intense heat means the whole city may go up if nothing is done.

But as you run, something rings from above. The beating of wings, and and a catchy rhythm through scaly lips. The deep bass of enormous lungs fills the air, and you gaze up into the sky at a blue dragon, lit from underneath by the fires consuming the city. She's beatboxing, and a gnoll with some sort of amplification device is on her back, shouting his rhymes.

"Tear up the night, feel the warmth of the glow
Of the Empire burning, no time for the slow!
That gold armored pervert sits in the box
And can't even tell that his home's on the rocks!

Ain't no trust for the people in charge,
King, Queen, or Emperor, living it large,
The world is dangerous, we don't change we're done,
Fight fire with fire, the Crusader's the one!

The world is dangerous, we don't change we're done,
FIght fire with fire, the Crusader's the one!"

It's a striking image.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Killer Myc- Head of Security

Recovery: 1d10+4 7
Recovery: 1d10+4 9
THE LAST RECOVERY: 1d10+4 8

Spurred by the sight of his longtime rival rapping about his rival compatriots, Myc is spurred into a rapping frenzy in an attempt to build on to gnoll's lyrics.

"Mutha fuckas I just brought some new chuckas
The old ones bloodied up from stompin out those suckas
Old jungle hound
Big fungal mound

King Toad on yo dogging rear end
Step and fetch fucky rear end flunky rear end
Dick in the booty for your nasty rear end

I don't fear killers of the Free
Not Lich not Orc not Three
"

pre:
Killer Myc
Stats			Recharge | Daily
HP 27/30 (00)           [ ] Spores of Decay
AC 20			[ ]|[X] [ ] [ ] Smite the Living
PD 13			[X][X]Spores of Regrowth
MD 12		        [ ] Bastion
Recoveries 0/8 (1d10+2)
Melee: 1d20+5+ED; 1d10+4
Current Ailments
~*****busta*****~

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

"If the wards are no longer working, we should try to save the city from this fire. Of course it wouldn't BE on fire if the purge wasn't ordered, but this isn't a time for politicking." Clifford lied. It was always a time for politicking.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The Accountant

"Let us make haste then. Should we concentrate on evacuating the citizens, or stemming the fire?"

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother

For a few moments Avéline just watches the rhyming gnoll, stunned. The Crusader's attempt to win hearts and minds by burning the whole city down is utterly in defiance of all logic. She shakes her head to clear her mind. "Don't just stand there, people! Get some buckets filled and help me put out this blasted fire!"

Fight Fire With Water (CHA): 1d20+3+5+1 27

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Avéline doesn't have time for gnolls and their musical customs. Within moments many of the onlookers are roped into a bucket line, using pans, bowls, anything on hand to get water on the flames. Your efforts are quickly rewarded, as a quick break between the raging fires and the docks takes shape.

But your efforts don't go unnoticed. Snap Gnoll descends, the dragon he's riding landing in the streets with an impact that rattles stones. Gnoll smiles toothily.

Come on Myc, you think you're on my level anymore? You're small time, mushroom! I don't got time to rap with you, I got a word to spread!
All of ya, runnin' around tryin to do good. In a week those poo poo farming dopes won't even remember your names! But fear! Fear sticks in the gut, makes you want something!"

Snap Gnoll raises a Rod of Vocal Reverb to his snout.
"Demons! Orcs! The undead! They mass at the walls of the Empire, and your leaders can't even defend their own capital! Only the Crusader can keep you safe!"

A murmur passes through the crowd around you. But you see something more concerning. A woman, one of Snap Gnoll's hangers on, runs out of the flames. They part around her, clearly suppressed by some sort of spell from the glowing wand in her hand. She makes an expert leap onto the dragon's back.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The Accountant

"Hmm, that woman seems rather suspicious, doesn't she?"

"There is a strange familiarity of the magic she is using to keep the flames away, I can almost put my fingers on it."

Calculating Magical Forces: 1d20+4 15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
The accountant quickly places the magic; Draconic sorcery, bestowed by the Blue. That she is running so freely among the flaming parts of the city... She must be responsible for the wards failing.

• Locked thread